Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick any PF to pair with Jonas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing Kevin Love is available...agent more or less demanded a trade.

John Salmons, Chuck Hayes, Terrence Ross, 2014 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick, 3 second round picks get it done?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      Hearing Kevin Love is available...agent more or less demanded a trade.

John Salmons, Chuck Hayes, Terrence Ross, 2014 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick, 3 second round picks get it done?
      Unimpressive when you compare to what teams got for Melo, Deron, Dwight.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Unimpressive when you compare to what teams got for Melo, Deron, Dwight.
        trade demands have a way of lowering your value.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          trade demands have a way of lowering your value.
          Hello, Melo, Dwight, Deron. Deron didn't get to a point where he openly demanded a trade, it was a preemptive strike. The other two did demand a trade and made a mess out of it. Melo even pushed for a trade to one specific city. Can you imagine how much that lowers someone's value? Much more than the Love situation.

That's why Masai is so respected for that trade. It wasn't just getting value for Melo, it was getting value under those circumstances. The current Love situation is a piece of cake compared to that. His "people" might've asked for a trade? It may be LA, or New York, or maybe some other place, no specific list? Ujiri would've loved to work under those circumstances with the Carmelo trade.

Comment

Hello, Melo, Dwight, Deron. Deron didn't get to a point where he openly demanded a trade, it was a preemptive strike. The other two did demand a trade and made a mess out of it. Melo even pushed for a trade to one specific city. Can you imagine how much that lowers someone's value? Much more than the Love situation.

That's why Masai is so respected for that trade. It wasn't just getting value for Melo, it was getting value under those circumstances. The current Love situation is a piece of cake compared to that. His "people" might've asked for a trade? It may be LA, or New York, or maybe some other place, no specific list? Ujiri would've loved to work under those circumstances with the Carmelo trade.
            That's also why Dolan is so disrespected for that trade. His FO didn't want to pay through the nose when everyone knew Melo was going there anywhere. Dolan was a huge factor in what Masai netted for Denver for Melo.

It was mainly shrewd scouting by Hennigan that turned the Howard deal into a plus; a lot of Magic fans were pissed initially. At the time Vucevic/Harkless/Afflalo didn't seem like much.

The real problem with getting Love is that so many other teams seem to be super-interested... there will be a real bidding war if Love gives a promise to re-sign.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              That's also why Dolan is so disrespected for that trade. His FO didn't want to pay through the nose when everyone knew Melo was going there anywhere. Dolan was a huge factor in what Masai netted for Denver for Melo.

It was mainly shrewd scouting by Hennigan that turned the Howard deal into a plus; a lot of Magic fans were pissed initially. At the time Vucevic/Harkless/Afflalo didn't seem like much.

The real problem with getting Love is that so many other teams seem to be super-interested... there will be a real bidding war if Love gives a promise to re-sign.
              That's why looking at these trades matters. It gives some idea of what to expect as far as interest and bidding. Brooklyn got involved in a seemingly hopeless Melo case and helped raise the price. This time it might not be Brooklyn, but someone will show up and raise the price. It always happens. It's a superstar.

Re Orlando trade. 3 1sts + 2 mid 1st prospects + Afflalo + some 2nds. If that pissed off Orlando fans, how will the Wolves fans feel when they see 2 late 1sts and Terrence Ross and some 2nds?

Ignore the fact that some of Orlando's players overperformed. And ignore the fact that Dwight, Bynum, Iggy all left their teams by now, which is the main reason why that trade is valued so differently now.
              Even ignoring all that, 3 1sts + 2 prospects + a young starting veteran (Afflalo) is way more value than every Love trade idea I see.

If the NBA was 2 teams, Wolves and Raptors, I could see Love being pretty cheap. A couple picks and Ross, that's probably better than keeping Love for a year with minimal chance of re-signing him. But in a 30 teams league I suspect he will cost more.

Comment

That's why looking at these trades matters. It gives some idea of what to expect as far as interest and bidding. Brooklyn got involved in a seemingly hopeless Melo case and helped raise the price. This time it might not be Brooklyn, but someone will show up and raise the price. It always happens. It's a superstar.

Re Orlando trade. 3 1sts + 2 mid 1st prospects + Afflalo + some 2nds. If that pissed off Orlando fans, how will the Wolves fans feel when they see 2 late 1sts and Terrence Ross and some 2nds?

Ignore the fact that some of Orlando's players overperformed. And ignore the fact that Dwight, Bynum, Iggy all left their teams by now, which is the main reason why that trade is valued so differently now.
                Even ignoring all that, 3 1sts + 2 prospects + a young starting veteran (Afflalo) is way more value than every Love trade idea I see.

If the NBA was 2 teams, Wolves and Raptors, I could see Love being pretty cheap. A couple picks and Ross, that's probably better than keeping Love for a year with minimal chance of re-signing him. But in a 30 teams league I suspect he will cost more.
                I hope Ujiri makes an enticing but not really the best they can get offer for Love and makes some other team sell the farm to get him. Screw everyone else.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                  I hope Ujiri makes an enticing but not really the best they can get offer for Love and makes some other team sell the farm to get him. Screw everyone else.
                  We should be involved just to raise the price and watch someone (hopefully in the East) completely screw themselves over.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

If the NBA was two teams we wouldn't need Kevin Love. Both lineups would be stacked, and k love would most likely be a 3rd string PF, 6th man at best.

Raps:
                    Chris Paul
                    Paul George
                    Kevin Durant
                    Lebron James
                    Dwight Howard

Blake Griffin
                    Damian Lillard
                    Tim Duncan
                    Stephen Curry
                    Paul millsap
                    John Wall
                    Joakim Noah
                    D Wade

Minny:
                    Kyrie Irving
                    James Harden
                    Andre Igoudala
                    Lamarcus Aldridge
                    Al Jefferson

Tony Parker
                    Kevin Love
                    Russell Westbrook
                    Serge Ibaka
                    Carmelo Anthony
                    Derrick Rose
                    Dirk Nowitzki
                    Kobe
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      If the NBA was two teams we wouldn't need Kevin Love. Both lineups would be stacked, and k love would most likely be a 3rd string PF, 6th man at best.

Raps:
                      Chris Paul
                      Paul George
                      Kevin Durant
                      Lebron James
                      Dwight Howard

Blake Griffin
                      Damian Lillard
                      Tim Duncan
                      Stephen Curry
                      Paul millsap
                      John Wall
                      Joakim Noah
                      D Wade

Minny:
                      Kyrie Irving
                      James Harden
                      Andre Igoudala
                      Lamarcus Aldridge
                      Al Jefferson

Tony Parker
                      Kevin Love
                      Russell Westbrook
                      Serge Ibaka
                      Carmelo Anthony
                      Derrick Rose
                      Dirk Nowitzki
                      Kobe
                      Good point, haha.

Comment

I like how it's just Kobe.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          He got named just right to be remembered. Short name that is better than a nickname? Check. No famous performer has something close ala MJ? Check. Odd enough that it sticks in everyone's head? Check. A name which travels well internationally (there is a city called Kobe in Japan)? Check.

It's so perfect a name I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually born Robert Zimmerman and just picked the perfect name himself
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                            It almost feels weird and unnecessary to write out the full thing.

For exactly the same reasons TSF pointed out; everyone and their mother knows Kobe without having to say his last name.
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I want no part of trading assets for a soon to be free agent going to the Lakers.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

For me, it's anyone who can demand a double-team in the post, and who is a strong rebounder. E.g Love, Bosh, Griffin, Randolph, etc.

I don't think someone like Ibaka is a good fit. Solid player, but the offense would continue to be wing-heavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X