Hidden Gems Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Gems Thread

I'm always looking to find undervalued guys around the league to bring into TO because we need more talent. So I have 2 questions:

Question 1:

Which players around the league do you think are hidden gems/sleepers/potential breakout players/underrated?? Why?

Question 2:

Should the Raps look to acquire them? If not, which team(s) would they look good on otherwise?

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

I have a few players but will just kick it off with a trifecta of names

-Jeremy Lamb - great length, great shooter, is a surprisingly good playmaker and ball handler and has turned into a very good off-ball defender. I think Lamb could be a huge piece to any team looking for a starting SG, just needs a consistent opportunity. I would like to see him in a Raps uniform (however we have too many SG's so I haven't brought it up till now, and can't make the case that we NEED him)

-CJ Miles - spark plug of energy. Pretty complete player, can handle/shoot/pass and defend. Buried behind an already overpayed/overhyped/undersized Cleveland back court. I don't think that he is necessarily a right fit for the Raps. Would fit well in Memphis or Indiana though

-Jordan Crawford - 6th man. Can score in bunches out of the ISO as well as operate the PnR. A more athletic version of Vasquez basically so I don't think pursuing him would be the best. Would fit very well in Chicago, does fit with his current GS team too.

Nando De Colo.

Oh wait, we already acquired him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

We should bring back Austin Daye.

He scored 28 points one game.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Anthony Randolph is someone I think with the right fit can blossom. He's got some good footwork and isnt terribly slow for a player his size. He's got length and is a good 1-1 and help defender. He needs to pack on some muscle though and his attitude leaves a lot to be desired, but would be an ok fit behind JV
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I don't know too much about Randolph...I always thought he was a PF that was trying to be a SF, which is why he has bounced around the league.

Went and had a look at his numbers and he shot a lot of threes (61 of his 176 attempts were 3s this past season)....at a whopping 29.5%, with quite a high TOV%. Though he has been a decent rebounder and shot blocker through his career. I don't know, I wouldn't say he is someone the league is sleeping on....I think he is exactly where he deserves to be

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            I don't know too much about Randolph...I always thought he was a PF that was trying to be a SF, which is why he has bounced around the league.

Went and had a look at his numbers and he shot a lot of threes (61 of his 176 attempts were 3s this past season)....at a whopping 29.5%, with quite a high TOV%. Though he has been a decent rebounder and shot blocker through his career. I don't know, I wouldn't say he is someone the league is sleeping on....I think he is exactly where he deserves to be
            That's what I meant about his attitude. He tries to do things that he's not told to do, not to mention that he doesn't have the skills to do them.

I can't imagine any coach in their right mind telling him to shoot all those threes, much less to handle the ball as much as Randolph does. He seems unwilling to be coached and that's why he's bounced around so much. He's not so much a sleeper but I'd say a guy with potential who is his own worst enemy.
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Derrick Williams has sky high potential in 2k so I guess I'd say him...

But seriously, I think in the right situation he could be a decent role player, ALOT less potential in real life than in 2k hahaahah but I think under the right coach he could come in for 10-15 minutes. Th thing with him is that he has the ball iq of a stick. I think pop can straighten him out though he's like still 23
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I can see Masai trying to get back Fournier from Denver, whom he drafted in 2012 : very talented SG, only 21, pure steal at #20.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Derrick Williams has sky high potential in 2k so I guess I'd say him...

But seriously, I think in the right situation he could be a decent role player, ALOT less potential in real life than in 2k hahaahah but I think under the right coach he could come in for 10-15 minutes. Th thing with him is that he has the ball iq of a stick. I think pop can straighten him out though he's like still 23
                  I was gonna say Derrick Williams too...he's only 22 and a potential breakout star in the right situation...would have loved to seen him in the trade instead of Salmons. Even when he was with the T-WOlves and his name came up in a Bargnani trade I was all for him.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                    I was gonna say Derrick Williams too...he's only 22 and a potential breakout star in the right situation...would have loved to seen him in the trade instead of Salmons. Even when he was with the T-WOlves and his name came up in a Bargnani trade I was all for him.
                    I like him as well but he's dumb as a rock
                    He should be attacking the rim at every opportunity but he loves firing away jumpshots
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I like DeMarre Carroll from Atlanta.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I only really saw much of him in the first round, but I liked the looks of him too. He was shooting the three great and at least looks big enough to defend as well as Salmons.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Carroll isn't a hidden gem anymore, he's the new Gerald Wallace. Watch for his underrated to overrated arc in the next 4 years.

Comment

He's not really a hidden gem in this forum. I'm talking about Harrison Barnes.

I said it before and i'll say it again. If i'm MU I would try and trade our 1st rd pick or T-Ross for H. Barnes. I know people will argue and say 'Ross is better' 'look at Barnes stats this season' Warriors used Barnes as a 6th man this season. And whenever he's in the game they put him in the 4. Not making excuses but i don't he was ever comfortable in that role.

Barnes is a very good player. He showed it in his rookie year. He's a big game player. Big time shot maker. I've been watching him since his freshman year in UNC. He's the real deal. He just needs to be in the right situation to show his talent.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              The wolves traded him for luc Richard mbah moute . When that happened I was just baffled how low his value was. Then I just wondered maybe we could've sent Landry over. I think he would be a solid get and hey he's still young right
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X