X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    Hayes' value to the team is teaching younger bigs how to properly protect the rim; Jonas has gotten noticeably better on rim defense since he started practicing with the almighty Chuckwagon. He's not worth $6m, but next year if he wanted to resign for $2-3m that would be decent value.
    I agree with this, evaluating any 2nd or even 3rd stringer on on court productivity seems like the wrong way to do it. Since Chuck is here, JV fouls less. And he was part of that "magical" locker room.

It's not like second center is a glaring weakness if you compare to other teams. Even on the play offs team, SA has Ayres and Baynes (who?), LAC has big baby (lol), OKC has Adams (who fouls everything in sight), IND has Manhimi, Miami has Haslem, Portland has ..., Washington has Gooden (lol), BKN has blatche.

Leave a comment:

• BigCamB
    replied
    Lol @ KG trying to back down the Chuck Wagon. He went backwards if anything.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Relative to expectations I'd have given him a B or even an A.

But in absolute terms, I gave him a C.

I love Chuck, and he brings a lot to the team, just not that much on the court.

He's super solid in very specific situations though.

Also, I was at game 5, and my jaw dropped when he made that runner. He saved Salmons from a lynching with it.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    Hayes' value to the team is teaching younger bigs how to properly protect the rim; Jonas has gotten noticeably better on rim defense since he started practicing with the almighty Chuckwagon. He's not worth $6m, but next year if he wanted to resign for $2-3m that would be decent value.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'm sure a life-sized cardboard cutout of Chewbacca can provide the same benefits that Hayes brings to this team.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    started a poll Everything Chuck Hayes

Everything Chuck Hayes

A
    33.33%
    B
    16.67%
    C
    38.89%
    D
    5.56%
    F
    5.56%
    I really like Marvelous Hayes and I am shocked he doesn't have the honor of having his own thread.

He has ridiculously awesome free throw shooting mechanics/techniques.

He is an awesome one on one post defender, I remember when he even held freakin Lamarcus Alridge in a near comeback on the fourth quarter.

He had his moments vs Demarcus Cousins as well in the raps blowout victory where he stripped him twice and forced him into a contested fadeaway jumper in consecutive possessions.

What about owning Garnett in Boston?

He sinked this:

He nailed a running hook shock over Drummond which had everyone, especially Jack Armstrong, cracking up.

He seems like a terrific mentor for JV (has terrific defense awareness, rarely fouls, and is really solid at boxing out taller palyers) and a great team guy liked by everyone (as seen by his bench demeanor and glimpse of the team in the Open Gym series)

Chuck Hayes is the GOAT. Easy.

Only thing that goes against him is his bad contract, but it is now an expiring. I'd still much rather have the chuckster than a free agent scrub as our 4th or 5th big.
Working...
X