Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off-Season Realistic Expectations / Predictions / probably devolve dream acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Na, there's no reason why anyone would want them. You could easily go after better players in free agency.

In saying that though I'll always keep 3 teams available; Knicks, Kings and Pistons. They're dumb enough to do it.
    It might, but we'd have to take on 10M of bad salary too.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      2Pat is a perfect sixth man.

I also think Amir could be a perfect sixth man.

But can one of them be a starter on a contender?
      Neither of them can ... Amir is not consistent. Look at number of games he just disappeared this season ... He has few good games and then is MIA for next few ... Then it is the foul troubles, He still can not manage them. Look at his performance in the Play off, when we needed him the most, he was sitting on the bench fouled out and also was MIA in 3 games ...

Amir's body can not even handle the starter minute in this league. He is a good 6th man and that is his ceiling.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
        Neither of them can ... Amir is not consistent. Look at number of games he just disappeared this season ... He has few good games and then is MIA for next few ... Then it is the foul troubles, He still can not manage them. Look at his performance in the Play off, when we needed him the most, he was sitting on the bench fouled out and also was MIA in 3 games ...

Amir's body can not even handle the starter minute in this league. He is a good 6th man and that is his ceiling.
        You have an interesting point about his body, I'm not necessarily sure it's true though.

Also, most championship teams don't have 5 starters that contribute offensively night in, night out. Amir is a solid starter, he's not an all star, but he's a solid starter.
        "Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Do you guys think Salmons + Handsbro could get us a late 1st rounder this year?
          If Masai has first-hand information that could destroy the life of the other GM, then yes, probably.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Do you guys think Salmons + Handsbro could get us a late 1st rounder this year?
            Depends on team

If a team is looking to dump $10m in salary, then, likely.

But you're not getting a first round pick from any team because they actually want those players.
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat May 10, 2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              If Masai has first-hand information that could destroy the life of the other GM, then yes, probably.
              I think his information would have to also threaten the wife and any kids to generate a late first round with Salmons and Handsbro.

Comment

I hope we keep Vasquez and 2Pat for reasonable contracts. Vasquez is pretty much Jose on both ends of the floor, but his size makes up for it a very little bit on D. He's the playmaker off the bench that we've lacked after we traded Jose. Plus, also due to his size as well as his playing style, he could play alongside Lowry if the team plays small.

2pat is a decent stretch 4, but I don't think he's a starting caliber 4. He looks undersized and he gets bullied inside by real power forwards like Boozer, Taj Gibson, David West, ZBo, etc.

Anyone know how long did Masai give this core to actually be contenders? Is the time-frame realistic? As he always mentioned, this team can't be stuck on no man's land. If we were going all-in next season or if it's 2K, I would go after Greg Monroe or Pau Gasol to add to the wish list of targets, along with of course Lowry, Greivis, and VC. Probably would let 2Pat go coz Pau and Monroe are 4's. Then add a backup, benchwarming legit 7 footer for depth (Aaron Grey or Hadadi LOL).

Starting 5:
                Lowry
                Demar
                Ross
                Monroe/Pau
                Jonas

Bench:
                Amir
                Greivis
                VC
                Tyler
                Draft pick
                Landry
                Novak

Bench warmers/Reserve/Cheerleaders:
                Backup 7 footer
                Chuck Hayes
                Draft picks (2nd rounders???)/Buycks/Stone

*Side note: Is there any chance of the Raps acquiring their own D League Team, which could serve as their legit farm team? Preferably a team that is closer to Toronto (like Buffalo)??? Coz i think the current D league team affiliated with the Raps is in Cali or Vegas and is shared with other teams if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

How can we pry Greg Monroe from the Pistons without trading any of our core players. I think Monroe fits well at the PF for the Raptors. Our priority in the summer is to acquire a starting star-calibre PF and not Vince Carter.

Comment

If anyone remembers Sonny weems? He disappeared after the lockout and I think he could come in as an assurance 3rd winger. He's still only 27 and has a good relationship with demar and amir. We can probably get him on a minimum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by rapfan10; Sun May 11, 2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                      How can we pry Greg Monroe from the Pistons without trading any of our core players. I think Monroe fits well at the PF for the Raptors. Our priority in the summer is to acquire a starting star-calibre PF and not Vince Carter.
                      Toronto trades : John salmons, chuck Hayes, Steve Novak

Detroit trades : Greg Monroe, 2014 1st (after they make it) , 2015 first and 2017 first. Plus they agree to rest all their starters every time they play us.
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        He is a RFA... So if pistons do not want to keep him, we can sign him to a offer sheet and the pistons would not match the contract we offer him. But if they do decide to keep him, then they will just sign him or match our offer sheet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Never in a million years.
                          Yeah, I can't think of anyone who would want a guy that ranks in the top three on the Raptors in WS/48, TR%, ORtg, and TRB per 36.

Comment

• Not for a first rounder in this years draft they're not.....

It's cool that Tyler has such a loyal fan though!

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, I can't think of anyone who would want a guy that ranks in the top three on the Raptors in WS/48, TR%, ORtg, and TRB per 36.
                              tyler hansbrough?

maybe its the north Carolina bias but tyler didnt really play this year. I dont see anyone offering a first round pick for him
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                                I think if anything, this shows the flaws in WS and ORtg stats.

THans is a good rebounder though.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X