Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post

On talent level alone you might be correct (Embiid> Jokic). I still think you are more likely to CONSISTENTLY win with Jokic though.
    The Nuggets last season BARELY beat the Murray-less Spurs team in the first round last year.

The Sixers on the other hand, if not for Kawhi's Game 7 shot, we probably would be talking about them as the defending champions.

As for talent, 100% Embiid > Jokic. Not even close. Jokic is not in Embiid's level.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Trade talks heating up on Drummond. Looks like atlanta is interested and has the contracts to match. Pistons would be smart to move him. Doubt he opts in when he will probably be one of the top F.A this summer.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I'd only trade for Drummond as a rental.. but than wouldn't want to give up too much. If there is a bunch of teams interested than it's not worth getting into a bidding war.

Can trade him straight up for Serge. So an upgrade there. But Marc is more useful as a starter. I'd rather have Marc than Drummond. Marc can defend Embiid. Drummond can't. Marc can set up our offense. Drummond can't.

Is Andre okay coming off the bench on a contract year? And I'm assuming we'd have to attach a pick, maybe two. I don't think it moves the needle much and that's a big cost. We need cheap talent (ie, rookie contracts/picks) if we're big game hunting in 2021.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I'd only trade for Drummond as a rental.. but than wouldn't want to give up too much. If there is a bunch of teams interested than it's not worth getting into a bidding war.

Can trade him straight up for Serge. So an upgrade there. But Marc is more useful as a starter. I'd rather have Marc than Drummond. Marc can defend Embiid. Drummond can't. Marc can set up our offense. Drummond can't.

Is Andre okay coming off the bench on a contract year? And I'm assuming we'd have to attach a pick, maybe two. I don't think it moves the needle much and that's a big cost. We need cheap talent (ie, rookie contracts/picks) if we're big game hunting in 2021.

Wonder if the brass knows anything that they're not letting on about Marc and Pascal's timelines.... Maybe if those guys are looking to be out for a long time, they're thinking they need a big man sooner than later.

He also has a large player option next year, after which he becomes a free agent for 2021... which potentially fits our timelines.

Comment

• Woj just said he’s expected to opt out this summer. So he’d be a rental in a potential trade..no way raps give him a long term deal

edit—he’s be a good basketball fit on the Celtics they need a big body...but they can’t make the salaries work imho
              Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Fri Jan 3, 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                Woj just said he’s expected to opt out this summer. So he’d be a rental in a potential trade..no way raps give him a long term deal

edit—he’s be a good basketball fit on the Celtics they need a big body...but they can’t make the salaries work imho
                Gasol >>> Drummond
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Last edited by Tmac2darak; Fri Jan 3, 2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote:

the t's in tweet need to be lower case and you need a backslash / inside those 2nd brackets before tweet

Gotta love how much more user friendly that platform upgrade made things
                    Yeah fixed that thx

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      I definitely go get Drummond..this guy has never played on good team..a good team system,the guy is a Beast.
                      Imagine him playing with this team like this,learning from Gasol,Lowry,Coach Nurse,Freddy,Siakim,..guys who been playoffs and won.
                      I roll the dice and do it..His the best offensive re-bounder in the game,amazing re bounder, which we need,his a great defender,blocks and defensive force, also his screen and roll would b pretty sick with Freddy,lowry,siakim..yes he doesn't shoot the 3 that much,but when u start playing in Coach nurse system with more wide open shots.
                      So u probably are reading and thinking,well who do we give up..he does make 27-28 million..he was a all star caliber player..still is..so my thinking..
                      Ibaka,Boucher,Hernadez,Stanlely,1st rd pick..probably this what is gonna take,is it a lot,yes..but think about.
                      Ibaka is not coming back,his gonna get paid,probably will go 2 Detroit,bc of Dwayne Casey loves him..so your loosing him for nothing,Boucher I love the kid,but u gotta entice blue chip 2 get something, hate loosing him,but u can't keep all the players,his a free agent 2 so,someone might give him nice contract,Stanley is a through in..and of course our 1rd pick this year,honestly that's what it take..
                      After u get Drummond,u got some holes fills,u gave away 4 roster spots for one player,so u can go get these guys in buy out root,guys who aren't signed u can pick up,veteran players preferable. I believe raps still have mid level,not sure.
                      Raps weakness is Rebounding and he sure would fix that..

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Not a huge Drummond fan--I could be talked into it depending on a few factors that are perhaps happening behind the scenes:

--If he opts in for next year I'm more likely to want to trade for him. Especially if extension talks with Ibaka and/or Gasol aren't going well. If Ibaka wants a 3-4 year deal and Drummond will opt in for 2020 that makes the deal more enticing. If we can sign Gasol to a 1 year extension before the trade deadline and if talks break down with Serge I could be talked into doing Serge + protected 1st OR two 2nd's for Drummond, but only if he's locked up for 2020-2021.

--How bad is the Gasol injury? We don't know this for sure.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

I definitely go get Drummond..this guy has never played on good team..a good team system,the guy is a Beast.
                          Imagine him playing with this team like this,learning from Gasol,Lowry,Coach Nurse,Freddy,Siakim,..guys who been playoffs and won.
                          I roll the dice and do it..His the best offensive re-bounder in the game,amazing re bounder, which we need,his a great defender,blocks and defensive force, also his screen and roll would b pretty sick with Freddy,lowry,siakim..yes he doesn't shoot the 3 that much,but when u start playing in Coach nurse system with more wide open shots.
                          So u probably are reading and thinking,well who do we give up..he does make 27-28 million..he was a all star caliber player..still is..so my thinking..
                          Ibaka,Boucher,Hernadez,Stanlely,1st rd pick..probably this what is gonna take,is it a lot,yes..but think about.
                          Ibaka is not coming back,his gonna get paid,probably will go 2 Detroit,bc of Dwayne Casey loves him..so your loosing him for nothing,Boucher I love the kid,but u gotta entice blue chip 2 get something, hate loosing him,but u can't keep all the players,his a free agent 2 so,someone might give him nice contract,Stanley is a through in..and of course our 1rd pick this year,honestly that's what it take..
                          After u get Drummond,u got some holes fills,u gave away 4 roster spots for one player,so u can go get these guys in buy out root,guys who aren't signed u can pick up,veteran players preferable. I believe raps still have mid level,not sure.
                          Raps weakness is Rebounding and he sure would fix that..

I. Not overly excited about getting an old school center but even so I dont think you get the deal done with those players. They would definitely request that Terrance Davis be in included in any pkge. Which is a no go for me.

Comment

• There are cheaper options available on the trade market than Drummond. Dedmond, Favors, Baynes, all may be available and would cost less. If it would cost Ibaka,a pick and a prospect for a rental, well I rather go for Turner instead.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                              There are cheaper options available on the trade market than Drummond. Dedmond, Favors, Baynes, all may be available and would cost less. If it would cost Ibaka,a pick and a prospect for a rental, well I rather go for Turner instead.
                              Yeah I don't want Drummond. Especially if it involves picks. We gotta start keeping (and using) first round picks sometime, and this is the year imo.

The other players you mentioned would all be better options imo. Either that on roll out Hernandez, our own beta version of Drummond we got brewing in house

Comment

• It would be interesting to see drummond next to an elite playmaking guard. The dude has never really played with anyone good. He would be a great PnR partner for lowry or kemba or someone like that. His defence has always been suspect, but you never know how his competitive spirit might change on a contender and what that could do to his defensive effort. I'm not sure how he fits here, or what the raps would have to give up to get him. Gasol just seems like such an important fulcrum on both ends of the floor and the team really utilizes the PnP with ibaka quite well and it would seem that at least one of those guys would have to go in any drummond trade. Curious that the raps are interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X