Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristan Thompson: should the Raptors pursue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tristan Thompson: should the Raptors pursue?

After a very disappointing season, the Cleveland Cavaliers are open for business and just one of the many young players that could be available is Toronto’s own Tristan Thompson.

http://probballreport.com/should-the...stan-thompson/

What do you think?

If you goal is marketing, sure, do it up.

However, if you're trying to build a winner, here are some things to consider:

1) 3 years in the league and not a lot of growth - although he did switch shooting hands,
    2) he is due for an extension this summer or new contract after next year - Favors money is what he is likely looking for,
    3) how much more of an improvement is he over Amir? PP? 'Bro?
    4) 3 years removed from the #4 pick, what is the cost likely to be?

On its own, I'd say no unless you're trading one of Novak/Fields/Hayes and a 2nd round pick for him.

Now if you include #9 and Memphis 2015 pick along with TT, then I say give them DeRozan.

He is a PF, if he was a centre then I would be all over him.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

While he did some things this year that make me think he still is getting better (increased FT percentage by 9), he really dropped off in the shot blocking and steals categories. If he was coming in as a 23 year old defensive stopper who is not a liability on offense, I would be intrigued, but he seems to have lost his defensive potential.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He's a double double machine, can play consistent minutes, and has improved his WS/48 every year (and is above average). If you can get him for a low cost, no question.

If you're coughing up more than our 20 and expirings, you have to question the fit. Can't really shoot, so might be an issue for Jonas' developing post game.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          He's a double double machine, can play consistent minutes, and has improved his WS/48 every year (and is above average). If you can get him for a low cost, no question.

If you're coughing up more than our 20 and expirings, you have to question the fit. Can't really shoot, so might be an issue for Jonas' developing post game.
          Could he play backup center?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
            Could he play backup center?
            Not happily, I don't think. He's been playing 30+ minutes a game in CLE. And we'd need to re-sign him after next year, so it might matter.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Absolutely no point to make a trade for TT.

Comment

I'd rather trade for Bennett. Way better fit.
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                  I'd rather trade for Bennett. Way better fit.
                  But a way shittier player so far lol
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I would imagine Cleveland is desperately trying to make the playoffs and is trying to make Kyrie happy. Tristan doesn't do anything for our team because he's not a major upgrade in talent.

If Cleveland wants veteran talent... I wonder what they would do if they were offered Amir/TH/20 for TT/Gee/9
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ovxpcpd

Would they be willing to sacrifice 11 spots in the draft for some immediate veteran talent? Probably not. Amir despite being a good player would probably still have a fairly low market value.

Comment

I think acquiring Thompson would be a lateral move. He's no better than Amir is right now so there's a chance the team even takes a step backwards when you factor in what they'd lose going back the other way. There's no debating the disappointment that Cleveland has been, but I don't think TT has much to do with in the eyes of the decision makers there. The Cavs will be looking to move a lot of guys before they start giving Thompson away for little return.

Comment

TT plays PF but he is really an undersized C
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

*Yawn*

Comment

I rather have Ed Davis

Comment

No, he is a Scrub.

Comment

Working...
                              X