Everything Matt Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    Matt Thomas has a .706 FG% & .955 TS%. WTF? Those video game numbers he put up in Europe and Summer League are actually translating to the NBA level.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Matt Thomas has a .706 FG% & .955 TS%. WTF? Those video game numbers he put up in Europe and Summer League are actually translating to the NBA level.
      surround this guy with defenders and screeners.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah and the other thing I noticed about this guy too is his shot selection is pretty impeccable. He never forces anything, and when he goes up he's always on balance and with a super straight form

Comment

I want to see him in the three-point contest
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

I want to see him in the three-point contest
            You will if he gets enough shots up.

Comment

Why is this kid not starting!!!!! Powell is trash

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                Why is this kid not starting!!!!! Powell is trash
                Thomas can't defend well enough to be an every night starter. Powell's not great but Thomas isn't the potential replacement, Davis is. Thomas is a pure bench gunner at this point. We'll see long term but for now that's his role.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

its crazy we have him for 3 years

Comment

Seems to have point-guard level ball skills. Should be able to play the 1 in a pinch.

Comment

• Thomas needs a few years to get comfortable with the NBA speed, but it's really fascinating that we were able to find him off the scrap heap like we did.

We give Masai a lot of credit (and deservedly) but Dan Tolzman is also an awesome front hire get. He's the guy that's scouting these guys every day.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        its crazy we have him for 3 years
                        $1.7M in year 3 is peanuts.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Seems to have point-guard level ball skills. Should be able to play the 1 in a pinch.
                          Really? Did you see his fast break last game? lol
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Thomas needs a few years to get comfortable with the NBA speed, but it's really fascinating that we were able to find him off the scrap heap like we did.

We give Masai a lot of credit (and deservedly) but Dan Tolzman is also an awesome front hire get. He's the guy that's scouting these guys every day.
                            Absolutely. Tolzman gets no credit. I'd say our amateur scouting is the best in the league currently. A lot of drafts we barely have picks but youd never know it with all the cupboards are stocked.

he followed masai from Denver so ujiri obviously knows his genius
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Absolutely. Tolzman gets no credit. I'd say our amateur scouting is the best in the league currently. A lot of drafts we barely have picks but youd never know it with all the cupboards are stocked.

he followed masai from Denver so ujiri obviously knows his genius
                              Ya Tolzman needs to start getting more respect. If you guys haven't watched his open gym episode check it out. He puts in the real hard work traveling all over the country watching college games in the winter. Also in the classic behind the scenes open gym where masai has to make the call on the 27th pick in 2016 draft. he says "okay i guess ill go with my scouts on this one, Siakam"
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Really? Did you see his fast break last game? lol
                                I must have missed it. But when you've got playmakers at other positions (Pascal, etc.) you can get away with a lot (see Avery Bradley playing the 1 in LA).

More of an argument against the idea we need another point guard despite having Kyle, Fred, TD, and...Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                                X