Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post

Durant, Embiid, PJ Tucker, Norm Powell, The unicorn
    Hell yeah, I'm dying for Porzingod to be exposed as a pedestrian 7'1 in socks.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Will be interesting to watch the Warriors this season. With KD out of the picture and Klay missing part of the season, can Curry have another MVP-calibre season and put that team in a position to win it all - potentially cementing his status, alongside Magic, as arguably the greatest point guard of all time?
      Im suprised GS is not getting more love. Picked by some as No 12 in NBA this years (our Raps No 13).
      When Klay comes back, lineup of Curry, Klay, Green (same 3 from a couple of championship runs -before KD); Add WCS, a solid defender & Russell ins of Iggy & Livingston, both way over the hill.
      IMO (if not too far back before Klay comes back) -should challenge Denver & Hou for top 3 spot.
      Even if they finish 6 or 7 their starting 5 is deepest & should be in for WC finals.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He had a good run, up until the last 2 years when the ankle injuries came back. He's missed 30 games the last 2 seasons, even with KD. He's even missed a playoff round. That was always the risk with Curry and why he signed his first deal, below market.
        How many of those 30 games were injury (enough not top play) or load management (with KD we dont really need you -rest)?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          The Warriors seem kind of meh to me this season. The West is going to be tougher than usual and GSW has a bullseye on their back for beating so many teams for so many years consistently.

KD, Iggy, Livingston, and Cousins all out. Klay as well for most the season.

And they just got D'Angelo and WCS to replace all those vets they lost.

Kerr is going to be working hard for his paycheck.
          Lets not forget. GS with Cousins, Iggy, Livingston & KD was a favourite against the field to win it all. Cousins, between injuries had a fairly poor PO replaced by younger, better defender WCS. Iggy & Livinston replaced by Russell.
          Id say not as dominant (with no KD), but very solid, ONCE KLAY is back.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Huh that convenient... We load managed him like no other and he still looked like he was on his last leg (pun intended) during the playoffs. Him and PG both have a history of injury trouble. I have a feeling the both of them will not make it through the season injury free.
            With West loaded with 7-8 very good teams (plus Kings & Dallas "lurking"), can they afford Load management (or injury)?
            2 Games missed might be 5-17 (unlike 17-5 with Raps).
            PG13 kind of burned out second half of season (he was incredible first half).
            If either (or both) miss 15-20 games, they might be fighting for playoffs (I hope). I dont see them higher than 5 (Den, Hou, GS, Lakers).

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Seriously ... where the hell did the Summer go?! Or even September for that matter?!
              We kind of went a lot further in playoffs than ever before.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

At least he's leading for once...with his face.
                I guess better than leading his old team Cavs twice to No 1 overall pick

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

Im suprised GS is not getting more love. Picked by some as No 12 in NBA this years (our Raps No 13).
                  When Klay comes back, lineup of Curry, Klay, Green (same 3 from a couple of championship runs -before KD); Add WCS, a solid defender & Russell ins of Iggy & Livingston, both way over the hill.
                  IMO (if not too far back before Klay comes back) -should challenge Denver & Hou for top 3 spot.
                  Even if they finish 6 or 7 their starting 5 is deepest & should be in for WC finals.
                  I'm not all too excited by any of their offseason moves, aside from Russell. They are thin everywhere and significantly worse defensively. Offensively it probably doesn't matter who they put out there cause playing with Steph/Klay/Draymond I would get open layups, but defensively I don't trust anyone. Also I expect them to struggle against good teams scoring wise early, before Klay is back. Any offense with Steph is going to be great, but hes going to have to rest sometime, and that will be ugly.

Comment

• We’re going to find out if Steph is really a top five player In the league or not.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      We’re going to find out if Steph is really a top five player In the league or not.
                      Man, he’s a two-time MVP, he’s easily top-five
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Man, he’s a two-time MVP, he’s easily top-five
                        Yeah, what were going to find out is just how much Curry, Draymond, and Kerr can elevate the play of a roster full of mediocre players. I expect that team to get better as the season goes on, more so than most.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Lol Daryl Morey again places foot in the mouth at the wrong time.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/china-s...171331330.html

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Lol Daryl Morey again places foot in the mouth at the wrong time.

don't think there anything wrong with what morey did. We have seen players like Lebron make political statements about the president of the united states and now one seems to care. The chinese market is a huge influence not only for the NBA but specifically the rockets. Not to mention one of their most storied players is a Chinese Hero. This is differently going to hurt the rockets financially and the NBA would suffer if more players or executives posted something similar. The NBA and Houston is in a really tricky spot now, the league has been ahead of the curve with allowing social commentary but Morey just poked at something that has potential to hurt the NBA bottom line.... Be interesting to see how the rockets/Adam Silver respond.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Extensions don't HAVE to be a 20% raise, that's just the limit. They could extend him at any salary they like, up to that 20% raise. So if you want to say they should extend him for a lower value, they can do that. It just, doesn't really matter in the big picture anyway.

Lowry literally made the all star team last season. He'll be at most 1.5 years removed from playing in the all star game when he's a free agent. And you don't think there's an MLE out there for him?

I'm advocating for a one year extension. How much can I really be over-rating his longevity?

I agree no other team would give him a 1 year 20% raise, it's a scenario that only makes sense for the Raptors. But that doesn't mean it doesn't make a LOT of sense for the Raptors. Other teams however will certainly be lining up to offer him at least 10-15M ish per year over a short 2-3 year term (and some team or other should be smart enough to offer him 20M per for 2 years). So if the Raptors want to keep him they either need to offer something similar (which they shouldn't do) or make a godfather one year offer that makes it worthwhile passing up on those somewhat-longer-term deals.
                              Good for Masai making this happen.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Lol Daryl Morey again places foot in the mouth at the wrong time.

Good for Morey. Shame on the NBA. Even more so for making him apologize. Wrong side of history you cowards. Perhaps the progressive fighters against fascism Steve Kerr and Greg Popovich can weigh in?

Easy to criticize Trump. Not so easy to criticize real dictators, murderers and tyrants.

Comment

Working...
                                X