Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    It's hilarious the shitstorm that load management is causing lmao while Toronto pretty much avoided backlash
    Where is Toronto on NBA map?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Kawhi and his team exposed a flaw with the NBA. Most serious fans only care about what happens in the playoffs and not the regular season. Kawhi proved that he can miss 22 odd games and still win a chip. He's trying to do it again with the Clips. He doesn't care about home court advantage since a road game is just as easy to him as a home game. His team is good enough to make the playoffs even if he only suits up for like 60 games.

The fans suffer.. but I bet a majority of them bought seats anyway. Raptors sold out without Kawhi playing. I bet LA will as well.

Silver can fine the Clippers, but the penalty isn't severe enough for them to stop doing it. And even if he does, LA can claim that Kawhi was hurt/tired/etc. It's not like you need a doctor's notice to not play.

The question really is if it will be repeated by other stars. Giannis, Lebron, Harden all play as much as they can. I bet Curry and KD would as well but their hurt.
      Im not sure you can equate Clippers this year with Raptors last year. We had more than enough depth to finish 2nd overal & had home court advantage in 3/4 rounds. If Clips were to finish say 5th -playing (wiothout home court advantage) say Houston or Jazz in 1st round; then Lakers then Denver. I dont think they are good enough to win prob 4 series on road to championship. When did it ever happen in NBA that 5th or lower seed won it all? This is all assumiung both PG & Leonard are 100% by playoff time (as well as Harrell, Beverly & Lou). Slim pickings after those 5.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Gotta give him credit. But still, Embiid > Jokic.

Nobody in their right mind would take Jokic over Embiid. I have Jokic ahead of Towns in my C rankings now though.
        On talent level alone you might be correct (Embiid> Jokic). I still think you are more likely to CONSISTENTLY win with Jokic though.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

Im not sure you can equate Clippers this year with Raptors last year. We had more than enough depth to finish 2nd overal & had home court advantage in 3/4 rounds. If Clips were to finish say 5th -playing (wiothout home court advantage) say Houston or Jazz in 1st round; then Lakers then Denver. I dont think they are good enough to win prob 4 series on road to championship. When did it ever happen in NBA that 5th or lower seed won it all? This is all assumiung both PG & Leonard are 100% by playoff time (as well as Harrell, Beverly & Lou). Slim pickings after those 5.
          Clips won't finish 5th imo (assuming healthy) so the rest is mute

Comment

• Not sure where to put this but Rest In Peace David Stern. A good commissioner.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
              Not sure where to put this but Rest In Peace David Stern. A good commissioner.
              Not quite right to “like” this one but I echo it as much as I can

Comment

• RIP David Stern.

In other news Darren Collision wants to come back and play for one of the LA teams.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  RIP David Stern.

In other news Darren Collision wants to come back and play for one of the LA teams.
                  Collison left like $10 million+ on the table to walk away and be a Jehovah’s Witness, and now he wants to come back like six months later? Lmao
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Collison left like $10 million+ on the table to walk away and be a Jehovah’s Witness, and now he wants to come back like six months later? Lmao
                    God’s plan.

Comment

• Maybe nothing really new but not good news
                      https://ca.nba.com/news/pascal-siaka...q1bgvpezkjoo6u

Comment

• Haven't been paying attention to this but damn:

You have three different teams pretty much attesting the same thing. There needs to be consequences.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Haven't been paying attention to this but damn:

You have three different teams pretty much attesting the same thing. There needs to be consequences.
                          Uncle Dennis and Kawhi got too big of an ego after winning the title, probably felt like they were bigger than the league practically.

I partly blame the city of Toronto to be honest, following him in helicopters like the OJ chase, giving him the keys to the city, Kawhine and Dine, please please pleeeease stay we'll suck yo dick....

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't think the love from the city of Toronto had any impact on how he played free agency. I think if anything the love from the city of Toronto complicated matters for him. He already had all sorts of accolades and love, if the ego was going to be greatly impacted by that stuff it should have already been at maximum capacity.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I don't think the love from the city of Toronto had any impact on how he played free agency. I think if anything the love from the city of Toronto complicated matters for him. He already had all sorts of accolades and love, if the ego was going to be greatly impacted by that stuff it should have already been at maximum capacity.
                              Maybe not him, but his agent and uncle from the school of hard knocks but be more easily swayed and manipulated by the wining and dining..
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I love a good conspiracy. If Dennis did get some kind of a hand shake deal (like some free Microsoft stocks) what would the league do about it? Unless a reputable source came out with an expose (like they did with Bryan and his burner) I could see Silver and the league just keeping it in the down low.

Would be a pretty big scandal and I'm not sure what would happen. Kawhi and PG would still be Clippers. They would still be favourites for the next X number of years. They gave up a lot of their picks already to OKC. Fines won't do anything. Would love to see it though it. I could use another NBA scandal.

Comment

Working...
                                X