No announcement yet.

Everything Matt Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My player comp is CJ Miles but with a jump shot.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
      My player comp is CJ Miles but with a jump shot.
      lmao this is good

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post

lmao this is good
        I broke the only rule in player comps though. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

I broke the only rule in player comps though. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
          JJ Reddick, Kyle Korver, Joe Harris, Jason Kapono, Steve Novak, Steve Kerr...you had so many options there is no excuse for what you did.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Dennis '3D' Scott, fo sho.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

JJ Reddick, Kyle Korver, Joe Harris, Jason Kapono, Steve Novak, Steve Kerr...you had so many options there is no excuse for what you did.
              Remember when the Raps tried to turn Jason Kapono into a drive and kick guy? Good times.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Remember when the Raps tried to turn Jason Kapono into a drive and kick guy? Good times.
                Don't have to go back that far. That Raptor tradition has remained strong through to Casey and now Nurse. It's what we do.

Comment

This dude will go down as the greatest Raptors shooter ever. Everytime he shoots the ball it feels like it's going in. It's like watching Kyle Korver or JJ Redick. Everytime you leave them open you know the ball is going in.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

The thing I like about Thomas too is that he is clearly not a good defender (lateral quickness is severely lacking) but the guy does really try out there. Blake Murphy mentioned in his article that it really limits their switch-ability with him on the court but he didn’t do a bad job guarding Cory Joseph one-on-one the other night at all.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      The thing I like about Thomas too is that he is clearly not a good defender (lateral quickness is severely lacking) but the guy does really try out there. Blake Murphy mentioned in his article that it really limits their switch-ability with him on the court but he didn’t do a bad job guarding Cory Joseph one-on-one the other night at all.
                      The Kyle Korver approach. He’s pretty bad defensively, but he’s trying his best so you can’t really be that mad at him
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        I like what I've seen from him one-on-one as well. He actually has good length for a guard (he's 6'5", same as Delon), so on-ball he's pretty decent, I've seen him contest shots, keep his man in front of him etc... He also has good boxing out instincts too (he's not one of those guys that just keep staring at the ball as it goes up towards our glass, he'll keep his man from flying in for the board).

All in all you're not gonna put him on the opposing teams better offensive players of course, but from the little time we've seen on the floor he's not a pylon you have to hide on defence either. Once he's more versed on the intricacies of the Raptors team D, he's a guy that can be a very solid rotation piece for this team.

Comment

Continues to look like an elite shooter, and capable of being in the rotation. Brings enough ball skills at off guard to make it easier for someone like Terrence to play the 1.

Comment

I like his energy as well, hes really putting in the effort on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Look how the entire bench is on their feet as soon as the ball touches Matts hands. Everyone just knows this guy take a 3 he's making it.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

I like what I've seen from him one-on-one as well. He actually has good length for a guard (he's 6'5", same as Delon), so on-ball he's pretty decent, I've seen him contest shots, keep his man in front of him etc... He also has good boxing out instincts too (he's not one of those guys that just keep staring at the ball as it goes up towards our glass, he'll keep his man from flying in for the board).

All in all you're not gonna put him on the opposing teams better offensive players of course, but from the little time we've seen on the floor he's not a pylon you have to hide on defence either. Once he's more versed on the intricacies of the Raptors team D, he's a guy that can be a very solid rotation piece for this team.
                                Ive been pretty surprised at his lack of pt thus far. I assume its just as you mention Nurse wants him well versed with schemes, but hes very focused on defense and consistently in the right spots in a good stance.

My dream is with injuries we see Pascal get pulled after 6-7 minutes to play pg with bench units (TD, Thomas, Pascal, RHJ, Boucher). That lineup has the makings of a good bench unit and will be incredibly fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X