Tear It Down or Rebuild On The Fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post

The Clips gave up all of that draft loot and Shai for a possible 2 yr. stint of Leonard & George? Well now! No guarantees what those boys will do in '21.
    I don't see him leaving LA. The biggest free agent get the Raptors have had in their history is probably Hedo Turkoglu. Let's not set the bar of expectations too high here.

It looks like he did this shorter deal to set up the super max in two years with a risk hedge on the 3rd year player option.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Well...if we're clearing cap room for 2021, here's another free agent we can add to the list of targets..

scenes when the raptors sign giannis and leonard in 2021 LOL

Comment

• Yeah I was more surprised about the 4 year contract when it was first announced. The 2+1 makes more sense for him. He gets to get to 10 years and then gets 35% of the cap in his next deal. And he can sign that with any team, not just the incumbent team.

I think he's going to be in LA until he retires. The hope was he'd give us the 2+1 deal and chase that super max in 2 years with LA then.. but c'est la vie.

Comment

• Who is running this show? (yes, uncle Dennis, but still). This is hilarious and getting funnier by the second. Even if it all works out for them this is priceless

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I don't see him leaving LA. The biggest free agent get the Raptors have had in their history is probably Hedo Turkoglu. Let's not set the bar of expectations too high here.

It looks like he did this shorter deal to set up the super max in two years with a risk hedge on the 3rd year player option.
            Um... I wasn't thinking Raptors in my post. Not going to spend the next 2 yrs. doting on any expectations for KL or PG or .... my point was that the Clips were probably caught with their pants down at this change of contractual demand. I think that is PG's timeline as well. Surely their calculus was getting KL for 4. with some of their picks out there in 23-24. No guarantees.
            Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jul 10, 2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Would you consider Gasol, Powell, and 2 first round picks for Westbrook? Not sure that OKC would take that, but I wouldn’t want to move off of OG or Siakam.

if we can pair Westbrook and Kyle, OG, Siakam and Serg. I think that would be a contender to get out of the East. Matching up with Philly would be tough without Gasol though.

Comment

• The only issue with getting Westbrook, is what do we do with Kyle and Serg in the off-season. If we lose them, we are stuck with Westbrook at 35% of the cap and Siakams Extension. I don’t think we can do much to improve the team around those guys and we don’t have (2 draft picks) draft pics.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

scenes when the raptors sign giannis and leonard in 2021 LOL
                  Yes but with 1 caveat for Kawhi: Don't bring Uncle Dennis with you.

Comment

• Never mind Westbrook’s deal is only 2 more years. I would pull the trigger and resign Kyle and Serg. On expensive one year deals in the off season

Comment

• If I’m the Raps I go for it with 2 years left. It’s a short experiment

Comment

• 2021 should be interesting. Giannis, Kahwi, George and Lebron available? I'm sure there's more.

Comment

• I wonder what was really on the table between OKC and Toronto. The more I think about it the more I have a hard time believing Masai turned down an offer to add both Westbrook and George. It's so difficult acquiring one star much less two. Love Siakam, but that move would have kept Kawhi in Toronto and Raptors would be looking at multiple championships.

Comment

• And it’s not really that long
                            of commitment. But if the were asking for 4 daft picks. That takes us to 2026 that’s a long time to owe a team when the players could leave in 2021

also PR wise. Kyle would have had to be traded. That doesn’t look good if the guy just
                            helped us to a championship. Firing/trading demar and Casey the year before was bad enough
                            Last edited by saints91; Wed Jul 10, 2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• But if Westbrook is 2 draft picks and Gasol or Serg. and Norm... they have to look at it. If the market is actually dry as it sounds and he wants out. That could be okay compensation. At worst they pry OG away (who I don’t want to give up)

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                I wonder what was really on the table between OKC and Toronto. The more I think about it the more I have a hard time believing Masai turned down an offer to add both Westbrook and George. It's so difficult acquiring one star much less two. Love Siakam, but that move would have kept Kawhi in Toronto and Raptors would be looking at multiple championships.
                                I am sorry but we are guessing here that Kawhi would have signed here. I think he really wanted to go back to LA. Imagine Masai dealing with Presti and then KL/Uncle Dennis reneges. They just pulled a U on the Clips.

Comment

Working...
                                X