Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    Seeing the Lakers dominate W. Canada is not that surprising btw. I live in Vancouver and i know there's a lot of Lakers fans here. Heck, i like the Lakers, they're like my 2nd team. They've been a successful franchise for years. They have the greatest player of this generation in Kobe. And they have Steve Nash who's a BC boy.

If there's a team that i want to see win the lottery(Wiggins) it's the Lakers. I don't want to see Wiggins in our division.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Wow canada is just a country of bandwagons. They like the raptors But the next favorite is lakers and lebron James in every city.

When we win 55 games next year, I hope some of those heat and lakers wtf fans to hopefully hop onto rap nation!
    Bandwagon city? BANDWAGON COUNTRY!

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    Wow canada is just a country of bandwagons. They like the raptors But the next favorite is lakers and lebron James in every city.

When we win 55 games next year, I hope some of those heat and lakers wtf fans to hopefully hop onto rap nation!

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    This is really cool. Makes sense too because I'm on the east coast of pei and I'm a raptors fan but all my family is Celtics fans. Wonder how that developed.

Leave a comment:

• IROR
    replied
    Cool find, amazing to see how far reaching the raps fan base is. Disappointed, but not surprised that Ottawa is the only major centre in Ontario that doesn't have a majority of raps fans (even more happy to have left that sleepy little town).

I wonder how accurate this is? I'm assuming the researcher's data is based on Facebook likes.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    I live in Winnipeg and me and my friends have made the 8 hour drive a couple times to go see the Raps in Minni. There were crazy amount of Raptor fans in the stands this year! The good part about Winnipeg is there is a very large Filipino population and they treat basketball like a religion. So many Laker fans though!

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    Look at all those dirty Frenchy traitors. Raps didn't even make their top 3.
    When the hell are we gonna kick them out of Canada already.
    I'm french, so fuck off.

Merci.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    In my area (Little Burgandy) there's a lot.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    I guess I'm not living in the balling neighborhood.

I honestly don't have a second favorite team. I have teams that I prefer to cheer for more than others but in the end I just like to see games come down to the wire so during the course of a game between any two teams not named the Raptors I pull for whoever is losing.

I agree with that, I usually root for the team playing against the one I dislike or the underdog (used to that as a raptor fan).

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    fanchie wrote: View Post
    my wettest dream ? Sign kd in 2016, win the bet in 2017 and have him hit the streets with a durant raptors jersey on...
    lol!

Leave a comment:

• Fanchie
    replied
    I honestly don't have a second favorite team. I have teams that I prefer to cheer for more than others but in the end I just like to see games come down to the wire so during the course of a game between any two teams not named the Raptors I pull for whoever is losing.

Well I took a bet back in 1996 with a friend of mine who was a huge Sonics fan that said that whoever's team would get a ring first would force the loser into spending a full week wearing the winner's jersey EVERYWHERE (home, work, downtown, everywhere).

For a long time, we were both safe, cheering for losers. Then came Durant, and since then, I've been a massive anti-OKC fan come postseason. Whoever plays them has my unconditionnal support.

This is very painful, cause it basically means that in addition to that, I also have to cheer for the Heat in case OKC reaches the Finals, cause I don't see any other Eastern team able to take them down. And believe me, it sucks to cheer for the Heat...

But the minute the Thunder is out, oh boy, I haaaaate the Heat.

My wettest dream ? Sign KD in 2016, win the bet in 2017 and have him hit the streets with a Durant Raptors jersey on...

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    It's interesting to compare this map to the baseball one. Baseball fans seem to have much stronger geographical ties. Lots of regional teams that control huge areas.

I would be very curious to see a soccer map. I wonder if local MLS teams break through Euro teams, or would the whole US and Canada be just Barcelona, Manchester United, Arsenal and Real.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Fuck, I quoted the wrong post lol

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Lmao, as a montrealer, there is so few media coverage to anything beside the NHL and the Canadiens that it makes any interest in any other sports a marginal interest. The remaining sports coverage (about 10%) is split between soccer, CFL and NFL.

The only people I know who are basketball fans were basketball players. And the Lakers/heat/Celtics connection is more related to in-store merchandise then basketball interest.

Really? Where are they at.
    In my area (Little Burgandy) there's a lot.

Leave a comment:

replied
    BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Me too.

Phoenix
    Golden State
    Memphis

Come playoff time when all my other teams are gone, I'm on the Spurs bandwagon. Huge respect.
    Lol, I'm also riding on the Spurs wagon, always do in the playoffs.

My team B was Houston.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X