Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions and Answers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Can anybody tell me which beats headphones are the best?
    I'm not a big fan of Beats, but love headphones. Cnet recommends Beats Studio Wireless as on of their top pick, while Pcmag does not recommend Beats at all among their highest rated headphones. Headphones Unboxed on the other hand, highly recommends Beats Solo HD.

    As you can see, there is not consensus to which Beats headphones are the best. I'd personally go for the Studio Wireless, but that's just because I enjoy wireless ones, and world rather choice another brand if I wanted true audio quality with corded headphones.

    Comment


    • #32
      the day I spend more than 40 dollars for headphones there will six moons in the sky
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

      Comment


      • #33
        I was so certain you were talking about the current financial trades market.

        Comment


        • #34
          Question:
          When I type http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/ into my browser, I get the page in which the lead story is "How does Bruno Caboclo develop from here?" and the Morning Coffee menu link takes me to "Fri Oct 24." When I go to the RR Facebook page, I can get the "It's here let's ramble" story and all of the stuff I want to read is on the left hand margin...morning coffee, podcast links, columns. Any idea why Raptorsrepublic.com won't get it done?

          Comment


          • #35
            thead wrote: View Post
            the day I spend more than 40 dollars for headphones there will six moons in the sky
            If you're into music in a big way, you're not going to get a very good experience with cheap muffs. If you're into having your stereo loud, like to stay up late watching a movie or fooling around on your PS4 *cough, cough* then you sure as hell need something better than $40 or you're gonna get a headache.

            I am a headphone nut. I have one pair that I spent $200 on for one part of the house and I have another set that supports Dolby 7.1, are wireless and are hooked into my PS4 by way of an optical cable. I only use those there with that system and those weren't cheap either.

            I don't typically touch any media until 10PM once my wife and daughter are sleeping. I love headphones so I disagree, I need them. Eventually I will cough up the coin for a high end pair and those run well above $200.

            Joey wrote: View Post
            Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

            Edit:
            Ha, ha, one of the catchiest songs of the 90's right there.

            Comment


            • #36
              Can I upload a picture that's not a URL, strictly just a picture that was saved to my computer?

              Comment


              • #37
                Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Can I upload a picture that's not a URL, strictly just a picture that was saved to my computer?
                You can't. If you ask admins nicely, they may change settings and allow attachments in the posts

                Comment


                • #38
                  rocwell wrote: View Post
                  You can't. If you ask admins nicely, they may change settings and allow attachments in the posts
                  I found a loophole, sending the pic to yourself on fb allows you to open the pic in a new page which gives it it's own URL. Admins time to bow to your master

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    I found a loophole, sending the pic to yourself on fb allows you to open the pic in a new page which gives it it's own URL. Admins time to bow to your master
                    Hi Bobby.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                      Hi Bobby.
                      Bobby?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Bobby?
                        Bobby Webster?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          Bobby Webster?
                          Ahh because I found a loophole aha I didn't realize who Bobby was for a second

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Can I get a salary capologist to explain this to me?

                            At the risk of sounding like an idiot among my fellow hardcore fans, I'm curious of this; how do we go about getting into the luxury tax?

                            Now, I don't want the team to get into all these penalties and spend blindly ruining the future, but I keep reading how we can't sign anybody if we resign Lou and Amir, or so on. How would it be so impossible when other teams seem to accumulate such talent?

                            How did Brooklyn get so far into the luxury tax (again, I don't at all want to end up over to that extent) when everybody seems to say you are physically not allowed to sign guys if over the cap? And with trading obviously salaries have to be close in line with one another?

                            Thanks
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              At the risk of sounding like an idiot among my fellow hardcore fans, I'm curious of this; how do we go about getting into the luxury tax?

                              Now, I don't want the team to get into all these penalties and spend blindly ruining the future, but I keep reading how we can't sign anybody if we resign Lou and Amir, or so on. How would it be so impossible when other teams seem to accumulate such talent?

                              How did Brooklyn get so far into the luxury tax (again, I don't at all want to end up over to that extent) when everybody seems to say you are physically not allowed to sign guys if over the cap? And with trading obviously salaries have to be close in line with one another?

                              Thanks
                              There are several ways to increase salary, but two big ones. First is trades - with things like trade exceptions, and the ability to bring back 125% of what you send out, if you are sending out enough, you can increase your cap very quickly.

                              Second, and probably more applicable to the Raptors, is raises for current players. For example, if we spend up to the cap this summer by re-signing our own free agents, and use the MLE, we could be about 5-10M clear of the tax. The following summer, we are due to give raises to Ross and JV (and Vasquez and JJ if we want to keep them). Just JV, for example, will probably get a raise from his current <4M to 12M+. Do that for a few guys and you hit the tax quick. Now, the summer after next is actually a different case, since the cap will explode and the tax level will be very high. So we'll probably still be clear of the tax. But that is how you increase salary to that proportion.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Basically, Bird Rights. Simply put, if a player has been with a team for a long period of time, they can go into the tax to resign him. And once a team has bird rights on a player, when they trade him the receiving team gets bird rights, (usually). So, Brooklyn trades for Williams when he was on an affordable contract, and the next summer trades for Johnson and then uses bird rights to get way into the tax with Williams. And they still had their mid-level exception which allowed them to get Teletovic, I think.

                                It's not hard to get into the tax. The problem is keeping a team together in the tax, especially since a lot of the CBA provisions have made it increasingly harder to operate deep in the tax: not only steeper financial penalties, but the barrier of no longer being able to use sign-and-trades to acquire players when a team is in the tax (something big-market teams used to exploit by making small-markets sell their expiring stars for garbage and picks).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X