No announcement yet.

Tear It Down or Rebuild On The Fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, Hayward looks more like a contract I'd take in return for also getting some assets rather than an actual target.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      There have been a few posters who have floated the idea of trying to get Hayward out of Boston. So lets say thats a recovery vector.

Hayward is a poor mans Kawhi Leonard. He is a strong wing player that can get his own shot. He can or could make 3's. He can get inside but not with the force Leonard did. He is a decent to good passer. He isn't the defensive player that Leonard is. .. Hell who is ?. BUt he gives you back that "kinda piece" that Leonard played but at roughtly 70 to 80% of what Kawhi did. Which is pretty fucking good.

So what would it cost to try to get him if slime merchant extraordinaire Danny Ainge finds himself at Christmas time with Tatum and Brown making huge strides and still a gaping whole in the bigs department in Chowderville ? A hole that if patched could get them to a contending spot in the East and get to the finals. ?

Its a leading question... but lets say Ainge wants to or sees he can get to the ECF and beyond.... Would he entertain a Gasol for Hayward trade.. He would but its not enough... the Raps would have to sweeten it... So the sweetner might be OG on a low cost deal or perhaps yet another 1st round pick. Lets say that Masai says yes... but to two second round picks....We would get Hayward under contract for this year only as he has a PO in 2020
      So it happens even with the pitfalls. Raps are in.

The Line up then looks like

Serge / Boucher / Hernandez / Moreland
      Pascal / Stanley Johnson
      Hayward / OG / Hollis Jefferson
      Norm / Meeks / Miller / Lllyod
      Kyle / Freddy....

Maybe enough to win a spot in the ECF i'd say....but its also a deep team.... If you could add that greek guy in a years time... and Hayward stays... then things look promising....

Yes.. I am day drinking.
      Clearly. Don't see why the chowderheads would do this.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Ugh, Hayward looks more like a contract I'd take in return for also getting some assets rather than an actual target.
        Not sure thats how Ainge is viewing what he has....but worth noting that Haywards value may not be as high as believed.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

I actually think they might leap at the chance, and I think the sweetener goes the other way.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

What makes you say no to this one ?
            Its a thought.. but not a tenforthewin type trade...
            Can you share why your in the negative on it...
            - TGO

Comment

I actually think they might leap at the chance, and I think the sweetener goes the other way.
              Fair.. can you share from your view.. how this might play out ?
              - TGO

Comment

There have been a few posters who have floated the idea of trying to get Hayward out of Boston. So lets say thats a recovery vector.

Hayward is a poor mans Kawhi Leonard. He is a strong wing player that can get his own shot. He can or could make 3's. He can get inside but not with the force Leonard did. He is a decent to good passer. He isn't the defensive player that Leonard is. .. Hell who is ?. BUt he gives you back that "kinda piece" that Leonard played but at roughtly 70 to 80% of what Kawhi did. Which is pretty fucking good.

So what would it cost to try to get him if slime merchant extraordinaire Danny Ainge finds himself at Christmas time with Tatum and Brown making huge strides and still a gaping whole in the bigs department in Chowderville ? A hole that if patched could get them to a contending spot in the East and get to the finals. ?

Its a leading question... but lets say Ainge wants to or sees he can get to the ECF and beyond.... Would he entertain a Gasol for Hayward trade.. He would but its not enough... the Raps would have to sweeten it... So the sweetner might be OG on a low cost deal or perhaps yet another 1st round pick. Lets say that Masai says yes... but to two second round picks....We would get Hayward under contract for this year only as he has a PO in 2020
                So it happens even with the pitfalls. Raps are in.

The Line up then looks like

Serge / Boucher / Hernandez / Moreland
                Pascal / Stanley Johnson
                Hayward / OG / Hollis Jefferson
                Norm / Meeks / Miller / Lllyod
                Kyle / Freddy....

Maybe enough to win a spot in the ECF i'd say....but its also a deep team.... If you could add that greek guy in a years time... and Hayward stays... then things look promising....

Yes.. I am day drinking.
                To make it work you’d need to throw in Norm or someone else making around 10 a year. I think it would have to be Norm.

Comment

• Ainge isn't known for coughing up picks to erase mistakes. Leveraging picks is important to his game plan buts it centers around adding highly talented players from teams eager to sell.

Comment

What makes you say no to this one ?
                    Its a thought.. but not a tenforthewin type trade...
                    Can you share why your in the negative on it...
                    Sorry, I do think it's a good idea. I just don't see Boston making a move like that with us.

Comment

Not sure thats how Ainge is viewing what he has....but worth noting that Haywards value may not be as high as believed.
                      My only point on this trade would be that it is very difficult to get something like this done in your own division. I frankly have no idea how Boston views Hayward or what promises they have made him but that Celtics front office has had lots of opportunities to do things and hasn't pulled the trigger much. I don't think it's a bad idea per se, just not sure the dynamics involved allow it to be made.

Comment

• Let's just somehow hope that lebron screws it up with Davis in an Alpha fight-fest in LA and Anthony ops out. Bring him here in 2020 and Giannis in for 2021 >>>screw lebron and Kawhi's plans!

Then Kawhi can demand a trade out of LA back to Toronto and

Comment

• We keep talking about saving up our cap room for 2021 because there aren't many good free agents in 2020. That's probably the right plan. But having the same cap space in 2020 could come in handy in a different way. We've sort of proven that we're more likely to get a star from a trade, rather than free agency. Not sure who I would have in mind but maybe there will be a star that wants out that we can take into our 2020 cap space. It's happened before

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            We keep talking about saving up our cap room for 2021 because there aren't many good free agents in 2020. That's probably the right plan. But having the same cap space in 2020 could come in handy in a different way. We've sort of proven that we're more likely to get a star from a trade, rather than free agency. Not sure who I would have in mind but maybe there will be a star that wants out that we can take into our 2020 cap space. It's happened before
                            This is true. But we also are lined up to have about 80M in cap room in 2020 right now, so we can use a whole lot of that and still have a max slot leftover.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This is true. But we also are lined up to have about 80M in cap room in 2020 right now, so we can use a whole lot of that and still have a max slot leftover.
                              As the song goes, I believe in Masai. Get star x in 2019/20 to pair with Pascal and OG and get star y in 2021..then get the chip again

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

As the song goes, I believe in Masai. Get star x in 2019/20 to pair with Pascal and OG and get star y in 2021..then get the chip again
                                Tough to sign a star in 2021 if you do so in 2020.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X