Stats guy gives John Salmons an award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats guy gives John Salmons an award

For years stats-inclined Raptors fans have had to mutter over Andrea Bargnani, who year after year stood out as one of the (statistically) worst players in the NBA.

So we traded Andrea this year. Time for the end of the Raptors star turns in the anti-MVPs? No!

Thanks to this year's anti-MVP, John Salmons. He won for the player with the lowest FG% in >300 attempts, with 36.7%. The Raptors dominance goes on!!
    http://www.hickory-high.com/2014-nba-anti-awards/

Amir got beat out by Jason Thompson by mere points for the Shawn Kemp award for most Foul Outs.

Comment

We better not waive this stud.

Comment

OP didn't even mention the award Salmons won was the Darrick Martin award! One of our own even!

Comment

OP also didn't mention that Steve Novak won the Matt Bullard award for a player 6'10" or taller with the fewest Rebounds.

And Rudy's horrible play here garnered him an award as well ... this is getting bad.

Comment

And they've renamed the award for the player who provides the least overall production the Andrea Bargnani Award.

Comment

Lol, all these records...
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

True, I missed just how much the Raptors dominated.

I figured awards like the most foul-outs (where both Amir and Lowry were honorable mentions), while nice to laugh over, didn't really impact the bottom line of winning (or losing) basketball games to the degree that Salmons' horrendous shooting did.

And yes, the Raptors (Gay was a Raptor when he won) won 3 of the 9 NBA anti-awards last year ... and Kyle and Amir were runner-ups for a fourth.
                Last edited by Kuh; Fri May 9, 2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Someone should show this to DC LMAO

And then DC needs to explain why he played him without using the word Veteran!
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Someone should show this to DC LMAO

And then DC needs to explain why he played him without using the word Veteran!
                    in short, 38.8% on three pointers

edit: and literally no better option
                    Last edited by stooley; Fri May 9, 2014, 07:58 PM.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                      For years stats-inclined Raptors fans have had to mutter over Andrea Bargnani, who year after year stood out as one of the (statistically) worst players in the NBA.

So we traded Andrea this year. Time for the end of the Raptors star turns in the anti-MVPs? No!

Thanks to this year's anti-MVP, John Salmons. He won for the player with the lowest FG% in >300 attempts, with 36.7%. The Raptors dominance goes on!!
                      http://www.hickory-high.com/2014-nba-anti-awards/
                      Somebody please tell me how Landry Fields is a bigger liability on offense than Salmons.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                        Somebody please tell me how Landry Fields is a bigger liability on offense than Salmons.
                        in short, 38.8% on 3 pointers
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think he's less of a liability. Defenders sag off both of them because they know they won't score. The difference is Fields doesn't jack up a miss every time a defender sags off, he usually looks for a pass. Salmons can't wait to jack up a miss when a defender gives him space.

I think this is the last post I will ever make regarding Salmons. The guy is basically off the team at this point (no way he comes back). Talking about him is like talking about Bargs. Puts me in a bad mood.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                            in short, 38.8% on 3 pointers
                            There's more to offense than shooting.

Primer wrote: View Post
                            I think he's less of a liability. Defenders sag off both of them because they know they won't score. The difference is Fields doesn't jack up a miss every time a defender sags off, he usually looks for a pass. Salmons can't wait to jack up a miss when a defender gives him space.
                            Exactly. The offense still flows when the ball goes into Fields' hands. And he's great at getting open under the basket.

Salmons doesn't do anything. He's a waste of space on the court. And to say that he's a veteran is a joke too. Being a volume shooter your whole career doesn't amount to any useful experience. So glad this guy will be gone next year.
                            Last edited by nubreed000; Fri May 9, 2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

There's more to offense than shooting.

Exactly. The offense still flows when the ball goes into Fields' hands. And he's great at getting open under the basket.

Salmons doesn't do anything. He's a waste of space on the court. And to say that he's a veteran is a joke too. Being a volume shooter your whole career doesn't amount to any useful experience. So glad this guy will be gone next year.
                              Guys, he's not good, but you might be blowing this up a little bit.

And nubreed, that was a strange turnaround for your opinion on shooting percentages, since you literally just referenced his low overall percentage, pointing to his poor offense with literally nothing else to say.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X