No announcement yet.

Everything Sagaba Konate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be real, he's basically a rich mans Zion Williamson. Better in every way, really - just as explosive, slightly taller, not as fat, and as I pointed out in the previous page, better shooter than Larry Bird.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 16, 2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Let's be real, he's basically a rich mans Zion Williamson. Better in every way, really - just as explosive, slightly taller, not as fat, and as I pointed out in the previous page, better shooter than Larry Bird.
      Dunks like Zion
      Shoots like Larry
      Defends like Big Ben

Basically the greatest player of all time is coming
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

But Zion is nothing more than a more athletic version of Julius Randle.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Had a (day) dream of a lineup of Lowry-Thomas-Siakam-Konate-Gasol, everyone bombing 3's from everywhere, brilliant alley-oops, dirty slashes to the rim, disrespectful transition dunks, blocks, spin moves & behind-the-backs....ahhh the summer.....

Comment

Well, lemme say this; people are losing their minds that Leonard left, but as long as guys like this pan out and play hard, Toronto is still a contender. I like it.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yo he's splashing those threes. Bulky Porzingis let's go
              He looks slow.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Dunks like Zion
                Shoots like Larry Ray Allen
                Defends like Big Ben

Basically the greatest player of all time is coming
                Cross racial player comp not allowed.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

He looks slow.
                  Lateral, yes. But I don't recall seeing many guys who can consistenly go up for a block with 2 hands and then have the body control to adjust in mid-air and still get a highlight reel stuff. That's some unique kind of athleticism. Just hope he doesn't blow a knee out.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Had a (day) dream of a lineup of Lowry-Thomas-Siakam-Konate-Gasol, everyone bombing 3's from everywhere, brilliant alley-oops, dirty slashes to the rim, disrespectful transition dunks, blocks, spin moves & behind-the-backs....ahhh the summer.....
                    I feel like we’re definitely going to see Siakam playing a few minutes at SF somewhat regularly, depending on how the rest of the frontcourt rotation lines up
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Toronto is a gritty city. You can't live here without some tenacity. The winter's are not great, the cost of living is crazy, the housing market is nuts, traffic sucks, gun violence is up there for a Canadian city. Other than being a big city, and all the "glamour" that comes with that; there isn't much other than being on a great lake geography wise (ie no ocean, or mountains). You got to want to be here. You put on your hard hat, put on your big girl or boy pants on and hustle.

That's why guys like this should thrive, by fans perspective, in this city.

I wish him all the best. A bruiser that can shoot should do well in todays NBA.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

I hope he makes the roster, at least on the 2-way. In summary, this is what is known about this guy:

--Built like tank (basically Boucher's polar opposite in that regard). He's 6'8" 250lb (used to be 260). For reference OG (who's also an ox), is 6'8" 230lb, and Pascal is 6'9" 230
                        --Extra weight hasn't undermined his explosiveness around the rim, goes for dunks and lobs with ease
                        --Extremely well developed timing around the rim already. One of the best shot-blockers in college last year (if not the best), but also excellent timing on the offensive end as well
                        --Only started playing in 2014, but he's only 22
                        --Not afraid to put the ball on the floor and attack a close-out
                        --Not afraid to shoot at all, will launch from 3 and midrange with confidence. Shot 81% from the free throw line, and 39% from the college 3pt line, which are healthy indicators of good shooting potential in the NBA.

I hope he has a path similar to Fred and Norm. They went from undrafted/2nd rounder to rotation players after simmering in the 905 for a bit. I think Konate has the tools to that as well.
                        Agree he seems to have the tools. Also looks like a willing and capable passer in the small sample size from the video. Having the timing and speed to block shots is a lot about genetics. Having the good sense to grab the ball instead of simply deflecting it is about Bball IQ. Getting back on D instead of flexing is about understanding priorities (Bball IQ). Taking open shots when they present themselves, and working on your shot when you see teams are going to be giving you the opportunity is about Bball IQ.

There's a lot to like about this guy. And only 22. He could blow up in a good way with the Raptors development staff. Looks like he will be an easy Raptors to cheer for. Here's hoping.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Cross racial player comp not allowed.
                          LOL Seriously. This always make me laugh when I look at pages like NBAdraft.net.

Comment

LOL Seriously. This always make me laugh when I look at pages like NBAdraft.net.
                            I feel bad for Henry Ellenson. He's not even living up to his very unfortunate Jalen Rose-esque player comp.

"Big White Red Heads = Older Big White Red Heads"

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I feel bad for Henry Ellenson. He's not even living up to his very unfortunate Jalen Rose-esque player comp.

"Big White Red Heads = Older Big White Red Heads"

lmao

These are just "players he most looks like"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jalen Rose man... The amount of "egg in the face" that dude has had as an 'analyst' and with his predictions would solve world hunger.

Comment

Working...
                                X