Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg Monroe available, good fit for Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Then there is that.
    how much does something like that really lower his value though? his value should be pretty well established by now

i mean, there's probably more than one team that wants him so a bidding war should push him to where he's widely perceived right?

his agent is still going to be playing the market to see if he can get a better offer from another team, and if the deal is widely considered a steal, it would be crazy for another team to turn one down that's slightly more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Or SVG just is not at all savvy at the position he just got and has never held before in his career....He also has a tendency not to filter himself to the media. So maybe it is just a dumb move.
    Then there is that.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Offer him 9mill. If he says no then fuck him lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I think he'd be a great fit here. But NO WAY i break the bank for him.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Original question of thread: No.

My question after hearing this again after a couple of hours: Is this a ruse by SVG to lower his value? Rationale: Teams might offer lower deal thinking SVG/Pistons won't match. I think it has to be considered a possibility. You don't just let assets walk for nothing if at all possible. If the intention is to create sign and trade possibilities, they have lowered the value of the asset which is not bright on the part of SVG/Pistons.
    Or SVG just is not at all savvy at the position he just got and has never held before in his career....He also has a tendency not to filter himself to the media. So maybe it is just a dumb move.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I hope Atlanta gets him.. could make Horford available.. Assuming he's healthy he'd be awesome next to JV.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I'd be interested...

How bad is he defensively? Are these correctable things?

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't think he's a good fit. I think naturally he's more of a C.

There was a rumour a week or two ago that Atlanta could be interested. I wonder if that means Atlanta is willing to move either Horford or Millsap. I would be very interested in Horford, who I think is more likely to be moved if Atlanta is going after Monroe.
    If this is true, Atlanta and Detroit basically did a smith Monroe swap. Lmao

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Original question of thread: No.

My question after hearing this again after a couple of hours: Is this a ruse by SVG to lower his value? Rationale: Teams might offer lower deal thinking SVG/Pistons won't match. I think it has to be considered a possibility. You don't just let assets walk for nothing if at all possible. If the intention is to create sign and trade possibilities, they have lowered the value of the asset which is not bright on the part of SVG/Pistons.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I don't think he's a good fit. I think naturally he's more of a C.

There was a rumour a week or two ago that Atlanta could be interested. I wonder if that means Atlanta is willing to move either Horford or Millsap. I would be very interested in Horford, who I think is more likely to be moved if Atlanta is going after Monroe.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    I don't think we got the cap to sign him, he'll want like 12 mill. Are you comfortable giving him the the most money on your team

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    He's a very talented player but the Pistons just couldn't really get rid of Smith/Drummond so I see why they're letting him go.

I think he'd be a good fit here, even with his defensive shortcomings, but I'm predicting some team just gives him close to the max or something that we can't match.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    started a topic Greg Monroe available, good fit for Raps?

Greg Monroe available, good fit for Raps?

Report: Stan Van Gundy will not re-sign Greg Monroe. Monroe is a restricted free agent this summer. (h/t @SeanDeveney)
    https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/s...09087979859968
Working...
X