X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caccia
    replied
    caccia wrote: View Post
    Less than two weeks until training camp! I'm looking forward to Stiemsma trying to back down Hayes or Hansbrough.
    You guys must be tired of all the power forward/centre statistics starring my fellow Tar Heel. So I promise not to post any more on the subject until 2015! Meanwhile, I am sure having a guy like Hayes on the team will act as a balance to all the young guys who think they're James Harden...the best in the world. Oh, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• caccia
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    You guys are way too hard on the Chuckwagon. I would take him over Tyler any day of the week. He is better offensively than Reggie Evans and more versatile on offense than Tyler, since he can pass the ball.
    Good grief. Tyler's win share on offense is 1.7, Chuck's is 0.1. That should tell you something. Hansbrough scored 11.5 points per 36, Hayes weighs in with 6.2, just behind Landry Fields at 7.6. Only Hayes was not injured. Chuck's offensive rebounds per 36 are higher than expected at 3.1, but Tyler led the team with 4.4.

Chuck Hayes did shoot better than Rudy Gay, though: .429 to .388. But he did not do not as well as Hansbrough or Patterson: .474 and .477, respectively.

Okay, I'll give you the passing, which no doubt was no. 1 on "Things We Want You to Work On During Off-Season" for Hansbrough. Late in the season, Coach Casey told him to pass out after getting the offensive rebound, so he did it, just to get back on the court.

Less than two weeks until training camp! I'm looking forward to Stiemsma trying to back down Hayes or Hansbrough.
    Last edited by caccia; Wed Sep 17, 2014, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    At least Tyler can finish from 1ft away

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    You guys are way too hard on the Chuckwagon I would take him over Tyler any day of the week. He is better offensively than Reggie Evans and more versatile on offense than Tyler, since he can pass the ball.
    At least Tyler can finish from 1ft away

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    You guys are way too hard on the Chuckwagon I would take him over Tyler any day of the week. He is better offensively than Reggie Evans and more versatile on offense than Tyler, since he can pass the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

Its the Salmon fish that was the deadly culprit alright

Leave a comment:

• chico
    replied
    He's way overpaid, but taking that contract on was simply part of the package needed to unload Rudy and obtain PP and GV. Beyond that, he's the kind of high IQ vet that very valuable to this team at the stage their at, way beyond his court appearances. He's also a handy guy to have in some defensive situations, as the guy is an immoveable object. One more year of him works for this team.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Must have been a bad Raptor game because I remember I almost blow chunks myself after seeing this game:

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    From Vasquez reddit:

[–]Raptorsi_am_Raf 23 points an hour ago
    First off, I am a huge Raptors fan and now a huge fan of you Mr. Swagquez, so thank you for doing this AMA.
    My question is: What are some funny/interesting stories you can share from behind the scenes that fans probably wouldn't have heard about?

[–]RaptorsGreivisVasquez[S] 47 points an hour ago
    First of all, I like that nickname!
    One time we are traveling from some city and one time the flight was really bumpy. And Chuck Hayes was throwing up all over the plane. And we were like what the?
    Must have been a bad Raptor game because I remember I almost blow chunks myself after seeing this game:

Leave a comment:

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    That floating jump shot he hit in the playoffs sealed the deal, it was basically the game winner. Think about it: if he had missed that, the game would have gone into overtime, and who knows what would have happened? (Raptors won game 5 by a score of 115-113).

Its as if he knew that game 5 on the 2014 Eastern Conference first round series was the game in which he would unleash his floater game to the general public. Chuck is the real MVP. And, as an individual who witnessed that shot live in person, it changed me for the better.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    From Vasquez reddit:

[–]Raptorsi_am_Raf 23 points an hour ago
    First off, I am a huge Raptors fan and now a huge fan of you Mr. Swagquez, so thank you for doing this AMA.
    My question is: What are some funny/interesting stories you can share from behind the scenes that fans probably wouldn't have heard about?

[–]RaptorsGreivisVasquez[S] 47 points an hour ago
    First of all, I like that nickname!
    One time we are traveling from some city and one time the flight was really bumpy. And Chuck Hayes was throwing up all over the plane. And we were like what the?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Sorry, I jumped off the Chuckwagon a long time ago. Hayes is clearly the player alter-ego of Dwane Casey: what he gives you on defense, he gives back a lot more on offense. Small doses are OK, though.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    I gave him an A because of the runner.
    Me too! He's gotta teach Jv that slick move

Leave a comment:

replied
    I gave him an A because of the runner.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I think Chuck's the perfect veteran to have on a team. Solid leader.. on the court he has his deficiencies.. but off the court I think he's a class-act. Would love to get him back for a reasonable contract once his expires.

But I also think he's got great trade value.. who wouldn't want a backup center who's also got great character that has a mid-level expiring salary?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X