Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry or Vasquez ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lowry or Vasquez ???

    Just wondering who you think is the better signing? I know Lowry is better but he will also cost 6-8 million more per year. With the difference we could use our cap space and sign a Monroe.

    I really hope they both comeback but I was wondering who has the most value as per the expected contract.

  • #2
    This team needs to resign Lowry no matter what. ( if $$ is reasonable ) He's vital to moving forward.

    By the way... I've had a dream last night that Lakers drafted Wiggins and signed Lowry to $48M contract. Good thing.. my dreams never come true

    Comment


    • #3
      rocwell wrote: View Post
      This team needs to resign Lowry no matter what. ( if $$ is reasonable ) He's vital to moving forward.

      By the way... I've had a dream last night that Lakers drafted Wiggins and signed Lowry to $48M contract. Good thing.. my dreams never come true
      if that happened, i think everybody on this board would have a heat attack. Lets pray your dream doesn't come true
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

      Comment


      • #4
        rocwell wrote: View Post
        By the way... I've had a dream last night that Lakers drafted Wiggins and signed Lowry to $48M contract. Good thing.. my dreams never come true
        If that is whats offered, the Raps would match. So it'll be that either Lowry chooses to take less to play in LA, or that LA blew him away with a massive deal.

        As for the OP, I think El Grande is great in his current role. Need Lowry back.
        Last edited by Joey; Mon May 12, 2014, 09:00 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          We need both.

          Lowry is the leader, we need him.

          Greasy is an above average backup point guard, and is perfectly capable of leading the 2nd unit, playing with Lowry and hitting big shots.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll say yes to both. However, if Lowry is too pricey I am fine with Vasquez and De Colo.

              Comment


              • #8
                Greivis is more than just an above average backup PG. He might be one of the best in the league after Reggie Jackson (I'm not gonna count Bledsoe, cause he's not really backing up).

                I really couldn't have asked for more than what he gave us. He came in cold and it took him a couple of months to get there, but he was awesome towards the end of the season. His ability to play the 1 or 2 and his ability to be a scorer or a distributor is invaluable I think.

                His defensive issues weren't as severe as with Calderon either. Greasy is tall so he can sag off a little bit and still be able to contest shots, which him helps stay with his man on drives, or at the very least stay on his hip.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

                -Superjudge, 7/23

                Hope you're wrong.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I feel that Lowry and Kobe would be a bad mix on the Lakers. Two headstrong guys that need to have the ball in their hands to be effective.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    YoungGuns wrote: View Post
                    Just wondering who you think is the better signing? I know Lowry is better but he will also cost 6-8 million more per year. With the difference we could use our cap space and sign a Monroe.

                    I really hope they both comeback but I was wondering who has the most value as per the expected contract.
                    I don't think this is even a question...Lowry is a must sign no matter what...not only is he our team's MVP, heart, soul & leader but the last thing this franchise needs publicly is another T.O star leaving in free agency to get booed every time he touches the ball in his homecoming.
                    I do think that landing a 24 yr old beast in Monroe as the new starting PF fits this team & instantly puts up into contender status in the East but that only has a chance of happening if we re-sign Lowry. Lowry/Monroe means we have enough talent to let PP & Vasquez walk and even let Amir go and surround the core of DD, Lowry, JV & Monroe* with players that don't take a lot of cap space. Keep in mind we'll be saving a lot of cap space with Salmons contracts buyout clause & TH option...and even more cap should Monroe sign and Amir's contract gets optioned/traded. So re-siging Lowry, Vasquez & still going after Monroe is quite possible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      stretch wrote: View Post
                      I feel that Lowry and Kobe would be a bad mix on the Lakers. Two headstrong guys that need to have the ball in their hands to be effective.
                      I agree, plus the Lakers have a good PG of the future in Marshall...im hoping because of that they won't go too hard after Lowry because a bidding war with Kobe & the Lake show is not good for us.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        RepTdot wrote: View Post
                        I agree, plus the Lakers have a good PG of the future in Marshall...im hoping because of that they won't go too hard after Lowry because a bidding war with Kobe & the Lake show is not good for us.
                        Also if they draft a PG in the early lottery they would not need him.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          I'll say yes to both. However, if Lowry is too pricey I am fine with Vasquez and De Colo.
                          I'm personally quite high on Vasquez and De Colo, especially as #2 and #3 PGs.

                          However, if I had been asleep for the past season and woke up to discover that the Raptors top 2 PGs for the 2014-15 season were going to be Vasquez and De Colo, my response would be: "Fantastic! So where exactly in the top-5 are the Raps picking in the 2014 draft?" Then I'd bang my head several times against the side of my tank, in an effort to sleep through another season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lol, and if Vasquez got injured it would be De Colo starting and Bikes backing him up.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Took me quite a while to warm to Vasquez, but once he got settled he really did play some inspired basketball for us and I'd be very happy if he remained with the team, which he probably will anyways.

                              Ugh Monroe

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X