Everything Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I know Toronto is a different city compared to others in Canada.. but one of the things Canada is known for is their lack of gun violence over all. This puts a little bit of a black eye on that.

Having over 2 million people in one place and not having any violence at all would have been remarkable.. but I would have taken the odd stabbing over gun violence. Okay maybe not. They both suck. Just glad the police caught the guy (heard it might have been two shooters).. and I hope the lady that got hit will survive.

But that really does suck overall.. especially knowing that Kawhi's father died due to a gun shot. If Toronto isn't as safe as San Diego.. than maybe it's a reason that he can scratch off in his pro/con list... and yes, I could be reaching here.

Toronto is a comparitively safe city to most it's size. That makes it far more dangerous than thousands of US cities, so we shouldn't be too smug. On a per capita basis, the province with the highest crime rate for 2017 was Nunavut with 34,948 incidents per 100,000. ... Violent crime was lowest in Prince Edward Island followed by Ontario and Quebec. The three northern territories have higher per capita crime rates than any province.

San Diego (population 1.5M)
    By TERI FIGUEROA,
    MICHELLE GILCHRIST
    MARCH 9, 2019

Eighty-six deaths were counted as homicides in San Diego County in 2018, 13 percent more than the year before. More than half of all victims were shot. The toll does not include other homicides, such as self-defense killings or officer-involved shootings.

Toronto (population 3M)
    Ninety-six people were killed in Toronto this year. The oldest one was 94 years old and the youngest one was three weeks old.

The city experienced a significant spike in gun violence in 2018, with 51 gun-related deaths. Twenty people were killed as a result of a stabbing and two shocking incidents, the North York van attack and mass shooting on the Danforth, claimed the lives of 12 people.

Of those murdered, 75 were males and 21 were females. Forty-six of the victims were under the age of 30, while 10 of them were minors.

Comment

• Gasol for PM

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Really reaching there. Based on 2018 data, San Diego is one of the safest cities in the States, with a gun death rate of only 8 per 100,000 people.

Toronto had a sharp spike in gun violence in 2018, bringing the city's rate up to 0.9 per 100,000 people.
        Safe cities like Toronto, Paris and London have all seen violence spikes over the last 12-36 months. Interesting.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Safe cities like Toronto, Paris and London have all seen violence spikes over the last 12-36 months. Interesting.
          Hmmm wonder why...

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post

Hmmm wonder why...
            You say that like you have an idea...care to share with the class?

Comment

• Torassic1 wrote: View Post

You say that like you have an idea...care to share with the class?
              Trump.

Comment

• was in the middle of the shooting. it was a shit show. made it out ok. hope everyone else did.

Comment

• The Parade was amazing. I got down to the Prince's gates to watch the start... We got there about 9AM and we were about 15 deep at the rail... It was packed Lots of school kids got the day off or just took it as there were a lot families there....as the parade kicked off. Serge was up front in the first bus having the time of his life. FVV and Kyle and Kawhi were on the second bus I think.

The start was about an hour late and when they finally got the buss es with the players through the gates the local media guys stopped the parade to do an interview with Cope and Rogers and Tannenbaum...

I don't think the cops thought the turnout would be as big as it was....

I have some really shitty hand held phone shots.. they aren't worth uploading....
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    was in the middle of the shooting. it was a shit show. made it out ok. hope everyone else did.
                    Fuck man, that’s awful. I’m glad to hear you’re okay
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Lost in all this right prior to devlin's stoppage we had Danny green going all emotional and apologizing for being such a fuck up

danny green didnt handle his liquor lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The parade in eight minutes:

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          The parade in eight minutes:
                          You're on fire this morning Apollo. Going to be bumping into 25,000 posts by draft day

Comment

• I'm going to let you guys close out the 4th quarter. I'm just waiting to get the hook.

Comment

• We're underestimated as usual but LAKERS, seriously?

After pulling the trigger on a blockbuster deal with the New Orleans Pelicans to acquire six-time NBA All-Star Anthony Davis, the Los Angeles Lakers have moved to the top of the odds to win the 2020 NBA championship as +350 favourites.

Winners of a league-leading 60 games this past season, the Milwaukee Bucks sit second at +700 on those NBA odds, ahead of the Houston Rockets at +900, while the Raptors are joined at +1000 by the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                We're underestimated as usual but LAKERS, seriously?

After pulling the trigger on a blockbuster deal with the New Orleans Pelicans to acquire six-time NBA All-Star Anthony Davis, the Los Angeles Lakers have moved to the top of the odds to win the 2020 NBA championship as +350 favourites.

Winners of a league-leading 60 games this past season, the Milwaukee Bucks sit second at +700 on those NBA odds, ahead of the Houston Rockets at +900, while the Raptors are joined at +1000 by the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers.
                                I'm not gonna get too far into Raptors +1000 (great bet btw), what I will say is its jarring to see Golden State rank tied for 5th. The times they are a changin
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X