Stats guy gives John Salmons an award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    I love how you're defending the guy who just won the "worst shooter of the year" award. Pick your battles man....
    Not really in to defending Salmons, just providing a more accurate picture for anyone else reading.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The funny part is the same posters who can't stand Salmons are the same posters screaming for Landry Fields...lol

Salmons got more playing time because Landry Fields is also a scrub who could barely hit a shot outside the paint. Fields is so useless from +16 feet that teams wouldn't even try to guard him.

I honestly hope they're both gone by the time next season comes around. Don't blame Casey....his GMs need to give him better/healthier players to work with. Salmons was just the lesser of the two scrubs (at this point in their careers).

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
        I was just thinking about a former raptor: sonny seems

Anybody want this guy? We could probably get him on a minimum??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        Weems, not Seems. And all I remember about him is that he had a very similar play style to DeRozan (some people even said he had better potential and we should value him over DeRozan) and he hit a big 3 against the Magic in one game. He was like Joey Graham 2.0.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
          Weems, not Seems. And all I remember about him is that he had a very similar play style to DeRozan (some people even said he had better potential and we should value him over DeRozan) and he hit a big 3 against the Magic in one game. He was like Joey Graham 2.0.
          My bad. The autocorrect on my phone does not know weems, so it changed it to seems.

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
            My bad. The autocorrect on my phone does not know weems, so it changed it to seems.

It weems your autocorrect isn't very good

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              It weems your autocorrect isn't very good
              Damn it, I was gonna say that.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                Damn it, I was gonna say that.
                Wow humor you can only see on rr boards
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Wow humor you can only see on rr boards
                  A good pun is welcome everywhere.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Salmons was honestly the worst player I have seen seen wear the Toronto jersey and get big minutes
                    amen..what a disappointment

Comment

MU was basically saying in a radio show that Salmons and Hayes both brought something really positive to the locker room. Salmons was a huge disappointment on the court but a part of the reason why they got to 48 wins and had a fairly dominant second half was because of team chemistry.

Personally I don't think he should be back.. $6M is a lot of coin to keep around for team happiness. But I do think he had a positive impact on this team even if it wasn't on the court.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        MU was basically saying in a radio show that Salmons and Hayes both brought something really positive to the locker room. Salmons was a huge disappointment on the court but a part of the reason why they got to 48 wins and had a fairly dominant second half was because of team chemistry.

Personally I don't think he should be back.. $6M is a lot of coin to keep around for team happiness. But I do think he had a positive impact on this team even if it wasn't on the court.
                        If he had a good impact on the team MU would probably keep him on a minimum deal, but those millions are waaaay too much.

Comment

If he had a good impact on the team MU would probably keep him on a minimum deal, but those millions are waaaay too much.
                          If Salmons is back he's worth $7M. If he is waived than he's worth $1M but can't play for the Raptors for a full year I believe.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            If Salmons is back he's worth $7M. If he is waived than he's worth $1M but can't play for the Raptors for a full year I believe.
                            Maybe we could bring him back in a year or two on a minimum deal if it helps chemistry. Pretty sure he could be one of the best 15th men in the league.

Comment

Maybe we could bring him back in a year or two on a minimum deal if it helps chemistry. Pretty sure he could be one of the best 15th men in the league.
                              I wouldn't mind that.. although he's 34, turning 35 in December. Not sure if his next contract will be his last (assuming he signs for more than a 1 year term with someone).

Comment

Working...
                              X