Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He gets his shots off fast. And he plays at least some D, in these clips. The D might not translate to the NBA level, but if he gets any open shots, it looks like they are going down.

Comment

Kid's a pure shooter. Release is very quick and accurate, and the stroke looks the same from his Iowa days all the way through Euro league, which is what you want on a shooter (consistent shot mechanics). I also like that he moves a lot without the ball to get himself open, puts a lot of stress on the opposing in D even we he doesn't touch the ball on the possession (kinda like what JJ Redick does).

Him and Konate are the ones I'm looking forward to see the most.

Comment

A little more on Matt.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...RHQJxzDXkBL78Q

Comment

Never watched a full game from him (just highlights), so with that caveat said, 4 things I noticed about his shot:

(1) he does not need a whole lot of time or space to release it, and it feels he can sense it when a teammate is about to swing it to him, so it goes up with no hesitation and very quickly.

(2) the shooting form looks the same regardless if it's a corner 3, top of the key 3, midrange, or turnaround J (the only one a bit different is the floater but that's the nature of that kind of shot in general)

(3) The shot looks about the same on his Iowa days, Euro days and NBA summer league.

(4) His form reminds me of Korver's. So I went on to watch some Korver highlights (**War flashbacks from old Cavs series**), and it looked similar on angulation of the right arm, how long he leaves it extended, and knees/legs position. The one curious difference was the release point. Korver has had a long career and his release point changed a bit over the years. Looked higher in some of his older clips, then later in his career it started to look a little lower (but just as deadIy). I think that was an adaptation in trying to get the shot out quicker as defences started to respect his shot more. Thomas' release point looks more like later-career Korver. Both move a ton without the ball.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
              Never watched a full game from him (just highlights), so with that caveat said, 4 things I noticed about his shot:

(1) he does not need a whole lot of time or space to release it, and it feels he can sense it when a teammate is about to swing it to him, so it goes up with no hesitation and very quickly.

(2) the shooting form looks the same regardless if it's a corner 3, top of the key 3, midrange, or turnaround J (the only one a bit different is the floater but that's the nature of that kind of shot in general)

(3) The shot looks about the same on his Iowa days, Euro days and NBA summer league.

(4) His form reminds me of Korver's. So I went on to watch some Korver highlights (**War flashbacks from old Cavs series**), and it looked similar on angulation of the right arm, how long he leaves it extended, and knees/legs position. The one curious difference was the release point. Korver has had a long career and his release point changed a bit over the years. Looked higher in some of his older clips, then later in his career it started to look a little lower (but just as deadIy). I think that was an adaptation in trying to get the shot out quicker as defences started to respect his shot more. Thomas' release point looks more like later-career Korver. Both move a ton without the ball.
              I was thinking Korver watching the highlight tapes. We can only hope. If he proves out, not a bad weapon to have in your armory.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

I was thinking Korver watching the highlight tapes. We can only hope. If he proves out, not a bad weapon to have in your armory.
                Well, Korver is one of the most prolific shooters in NBA history, so getting even like 60-70% of him in Thomas would be pretty awesome
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Oxnfdl...=1pow60wdwr02u

Looking silky smooth

Comment

Comment

Moves like The Professor YouTube guy

Comment

LivedThroughBargnani wrote: View Post
                        If he become's just another Dell Curry (just a catch and shoot guy like Dell was with the Raptors) I would be quite happy with it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

If he become's just another Dell Curry (just a catch and shoot guy like Dell was with the Raptors) I would be quite happy with it.
                          Very similar game to Luke Kennard..... who is..... okay.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Very similar game to Luke Kennard..... who is..... okay.
                            Hotshot tried to break the cardinal rule and do a player comp across racial lines. Thank god you cleaned that up quick
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hotshot tried to break the cardinal rule and do a player comp across racial lines. Thank god you cleaned that up quick
                              It's easy - just need to follow the Jalen Rose 'player comps for dummies" guidelines:

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I tried... Steve Kerr anyone??!

Comment

Working...
                                X