Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick any PF to pair with Jonas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenforthewin
    replied
    Chris Bosh will remain as a Heat or traded to the West, possibly Spurs, Mavs or Suns = No getting Bosh Back
    Anthony Davis = One can dream but he's not going anywhere but remain as a Hornets
    Serge Ibaka = One can dream but he's not going anywhere but remain as a Thunder
    LaMarcus Alridge = One can dream but he's not going anywhere but remain as a Blazers

Possibilities
    Al Hofford = Despite the poor play of the Hawks in the playoff, I think the Hawks are still trying to retain the big man in the summer unless they make a deal with the Pistons, a possibly Hofford for Monroe + Fillers, would Raptors be the third team to acquire one of Hofford or Monroe?

Greg Monroe = See above

Kevin Love = There is a chance but they may want Ross and DeRozan + pick

Z-Bo = If it was 3-4 years ago sure but he's getting slow, he would compliment well with JV

Attainable But Will Pass Up for the Possibilities
    Andrea Bargnani - The Knicks are shipping Felton and possibly Bargs, are we in the run for one or both

One of the Morris Brothers - Unless the Suns want to separate them I see one of them being attainable by the Raptors, possibly resigned 2Pat + 2nd round pick for one of the brothers

Paul Millsap - We could get him with Ross + pick?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    That is literally exactly Jerami Grant. He's the best athlete in this class (after Wiggins I guess) and his standing reach is taller than a lot of PFs in the league right now (his standing reach is 8'11 which is almost as much as some 7 footers).

He's insanely quick, explosive and long. All he needs is to add a little bit of strength and he'd be the answer to these small ball lineups on defense.

He's listed as a SF but his basketball skills are so bad I think he'll end up being a more athletic Faried.
    You'd choose Jeremi Grant to start next to Jonas over ever single other PF in the league?
    I hope this isn't what you're saying lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    That is literally exactly Jerami Grant. He's the best athlete in this class (after Wiggins I guess) and his standing reach is taller than a lot of PFs in the league right now (his standing reach is 8'11 which is almost as much as some 7 footers).

He's insanely quick, explosive and long. All he needs is to add a little bit of strength and he'd be the answer to these small ball lineups on defense.

He's listed as a SF but his basketball skills are so bad I think he'll end up being a more athletic Faried.
    He can't shoot and can't block shots. He'd basically just be a high motor/banger type guy. Not my ideal starting PF especially not next to JV since JV is already great at that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TrossTheBOSS
    replied
    Chris Bosh lol rupaul

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Love is a great player, but how is JV that much different from Pekovich that a combo of JV and Love would be be significantly better than Love and Pekovich?

Sadly, I think we have to look at the way the NBA is trending towards smaller and more versatile PF's and get someone out there that has a hope of guarding the elite guys like LBJ and KD at that position. Anthony Davis has a prayer when healthy. It's not just about double, doubles anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Kevin Love.

Jonas commands the paint, Love stretches the floor. Both have a nose for the ball.
    Love is a great player, but how is JV that much different from Pekovich that a combo of JV and Love would be be significantly better than Love and Pekovich?

Sadly, I think we have to look at the way the NBA is trending towards smaller and more versatile PF's and get someone out there that has a hope of guarding the elite guys like LBJ and KD at that position. Anthony Davis has a prayer when healthy. It's not just about double, doubles anymore.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Don't know how anyone cannot say Unibrow. Already a beast and he's like 21
    I was going more for the perfect fit rather than just BPA.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Lamarcus Aldridge

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Vonleh!

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Yeah. I made a list and said all my choices have pros and cons....the con to Unibrow is that in real life, it's hard not to think it would be impossible to actually get him. Otherwise he's a complete no-brainer.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigCamB
    replied
    Maybe six years ago....

Leave a comment:

• 2KJ
    replied
    Kevin Garnett. I know he's an ass, but I think he would be perfect playing with JV. He's a PF who's forced to play C, and he's very comfortable with it since his days in Boston. He could be like how Oakley was to the VC-led Raps. Maybe he could teach JV how to set illegal screens without being caught or called for fouls. lol. Basketball-wise though, he could still play. He was key in Game 7. He said he's impressed with us fans, and tbh we have a better shot of being a contender than the Nets, who spent $200M and gambled their future but to no avail.

Rupaul. He's a rich man's Patrick Patterson, with a much more length. Since we have Lowry and Derozan, he doesn't have the pressure anymore to be the man. So he doesn't have to carry this team like he did in the past. He could lay his eggs on the perimeter and spot up for J's, etc.

Leave a comment:

replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    The Knicks are above the tax apron, they can't take Lowry, Patterson and Nando in a sign and trade. Maybe they would take DeRozan and Ross instead?
    ooooh yes...

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Ohmygawd, sign and trade with the Knicks!

Knicks out:

Andrea Barganani
    Knicks 2020 second round pick

Raptors out:

Resigned Kyle Lowry
    Patrick Patterson
    Resigned Nando De Colo
    Knicks 2016 first round pick
    The Knicks are above the tax apron, they can't take Lowry, Patterson and Nando in a sign and trade. Maybe they would take DeRozan and Ross instead?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X