Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Fans Therapy Session (This is a safe place....let it all out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, the lowest time for me as a Raptors fan was actually after the playoffs last year. I really thought I needed to step away from being a fan for a while, because it had stopped being fun. There have been lots of times during the end of Carter's time here, and Bosh leaving, and the whole Bargnani era, where I was frustrated or angry or sad as a fan, but never to the point where I felt like I needed to step away from watching, until last spring.

Of course, a few days later Casey gets fired and I think, 'okay, I'll give it this offseason, see if it does anything to turn me around.'

Comment

Therapy session (positive) from Sir Charles ... (didn't know where to put it)

Comment

Isaiah Thomas' wanting Kevin Garnett as Raptors first pick. One wonders how that wouldve worked out.
        ofcourse NBA even screw us back then not allowing one of the first 2 picks.
        For all Thomas' faults he was a pretty good talent evaluator.
        Just when u saw the early years start to become a little brighter The Isaiah Thomas fiasco when he tried & failed to get a greater stake in ownership. The bitterness that ensued. His boy Stoudamire wanting out. Trading him to Portland (one bright spot Alvin Williams) & Kenny Anderson(etc) not wanting to report. But wait trading him got Chancey Billups. Wow what a steal. Whoops next year we trade him for draft picks. What a mess.
        Then there was Butch Carter and his trying to take GGs job as GM & his threatening to sue Marcus Camby during the playoffs. Iyiyiyi.
        Just when u thought the Raptors were going to start to go somewhere.
        But I loved Charles Oakleys toughness he brought. Until he went into the Clippers practice & punched Jeff McIness because he owed him money. Suspension.

Gotta love them Raptors......

Oh gotta love the Raptors.
        Last edited by Tmac2darak; Sat Jun 15, 2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I mean a chip should be the cure to all that ails you. Just let that past shit float away. It's a brand new day. The Raptors are the king of the hill and if Kawhi comes back they're the early favorites to win it all again.

Comment

I'm going to go back and relive all the disappointments anymore. we are champions it was all worth it. case in point I am now so thankful JV missed the put back game 1 vs Cleveland. we might have won that series or even if we lost in 6 or 7 Casey doesn't get fired and we don't gamble on kawhi. it all lead us to this l. it was destiny. a greater story couldn't be written. we got to live the ultimate sports drama in real time. disappointment after disappointment before finally the good guy defeated the villain and stood on top of the world.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

how crazy is it that we won because Curry's shot hit the rim and bounced out? Who are those Raptors?!

Comment

Nah I'm just reliving the past. I thoroughly enjoyed the growth from day 1. Lots of fun. But must admit I'm still in a dream.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  You know, the lowest time for me as a Raptors fan was actually after the playoffs last year. I really thought I needed to step away from being a fan for a while, because it had stopped being fun. There have been lots of times during the end of Carter's time here, and Bosh leaving, and the whole Bargnani era, where I was frustrated or angry or sad as a fan, but never to the point where I felt like I needed to step away from watching, until last spring.

Of course, a few days later Casey gets fired and I think, 'okay, I'll give it this offseason, see if it does anything to turn me around.'
                  I was really done at that point too. But I had serious doubts that DeRozan and/or Lowry would survive the 2018 summer still Raptors.

I'll never forget where I was when I heard we acquired Kawhi Leonard. My passion was back, x10. And the rest is history

All praise to the most high, Masai.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    how crazy is it that we won because Curry's shot hit the rim and bounced out? Who are those Raptors?!
                    Its easy to forget how that danny green brain fart nearly had us preparing for game 7 tomorrow
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      I would say the low point was the whole Rob Babcock era. The whole organization looked hopelessly incompetent. Raps were a total joke to the point that the coaches were being marketed to fans. That was when I almost gave up.
                      Yep it was a low point. Tim Leiweke really saved us and gave us a push, since back prior to 2013 MLSE only cared about the Leafs and no one else.

I hope if Masai gets bored they give him an MLSE pres job, he needs to stay here. I cant trust anyone else to do the job properly in Toronto.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        I would say the low point was the whole Rob Babcock era. The whole organization looked hopelessly incompetent. Raps were a total joke to the point that the coaches were being marketed to fans. That was when I almost gave up.
                        I'm right there with you, slaw. In fact, that's when my online Raptors life started. The official team site, Raptors.com, actually had a fan forum called "Raptorschat", and I joined specifically for the reason to bitch and complain about Babcock and the Carter trade. I was a huuuuge VC fan and I had seasons tickets at the time ...... only because of Vince. For some stupid reason I thought Raptor team official would actually read and listen to the comments that fans posted there. lol. I was wrong, but I ended up loving the tight knit community where you could discuss hoops with the hardcore fans. When Raptorschat shut down, I checked out a few other sites and eventually wound up here at RR.... and the rest is history.

Comment

Nice thread:

For me....

1. Derozan’s iso, tunnel vision, matador defense, no three point range and most especially playoffs duds.

2. Casey iso ball

3. Mr. Dribble Corey

4. “The ship is sinking” - Tmac

5. Babcock - RIP (named by Bleacher Report as one of the 10 worst GMs in NBA history)

6. Richard Peddie - former MLSE President

7. Summer 3s of Amir Johnson

8. Alvin Williams no range

9. Jason Kapono trying to be a slasher

10. I was near courtside and Jamario Moon totally snubbed me for asking an autograph during a pre game shootaround.

11. Nurse small ball rotation

12. Zo Brown thinking he has always the greenlight

13. FVV before Fred Jr.

so many bad memories...

but all water under the bridge.

We are finally Champions !
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Jun 16, 2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X