• Show
Clear All

Comment

wow we drafted a young KG let's go!
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        wow we drafted a young KG let's go!
        Let's not get carried away calling him the next Kiwane Garris. Come on guys.

Comment

I guess Masai and the rest of the front office have liked what they've seen so far. This means that - barring trades or any cuts - we've got our fifteen man roster for next season

Lowry/FVV/Davis
          Powell/Thomas/McCaw
          OG/Johnson/Miller
          Siakam/Hollis-Jefferson/Hernandez
          Gasol/Ibaka/Boucher

Plus we've still got Jordan "Random Guy in a Suit" Loyd as a two-way, and one more open two-way spot
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Boucher is way more of a PF than Hernandez at this point, but man I really love that roster^.

Comment

Not expecting much he plays small and is weak , his doesn’t have great Coordination and lacks quickness

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                Not expecting much he plays small and is weak , his doesn’t have great Coordination and lacks quickness
                Hernandez? I didn't see that in the Summer league games. Maybe you're talking about Boucher. I don't think he plays weak. He IS weak. :-)
                Last edited by Puffer; Sat Jul 13, 2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Here's the assessment from Dan Tolzman, assistant GM. “Going from college a year ago to pro basketball and a lot of NBA-level players, it’s gonna be a pretty steep adjustment for him early. But I think once he gets his wind, he’s a guy that plays with a lot of energy, he has a nice toughness about him, he really attacks the boards hard, and he can step out and hit shots, too. For a player his size, he’s got a lot of mobility and he’s a very opportune, impact sort of guy. He never really stops on either side of the floor and just quietly does his job. It should be fun to see what he can do.”

From the same article in The Athletic, "Once his awareness caught up with his motor on the glass and his mobility in the open floor, production followed. Hernandez had a 16-and-11 double-double in the team’s third game, scored 18 points in their fourth and scored 15 with three assists in the finale. All told, he averaged 12.8 points, seven rebounds and 1.8 assists to one turnover."

Comment

More on Hernandez playing with the Raptors. Hernandez told Blake Murphy "It felt great after the fourth game. Fifth game, that’s when it started, ‘Ah, do I got it?’” he joked. “I feel like I got better each game, I learned a lot from each game. It was a great experience coming out here competing against these guys and playing with my team, playing within the system. … I talked to a lot of NBA guys, the young guys in the league and some veterans, and they said the Toronto Raptors have the best player development in the league. I’m very excited to be in the hands of the Toronto Raptors.”

Comment

Just like Davis, and Boucher he needs to work on his body. If he put in the work he sound be able to contribute. He has good hands, good footwork, a nice touch around the rim. Just needs to get stronger, work on his outside jump shot and play the game more. To be honest, I see some Al Horford in him.

Comment

How about Richard Solomon ?
                        I understand that he is 27.

Comment

I have a feeling Hernandez is going to be one of those guys that plays 10-13 years in the league as a backup big. I saw nothing exceptional while watching him play but he seemed to do many things well.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Good Competition with all the guys..there pretty close to 15 players or more,could be wrong,feels like they've signed 4..5 guys already,it's all good.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              I have a feeling Hernandez is going to be one of those guys that plays 10-13 years in the league as a backup big. I saw nothing exceptional while watching him play but he seemed to do many things well.
                              That would be a great career
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                He got picked 59th, so I'd be completely okay with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X