Kyle Lowry in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry in the Hall of Fame?

It's thrown in very casually here (around 1:40), but something I haven't really seen discussed:

Is Kyle Lowry Hall of Fame bound?

No he wont get in

Comment

If he continues his effectiveness and impact on the game for a few more years, and the Raptors win another Gold Ball next year, guaranteed.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
        No he wont get in
        I dunno, 2 or 3 more good years he should finish with:

15000 pts
        7000 assists
        5x all star

theres only 12 players who have done that, and they're all in the hall of fame or will be

https://www.basketball-reference.com...00&order_by=ws
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

15000 pts
          7000 assists
          5x all star

theres only 12 players who have done that, and they're all in the hall of fame or will be

Damn Keon, your fingerprints are all over the Republics playoff coverage. And spewing common sense wherever you go. You got game.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

15000 pts
            7000 assists
            5x all star

Add in an NBA Championship, and that list narrows even further.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Add in an NBA Championship, and that list narrows even further.
              Keon and Joey tag teaming sanyo. Time for a cage match.

Comment

Yeah I think he should be. He’ll age well, kind of as the Westbrook antithesis, could easily see him being the 3/4th guy on a good playoff team for a while longer if things pan out. Dont know who judges Hall of Fame qualifications but the continuous absurd advanced stats should play a role too.

Comment

with the NBA champonship he pretty much has the same career as chancey billups now. the man he was always compared to and his mentor. That will be the goal post to watch. If billups makes its lowry will to. Unless we win another one then he's a lock.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Basketball-ref has a hall of fame predictor tool. I think it has Lowry at about 65% chance to get in at this point.

Ah, yep, found it.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../hof_prob.html
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      It's thrown in very casually here (around 1:40), but something I haven't really seen discussed:

Is Kyle Lowry Hall of Fame bound?
                      Haven't seen it discussed? I just started the discussion a few hours ago in the Everything Kyle Lowry thread.
                      But hey, I'm down with this.
                      (I know it's been talked about here prior to our ... ahem, CHAMPIONSHIP... (trying that on, still feels good to say, to type, to scream...)

I think Kyle gets in. For all the reasons Keon mentioned, for one thing.

It's interesting that Chauncey hasn't gotten in, and if he doesn't that's not a positive barometer. However, Kyle's situation is somewhat different. As Dwane Casey so thoughtfully and generously put it, Detroit has a decorated history, where we do not. ... Was Chauncey the best point guard in the history of the Pistons? Obviously not.

Kyle is not only the greatest point guard we've ever had (apologies Damon), Kyle is the all time greatest Raptor (I mean, besides Kawhi being an obvious immediate legend.) Kyle is the longest tenured Raptor (now) and holds many of our records and helped deliver the first CHAMPIONSHIP outside of the USA. Yao Ming made it in to the Hall mostly on his international influence and bringing the game to a new global stage. That's a different situation, sure, but hopefully Lowry has a good few years ahead (brings us another CHAMPIONSHIP or two...) ok, ok, don't wanna get ahead of myself here...

May he remain healthy with his conditioning regimen and play several wonderful seasons to come.

I think things are very promising that Lowry could make it in for those combination of reasons.

Comment

He absolutely deserves it, but I don't know. He's been criminally underrated for far too long for me to have faith in the voters to get him in.

Comment

Working...
                        X