Everything Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Draft

-All you college ball experts who should we keep an eye on for the raps 59th pick and/or some undrafted players? Is there another FVV hiding somewhere?
    -Outside the consensus top 3 player who are some other lottery players that could turn out to be steals? Eg.Donovan mitchell types?
    -For me i think Jarrett Culver from texas tech has potential to be a really good player.
    Discuss.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Pelicans will be like the 2018 - 19 Sacramento Kings. Lots of great young players. Either D'Andre Hunter or Culver will be their 4th pick unless RJ is still available. Would be quite the story if Zion and RJ line up for Pels.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if RJ Falls to 4

Comment

Philly and Atlanta each have three picks between 33 and 44 in the second round. (In total Philly has 5 picks and Atlanta has 6, and you have to expect that not all those rookies are going to make the roster.)

I would love it if Masai could buy one of those early/mid-2nd rounders and then work his draft magic.

Comment

Daishon Smith at 59 more athletic FVV
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wont find much on him

In 2016-17, Daishon Smith was an afterthought in Wichita State's deep rotation. He ranked ninth in scoring for the Shockers, but he did most of his damage in the first half of the season. By the time the Missouri Valley and NCAA tournaments rolled around, he barely touched the floor, scoring eight points in his final five games.

Thus, when he transferred to Louisiana Monroe, hardly anyone noticed. He was just one of the hundreds switching teams who wasn't expected to amount to much at his new school.

But Smith has been a godsend for the Warhawks, averaging 22.0 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 2.2 steals per game.

The rebounds and steals don't much matter for the stat where he most stands out: offensive box plus/minus. Per Sports Reference, OBPM is "a box score estimate of the offensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team." In other words, how many additional points the team scores in 100 possessions because that player is on the floor.

Duke's Zion Williamson leads the nation with an OBPM of 13.2, but Smith is No. 2 at 10.9—and nobody is particularly close to catching him.

Because of Smith's value added, Louisiana Monroe's offense is way better than usual.

In KenPom history, this program had never ranked higher than 149th in adjusted offensive efficiency, and it was outside the top 250 in 13 of the past 18 seasons. With Smith running the show, though, the Warhawks are 43rd in AdjOE and have the best offense in the Sun Belt by a mile.
            1. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-season#slide4
            Daishon Smith, Louisiana-Monroe

Bryan Kalbrosky✔@BryanKalbrosky
            Source confirms former Wichita State and Louisiana-Monroe guard Daishon Smith (@Humnbled1_) will be repped by Dan Curtin of 3Eye Sports. Smith had the most steals and 2nd-most points in Sun Belt last season. Only ten D1 players scored more PPG on catch-and-shoot opportunities.
            12:57 PM - Jun 5, 2019
            Twitter Ads info and privacy
            See Bryan Kalbrosky's other Tweets

Points Per Game Off Screens: 2.8 PPG (No. 19 overall)

Points Per Possession Off Screens: 1.1 PPP (80th percentile)

The 6-foot-1 guard is one of the best catch-and-shoot options who may be available as undrafted free agents. Smith spoke to Rookie Wire about how he improved after transferring from Wichita State to Louisiana-Monroe.

“I’d definitely say I spent my whole redshirt year working on repetition and shot preparation night after night. I also decided to go back to school a month earlier than the team to continue putting up hundreds of shots from all over the floor focusing on footwork and shooting mechanics. I for sure think this skill set will transfer over to the NBA because teams are looking for shot makers and guys who can spread the floor.”

It worked as he was remarkably accurate on spot-up possessions and off screens.
            https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...off-screens/8/
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 18, 2019, 04:42 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
              I'd be very surprised if RJ Falls to 4
              They have enough Lakers picks to trade up to get him. Having him on board might help keep Zion happy. AD's antics may have impacted the reputation of the club... If their resume hadn't already.

Comment

If you're the Pels and the "Big 3" go in the first three picks, do you trade the #4 pick to Atlanta for 8 and 10 (plus perhaps the right to swap picks in a later year etc) and stockpile more assets, or is there a player just below the Big 3 that you wouldn't take a risk on being selected by #8?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Philly and Atlanta each have three picks between 33 and 44 in the second round. (In total Philly has 5 picks and Atlanta has 6, and you have to expect that not all those rookies are going to make the roster.)

I would love it if Masai could buy one of those early/mid-2nd rounders and then work his draft magic.
                  Absolutely. Looking for the Lakers to try and buy some of those 2nd rounders too

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Daishon Smith at 59 more athletic FVV
                    Daishon Smith couldn't get playing time at Wichita State during a rebuilding year, so I'm skeptical.

Good luck to him, though!

Comment

I like rui hacimura defensive potential. he was ranked as a top 5 pick earlier in the year but slipped as he year went on. don't think he has much of a shot. he seems very similar to OG has an NBA ready body and can play the 3 or 4
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

schmemily wrote: View Post

Daishon Smith couldn't get playing time at Wichita State during a rebuilding year, so I'm skeptical.

Good luck to him, though!
                        He was playing behind Landry Shamet. First year out of JUCO. We all saw just how good Shamet is this year.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I like Matisse Thybulle a lot. Been high on him since his freshman year. Four year guy with solid 3&D potential. Most defensive potential ive seen from a perimeter guy probably ever, granted thats entirely because I dont watch much college ball. Still, dude totally impacts the floor as a defender, uses pength and athleticism real well to get key steals, blocks, deflections etc. Off year from three this year, free throw shooting has alway been there though.

Dont know if Masai could, or should move into the first to get him, but if hes around early to mid second Id try to move in and snag him.

Comment

Anyone know where you can find advanced stats for prospects? Like WS/48

Comment

Can the Raptors pull off a miracle on draft night?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ght-59th-pick/

Comment

Working...
                              X