• Show
Clear All

• Everything 2019 Summer League

Raptors Summer League 2019 Schedule — Preliminary Round

July 6 - vs. Golden State - Thomas & Mack Center - 12am EST on ESPN

July 8 - vs. Milwaukee - Cox Pavilion - 7pm EST on ESPNU

July 9 - vs. New York - Thomas & Mack Center - 9:30pm on NBA TV

July 11 - vs. Indiana - Indiana - Cox Pavilion - 6pm on NBA TV

Guys like Malcolm Miller, Jordan Lloyd, and Chris Boucher should be joined by our recent draft pick and undrafted rookies Dewan Hernandez, Sagaba Konate, and Lindell Wigginton. Should be a good chance to see if the guys from last year's big squad are ready to take another step forward the way Pascal, Fred, Norm, and Delon all have in recent years.

I might actually tune in this year - the two I'm looking forward to see most are Miller and Konate.

Miller had that terrible injury last year and that kinda derailed him a bit, but I'm looking forward to see more of him when he gets enough minutes to be in rhythm. He's a clean, prototypical 3 & D guy that hardly turns the ball ove, and has a smooth, quick release from deep. I think he could be a guy that if given an opportunity like McKinnie had in Golden State, he could give you some really good minutes on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Looking forward to see what all of them have to offer seriously. Particularly against the lottery picks form the other teams.

Comment

Lindell Wigginton will make this team and will be the 3rd PG on the team. Good defender and rebounder. The kid can shot the 3 and get to the line. Really 2guard in a PG body. The only thing holding him back is feel for the game. I think he will put big scoring number during summer league and the G league.

Dewan Hernandez to me is a more coordinated Amir Johnson. Can guard on the perimeter. Effecient finisher around the rim and can really run the floor.
        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 27, 2019, 12:42 PM.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Lindell Wigginton will make this team and will be the 3rd PG on the team. The kid can shot the 3 and get to the line. The only thing holding back is feel for the game. I think he will put big scoring number during summer league and the G league.

Dewan Hernandez to me is a more coordinated Amir Johnson. Can guard on the perimeter. Effecient finisher around the rim and can really run the floor.
          Been watching some clips and his offense reminds me a bit of a taller, more athletic Kyle Lowry. The kid just knows how to score.

Comment

Nick Nurse has made more than one comment about how Loyd did a great job of role-playing the opposing team's best perimeter player in practice and how hard he worked. I don't know, well, anything about the guy but I am guessing that he is going to get a chance to crack the rotation somehow/someway this year, even if it's in the FVV year one manner where he only plays a few games here and there as a fill-in when guys are resting/hurt.

Comment

Has anyone ever gone to summer league? I am defiantly going to someday. I have never really been enticed by vegas but the only reason i will ever go is to line up a trip during summer league. This would be a good year to go with Zion and R.J barrett but our team doesn't have much to sell me on it and it doesnt line up with my schedule. I think within the next 2 years i will plan to go down to vegas for the week when it's going on. Just wondering how much a trip would end up costing me? What kind of prices they charge to get into games and how likely i would be to run into nba players who are usually in the area when it's going on.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Has anyone ever gone to summer league? I am defiantly going to someday. I have never really been enticed by vegas but the only reason i will ever go is to line up a trip during summer league. This would be a good year to go with Zion and R.J barrett but our team doesn't have much to sell me on it and it doesnt line up with my schedule. I think within the next 2 years i will plan to go down to vegas for the week when it's going on. Just wondering how much a trip would end up costing me? What kind of prices they charge to get into games and how likely i would be to run into nba players who are usually in the area when it's going on.
                Why are you defiantly going, did someone tell you that you couldn't?

Comment

Sagaba Konate probably has the most potential. With all the small ball I dont see his height being a problem. 7 ft wingspan and 37' inch vertical help too. Would of been drafted if he didn't get hurt early in season. Showed some 3pt range in 8 games he played this year.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 27, 2019, 08:09 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Why are you defiantly going, did someone tell you that you couldn't?
                    This is why you don't get invited to Kawhi abduction parties.

(Just jokes G. )

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

This is why you don't get invited to Kawhi abduction parties.

(Just jokes G. )
                      I couldn't help it, it was just waiting their to be commented on

Comment

I believe you just buy a pass and have access to every game. Dont know price or logistics but a couple people I know have been and said its pretty cheap and a ton of fun.

Comment

g__deane wrote: View Post

i couldn't help it, it was just waiting their to be commented on
                          *there
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I am oddly interested in summer league this year. The Raptors have a pretty experienced lineup, with years of seasoning in G-League or overseas. A lot of these guys have done a lot more than a year of college. And have accumulated some pretty good Non-NBA awards and championships. I'm looking forward to the games. Quite frankly I expect to see some dominance by Boucher Loyd, Hernandez and Konate. All four of those guys could wind up on two ways or outright guaranteed contracts.

Comment

It’s $35 a day general admission and you can watch all the games that day. Pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X