Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    6'9 center though? terrible lol
    In todays game being 6'9 means you can play all 5 positions.

Comment

UM's Dewan Huell accused of attacking man found in ex-girlfriend's dorm room

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

59th pick and already 2 pages?! Lol Welcome to the Raptors forum!

Comment

Comment

I dunno. Looks like the kid got screwed. Compared to what others have done, the kid missed a season & a half?

I'm calling another steal by Masai.

Comment

For those who haven't drilled down yet on the salacious headlines, what I found in reading further was:
              1) Dewan found a guy hiding in his (ex-)girlfriend's dorm room closet, and dragged that guy out of the room and pushed him into the hall, which apparently resulted in the victim being 'scratched'. That's the 'attack'. We can still argue over whether he should have done that. And let's be clear on what he did.
              2) Dewan was suspended for 18 months from college from accepting a free hotel room (valued at $500) from an agent. That's how he was 'caught up in the scandal'.

Comment

In spite of missing the entire 2018-19 Miami basketball season, Dewan Hernandezwas one of a select group of college and international basketball players invited to participate at the NBA Combine in Chicago in May. Hernandez has since worked out for a handful of NBA teams ahead of the draft.

Hernandez was slated to be one half of the cornerstone of the Miami basketball team in 2018-19. Hours before the Hurricanes season opener last November Hernandez was declared indefinitely ineligible. It was not until February that Hernandez was given a suspension that would keep him out for the rest of 2019.

Hernandez’s NBA Draft stock has been rising since his performance at the NBA Combine. He had to earn his way into the combine after initially performing in the NBA G-league combine. Hernandez’s performance at the G-league combine was exceptional. That earned him a place in the NBA Combine.

Hernandez’s measurements and performance were among the best in Chicago. Canes Warning highlighted his combine stats last month.

Dewan Hernandez combine measurements:
                • BODY FAT % 6.10% (Third Lowest among centers)
                • HAND LENGTH (INCHES) 9.50 (second)
                • HAND WIDTH (INCHES) 10.25 (third)
                • HEIGHT W/O SHOES 6′ 9” (sixth)
                • HEIGHT W/ SHOES 6′ 10.25” (sixth)
                • STANDING REACH 8′ 11” (eighth, last)
                • WEIGHT (LBS) 232.8 (fifth)
                • WINGSPAN 7′ 1.75”(eighth)

Hernandez Strength and Agility Drills:
                • LANE AGILITY TIME (SECONDS) 11.46 (5th among centers)
                • SHUTTLE RUN (SECONDS) 3.25 (second)
                • THREE-QUARTER SPRINT (SECONDS) 3.30 (second)
                • STANDING VERTICAL LEAP (INCHES) 30.5 (second)
                • MAX VERTICAL LEAP (INCHES) 35.5 (second)

Hernandez has worked out for several teams ahead of Thursday night’s NBA Draft. The Orlando Magic, Philadelphia 76ers, New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns have all brought Hernandez in. He was reportedly a standout in Philadelphia.
                https://caneswarning.com/2019/06/19/...-second-round/

Sixers senior vice president of player personnel Marc Eversley said Hernandez and potential first-round pick Luka Samanic, a forward from Croatia, were impressive in the workout.

“Hernandez, on the defensive end, was pretty effective,” Eversley said. “He has great timing, is a terrific athlete, is real bouncy; he has great length.”
                https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/phil...-20190613.html

Masai scooped up a guy who likely would have been drafted much higher if not for missing last season.

Comment

His path to draft night has been a unique journey into a professional basketball career — from his arrival as a stellar recruit to the NCAA’s handling of his eligibility in what became his final college season.

Hernandez was a McDonald’s All-American out of Miami Norland when he joined UM in 2016. He showed steady improvement as a sophomore with the Hurricanes when he got up to averaging 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds, but then he was suspended for his entire junior season for dealings with an agent. It led him, in January, to declare for the draft.

“It was tough, basically, to go through, but everything happens for a reason,” Hernandez told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. “I didn’t dwell on it, moved past it. I stayed positive.”
                  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...zam-story.html

Miami Hurricanes forward Dewan Hernandez’s college career is over.

Not long Monday after the NCAA said it had suspended Hernandez for the remainder of the season and 40 percent of next season because of the junior’s dealings with an agent, Hernandez took to social media to announce he would not appeal the NCAA’s decision, but instead, withdraw from Miami and begin preparing for the 2019 NBA draft.

“I was advised of the NCAA’s decision about my eligibility and am very disappointed with the outcome. I do not believe that the NCAA treated me fairly and it is with a heavy heart that I have decided to withdraw from the University of Miami to prepare for the 2019 NBA Draft,” Hernandez said in a statement he posted on Twitter. “I want to thank the University of Miami, coach [Jim] Larrañaga, [assistant coach Chris] Caputo, the coaching staff and the athletic department for all that they have done for me and for their unwavering support.

“I also want to thank all the fans that have supported me throughout my career and during this difficult process. Lastly, I want to thank my teammates. The relationships I have built with you guys over the last three years are irreplaceable. I grew up in Miami and always dreamt of being a Miami Hurricane. I take great pride in having been a part of The U.”

His statement continued, “While I am saddened by the NCAA’s decision, I look forward to starting the next chapter of my life and focusing my energy on preparing to compete at the next level.”

And that ordeal shifted Hernandez’s focus following the NCAA’s final decision, which also would’ve kept him out of 40 percent of his senior season had he returned to Coral Gables. The plan converted to becoming the best pro prospect he could turn into as a rangy 6-foot-11 player.

“I just wanted to get better all around. Everything — shooting, dribbling, post game, face-up, everything,” said Hernandez, who participated in the NBA draft combine in Chicago last month. “I’m a much better shooter.”

The outside shot is something Hernandez felt was blossoming in his game after previously testing the pre-draft waters following his sophomore year but opting to return to UM. He was excited to put it on display during a junior collegiate season, but it never happened as he was initially held out of games as a precaution before the NCAA pulled the plug on his junior season, saying in a statement, “Hernandez agreed to receive monthly payments from an agent and accepted other benefits from the individual.”

Hernandez said he has developed a go-to move, which he wouldn’t reveal.

“When you see me play, next time you see me play, you’ll realize what my go-to move is,” he said.
                  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...128-story.html

This wasn't the typical throw away 2nd round pick the Raptors used to get before Masai.

Comment

Was hoping for Dort or Porter with this pick, but also I've done barely any research this year, and as ever, when looking after the fact, Masai's picks always seem to have a good deal of upside to them. Same here - better a mystery box at 59th than a guy who definitely should be a late 2nd round pick. Interested to see what his game looks like, something to look forward to in summer league.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Raptors sure love guys who's names start with "De" eh?

DeMar DeRoan
                      DeMarre Carroll
                      Delon Wright
                      DeAndre Daniels

... and now Dewan Hernandez.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

DeMar DeRoan
                        DeMarre Carroll
                        Delon Wright
                        DeAndre Daniels

Still got some work to do to catch up to the Williams family: Aaron, Alvin, Eric, Herb, Jerome, Lou, Michael, and Walt. Special shout out to Corliss Williamson, who almost made it but not quite.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

In retrospect this is the point of the draft where you make your Bruno picks.

Comment

Raps needed some big bodies in the pipeline with Gasol and Ibaka both aging. I have every confidence in Raps developmental system. If any organization can turn him into a pro it is Toronto.

Comment

DeMar DeRoan
                              DeMarre Carroll
                              Delon Wright
                              DeAndre Daniels

A DeLuge.

Comment

DeMar DeRoan
                                DeMarre Carroll
                                Delon Wright
                                DeAndre Daniels

DeRozan with the rare Double De

That's why we loved him twice as much
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X