Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick any PF to pair with Jonas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c_bcm
    replied
    Kevin Love.

Jonas commands the paint, Love stretches the floor. Both have a nose for the ball.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Ibaka.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    Lebron is a PF right? But, seriously, Bosh is the closest comp that I can think of in terms of style of complementary PF. Or, maybe Nowitzki. He needs to play with a stretch 4 who can do a great job of passing him the ball. Since, he will be operating in the paint for his career he needs all the space he can get, so he can't be competing with another PF for room. Also, he will probably always struggle with quick guards and close outs to the 3-point line, so he needs someone who can compensate for that.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    I'm way too scared of the injuries of Al Horford to make a move on him although he is a top 20 player when healthy.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Yeah, I'm going to cheat and take LeBron. No one said it has to be one of the big PFs.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Either Lebron or KD

Hard to find a best where there are so many good ones out there and most of the good ones are unattainable.

Best of the best would be Love, Davis and Griffin. Love maybe attainable but he's off to LA or Chicago in my opinion.

Bosh/Zbo could be attainable but are both older now.

Duncan/Nowitzki are not going anywhere.

So next in line would be Aldridge, Horford, Ibaka, Jefferson, Millsap and Monroe.

Oddly enough I think Horford is probably the easiest to get from this list. Especially if Atlanta has interest in Monroe.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Yeah a guy like Ibaka or Gibson would be perfect, i think. Need someone athletic since Val can be kinda slow and plodding.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    A couple of seasons ago I would not have chosen him...Blake Griffin is a force as a PF now in multiple areas and probably could mold his game to work well with JV.

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    Karl Malone

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    Bosh, and it's not even close.
    Lol how is it not even close?

Leave a comment:

• yukhan1980
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Horford would be a great fit.

Leave the perimeter to the wings and PG. With Valanciunas' potential range (think Luc Longley out to foul line and baselines), I want a traditional low-post banger instead of a stretch-4. He has to be able to rebound and play defense too.
    Horford would be good but i think Unibrow suits the best

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    Bosh, and it's not even close.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Horford would be a great fit.

Leave the perimeter to the wings and PG. With Valanciunas' potential range (think Luc Longley out to foul line and baselines), I want a traditional low-post banger instead of a stretch-4. He has to be able to rebound and play defense too.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    Kevin Love is sort of a boring answer.

Looking at value/productivity I might want to throw this guy in the discussion :

Terrific glue guy that can shoot the 3, defend and pass.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Ibaka is a great choice, I'd be more than happy with that. I'll throw Taj Gibson into the mix. I think he has the right balance of offense and defense to help support Jonas.
    I second Taj. He's like a slightly more versatile (on offense), slightly stronger, slightly healthier Amir

Leave a comment:

Working...
X