Everything Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm not gonna get too far into Raptors +1000 (great bet btw), what I will say is its jarring to see Golden State rank tied for 5th. The times they are a changin
    Imagine if Curry gets injured next year too...and they hold Klay out for the entire year. Then Golden State bottoms out and wins the lottery. The following year, they come back with Curry, Klay, KD, Draymond and the #1 overall pick. Yikes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Imagine if Curry gets injured next year too...and they hold Klay out for the entire year. Then Golden State bottoms out and wins the lottery. The following year, they come back with Curry, Klay, KD, Draymond and the #1 overall pick. Yikes.
      Ah, that's called "The Gregg Popo-tank". Classic.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yep:

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Yep:
          Whatever, it was just the warm up for next year with lessons learned....

Comment

• So this years winner of the Jr smith award, formerly the mark Madsen goes to...drum roll.. marc gasol!

congratulations marc. You are awarded 4 tylenol, a Gatorade, and a bunch of big macs

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• First I have seen with details:
                3 men arrested after shootings at Raptors celebration ID'd by police

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ally-1.5180396

Comment

• LOL.. found this on reddit:

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        LOL.. found this on reddit:

Man, dude just keeps the W's coming!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          India: ha, we call that "tuesday"

Comment

• I had the CBC parade feed on in the background as I was working. Probably would have watched anyway, but I found it extra fascinating as I help coordinate an annual parade in my smallish city. The event attracts a crowd of 40–60,000 people, so small potatoes next to Monday's insanity. Still, "my" parade takes weeks to plan and a couple of hundred volunteers plus a large police presence.

On the one hand, obviously the city should have been better prepared. On the other, it is almost impossible to gauge attendance at an unprecedented and free public event. A friend of mine organized an event a few years ago at which they expected around 10,000 people. 200,000 showed up. At some point you just have to muscle through it.

Most of the negative coverage I've seen is from Canadian media. The collective storyline from US-based sports media is about the large attendance, love for the team and what it means for basketball in Canada.

Comment

• schmemily wrote: View Post
                              I had the CBC parade feed on in the background as I was working. Probably would have watched anyway, but I found it extra fascinating as I help coordinate an annual parade in my smallish city. The event attracts a crowd of 40–60,000 people, so small potatoes next to Monday's insanity. Still, "my" parade takes weeks to plan and a couple of hundred volunteers plus a large police presence.

On the one hand, obviously the city should have been better prepared. On the other, it is almost impossible to gauge attendance at an unprecedented and free public event. A friend of mine organized an event a few years ago at which they expected around 10,000 people. 200,000 showed up. At some point you just have to muscle through it.

Most of the negative coverage I've seen is from Canadian media. The collective storyline from US-based sports media is about the large attendance, love for the team and what it means for basketball in Canada.
                              Yeah, I mean the more staffing/police, more barricades, etc. happen anytime attendance is higher than expected, which happens pretty regularly at large open entry outdoor events as you say.

A lot of the local level complaints "It was so crowded" "I needed water" "The portapotties were hard to get to" "We had to wait a long time" - I have never been to a large outdoor event that all these things were not true at. I'm not sure what you're expecting if you go to something that big.

Obviously most in attendance had a great attitude, rolled with the punches, and overall the thing was really positive.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• it sucked for people who went to NPS. Along the route was the most fun.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X