Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caccia
    replied
    I could not find a good place for this news, but Hayes was the replacement for Aaron Gray, who has cardiac problems:

"Gray had the problem, which he didn't discuss in detail, after a voluntary practice session at the Palace, and is still undergoing testing to find out exactly what needs to be done."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/detroit...5899--nba.html

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Did he actually want to lose that weight though? When your biggest asset is being immovable around the rim, would you actually want to become more movable?
    Which probably led to the posts above having him change positions to PF/SF(?).

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    He even looks younger...amazing transformation. But doesnt that take away his pushback? Or would his technique compensate? Lots to look forward to rolewise and improvement in the new season...Hayes, JJ, Stiemsma, Ross, Bruno to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    Did he actually want to lose that weight though? When your biggest asset is being immovable around the rim, would you actually want to become more movable?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    He looks more like he did in Houston...

I'd probably get fat if I lived in Sacto too....boring ass town.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Contract Year

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Stupid question maybe, but could he really see time at the 3? Look so much younger that's crazy
    Lmao that was sarcasm
    Under no circumstances is the Chuck Wagon gonna play the 3

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I think it's a current picture - he just tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/c_hayes44/status/515554292900855808

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Stupid question maybe, but could he really see time at the 3? Look so much younger that's crazy

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Wtf

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Looking pretty slim.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    Hayes lost alot of weight and he slimmed down alot

i dont know how to post pictures so if someone can find his picture people post it
    I believe the off season conversation went like this:

Casey: Yo ChuckWagon.

Hayes: Yes, Coach.

DC: We got problems. Masai wants shot blockers and you're awesome at everything but.

DC: Slim down.

DC: You got the height of a small forward, drop 60 pounds, and play it.

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    Hayes lost alot of weight and he slimmed down alot

i dont know how to post pictures so if someone can find his picture people post it

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Hansbrough does a lot of individual things well, but he just mucks up the offense when he's out there, much more so than Hayes does.

Hansbrough's OxRAPM was -2.5; Hayes' was -1.4. Team ORTG with Hansbrough on the court was 100.9. Hayes? 105.1.

Reality is, for all the stuff Hansbrough does well, and for all the stuff Hayes does terribly, the offense runs better with Hayes than with Hansbrough.
    Spot on.

However, there are instances in physical games where you are not making many perimeter shots and need some offensive rebounds. Hansborough is your guy.

*Don't rely on him if you are getting out rebounded on the defensive end though*

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    caccia wrote: View Post
    Good grief. Tyler's win share on offense is 1.7, Chuck's is 0.1. That should tell you something. Hansbrough scored 11.5 points per 36, Hayes weighs in with 6.2, just behind Landry Fields at 7.6. Only Hayes was not injured. Chuck's offensive rebounds per 36 are higher than expected at 3.1, but Tyler led the team with 4.4.

Chuck Hayes did shoot better than Rudy Gay, though: .429 to .388. But he did not do not as well as Hansbrough or Patterson: .474 and .477, respectively.

Okay, I'll give you the passing, which no doubt was no. 1 on "Things We Want You to Work On During Off-Season" for Hansbrough. Late in the season, Coach Casey told him to pass out after getting the offensive rebound, so he did it, just to get back on the court.

Less than two weeks until training camp! I'm looking forward to Stiemsma trying to back down Hayes or Hansbrough.
    Hansbrough does a lot of individual things well, but he just mucks up the offense when he's out there, much more so than Hayes does.

Hansbrough's OxRAPM was -2.5; Hayes' was -1.4. Team ORTG with Hansbrough on the court was 100.9. Hayes? 105.1.

Reality is, for all the stuff Hansbrough does well, and for all the stuff Hayes does terribly, the offense runs better with Hayes than with Hansbrough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X