Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Lakers and their draft pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez
    replied
    Please tell me to kill for you, MU.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I would kill to get Exum.

Kill.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    you said arts students dont value money...kinda just threw it in there
    They are inspired people, they value beauty.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    huh?
    you said arts students dont value money...kinda just threw it in there

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Oh my shots fired :0
    huh?

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Everyone values winning. Everyone values money too (except some monks and arts students). The team that offers Lowry the most will most likely get him, unless the difference is very small. In which case secondary factors might come into play (like winning, city, what the wife says).

Lowry isn't some hall of famer chasing a ring. And he's generally been underpaid so far. He's made 29 mil over his whole career. He has a chance to almost triple his career earnings over the next 4 years. This is his big summer. To hear that Lowry would say "no" to Toronto simply because DeRozan gets traded for a rookie sounds wildly unrealistic to me.

If you said that Kobe will take less money to play on a better team, I might believe it (just kidding). That's Kobe, Mr.Wants To Win, who's chasing Jordan and who's made near a billion dollars in salary and endorsements.
    Oh my shots fired :0

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    The only fair trade would be DD for Kobe + 7
    DO IT!!

Kobe can then score 82 on some other team for once...

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    The only fair trade would be DD for Kobe + 7

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    I'm open to trading Derozan for the right deal (well, no shit, right?) but I don't know that I would do it just for the purpose of getting the 7th pick.

However, on draft night after the Cavs fuck up and someone mortgages the future for Kevin Love, then maybe the landscape will have shifted to the point where Ujiri sees something worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    At the end of the day we all know that the Draft is very hard to guess. Some high picks turn out awful, some late picks turn out great. Even today with all the scouting it's still so unpredictable (Isiah Thomas pick 60 recently).

I personally feel at the Raptors current position they don't need to trade DD in order to try and make a home run and get a superstar at the number 7 position. The risk is just too great. I feel we're not a team who needs to start all over and wait for whoever this guy is to get good in 3-4 years, we're a team that needs to keep building on what we have.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Personally I don't like the Lakers #7 pick. I feel like the players in that 6-13 range are all reaches for a high ceiling, but no actual production. I want to move into the top 2 or the bottom 15. Top 2 for obvious reasons, but in the bottom 15 we have players like Ennis/Stauskas/Hood/Payton/LaVine/GRIII/Napier all there who can be important pieces on winning teams

I think trading a DD for less valued picks in the 15-19 range AND established players is a better move as you are getting 2-3 options to fill in the gap left by DD rather than putting all your eggs in one basket. mcHappy I think is on the right track with the Chicago trade, which allows us to keep DD as well as make a move into the draft.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    You can marshal all the arguments, that you make up in your own mind, but none of them prove that what you have said is true.

Trading Bargs and Gay meant that the Raptors were in tank mode, except they weren't. Trading DD for the #7 pick, to you, means that the Raps are in the rebuild, except it might not. Trading DD for a rookie, and Nash or whoever will certainly remove DeMar's scoring punch, but guess what. Suddenly his 16 shots a game get redistributed. Suddenly the opposing teams doesn't have just one guy to key in on. Suddenly the defense might get better. And maybe MU has other moves that bring back another player of value.

Not saying any of those things are true, but stating over and over again that trading DeMar means Lowry walks is an opinion. Just like the opinions folks has, across the league, that Barg's and Gay's contracts couldn't be moved.

Nothing wrong with having a strong opinion unless you think people are stupid or wrong for not agreeing with you....At least recognize when you are drinking your own Kool Aid.
    I don't think anyone's stupid for disagreeing, I'm just defending my argument. And telling me to stop drinking my own Kool Aid is basically saying that my whole premise is BS, so you're doing exactly what you just lambasted me for doing.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    A few of you are trying to liken trading DeRozan to trading Rudy, saying that Lowry won't let that affect his decision because he'll put business/profession first before friendship.

That's fine, and I agree that Lowry will put business/profession first. The difference is it's not the same situation at all. First of all Rudy was not playing as well as DeRozan played last season: sub 50% TS, more turnovers than assists, etc. Secondly, the Raptors were also 6-12 with Gay in the lineup and below .500 with him the previous year, it's not like they were removing a key piece from a strong team; they were removing an expensive piece from a weak team.

I know many of you do not like DeRozan's game, but it's not the same situation. You are removing a key piece from a strong team (what were we like 42-22 post-Gay?) and replacing him with an unproven player. Yes the player could maybe have the potential to be better, but I really don't see how anyone can say that in the immediate future that is not exactly a "winning" move. DeRozan is better than any of these guys in the draft are going to be next season (hell DeRozan is better than LeBron was in his rookie season). So you're asking Lowry to take a step back next year. That might be a deal-breaker if he gets an offer from a team that is looking to win NOW.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Personally I don't know if I would move DeRozan for the no.7 pick. I don't know these prospects well enough. I doubt that most people do either, so it all seems a bit moot. But if Ujiri feels excited enough about some prospect to do this trade, I'll become excited too. It's entirely plausible that someone much better long term than DeRozan could be available at no.7.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Ok if I could get some clarification here. What's the goal of moving DeRozan for the #7 pick?
    Because apparently that 7th pick guy will be our new first option on offense. He will give us more efficient 20 points per game. Everything that Derozan does but better basically.

Fair expectations

Leave a comment:

Working...
X