X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

I imagine ownership wants one (my money is Gasol) traded before the season, with everyone else shopped during the year. Thing is, the three big contracts arent great sizes for an in season trade, FVV and Powell are much more manageable sized figures.

With the size in the west Boston likely needs an upgrade at center, maybe they swap Hayward for Gasol?
    Yeah someone else suggested this. I think it'd be a good idea if they're willing to give us a pick. Gives us some wing playmaking for the year, which we sorely need as well.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied

I imagine ownership wants one (my money is Gasol) traded before the season, with everyone else shopped during the year. Thing is, the three big contracts arent great sizes for an in season trade, FVV and Powell are much more manageable sized figures.

With the size in the west Boston likely needs an upgrade at center, maybe they swap Hayward for Gasol?
    Not so sure.. they are out of the luxury tax .. or any tax right now....no pressure to make any kind of knee jerk deal. That would be so colangelo. Boston isn't giving up on their opaque star right now.... they just had two guys say fuck off to Ainge and walk.... Ainge needs Hayward to show this year or he gets whacked for squandering a Rockefeller type fortune for nothing.

To me.. you put the best team on the floor with what you have right now to put bums in ACC seats... There is plenty of time to see what comes up at the trade deadine and if it works in your favour.. if not.. you can pass on those opptys and get to the draft where you have your first this year and a gazillion dollars of upcoming cap space in the off season to work with....Masai has proved adept at managing his opportunities.

On face value you can't replace leonard... you just can't this year....unless Giannas demands a trade to the Danforth which is unlikely as they see a path to the finals ... So your left to play it out.. patience is a virtue when you have options...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Don't think they will blow it up. Could see Gasol and or Ibaka being moved to a contender at some point. Curious to see where Lowry's head is at. Does he ask for a trade to a contender?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    I go after Bradley Beal..he has one year contract left, wouldn't have 2 give up alot..go for it,back 2 back prove that u can win win without star, which is tough..I'm still pissed he left, really sucks..this is 2 soon for this thread 😔

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Let's trade for Wiggins

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Pretty much what I've been thinking. MLSE won't want a rebuild after a good run so they'll trot out basically the same team, have an OK/decent season and drop out to Philly or the Bucks. Get rid of the aging overpaid veterans and go all in for Giannis + another max. If the miss out there, it's gonna be a long long decade.

Reminds me of the Jays and winding down with Jose, Edwin and Donaldson. Waited too long and now they're garbage again.
    At least we got the chip ....

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    I wouldn't go full tank, but I would try to trade 1, 2 or all 3 of Marc, Kyle and Serge and stockpile some assets for when another superstar trade opens up.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Don't think they will blow it up. Could see Gasol and or Ibaka being moved to a contender at some point. Curious to see where Lowry's head is at. Does he ask for a trade to a contender?

Leave a comment:

• can't teach wingspan
    replied
    I have to think that a lot of Nurse's experimentation during the past regular season will be useful this upcoming season. A full tank doesn't make sense when you have to try to out tank the Knicks/Hornets/Wizards/Cavs, etc.

I expect a big leap from Siakam and Van Vleet; significant jumps from Powell and Anunoby. I think Hernandez will play with a lot to prove. I can't imagine Ibaka will want to come off the bench anymore, so I imagine either he or Gasol is moved. Between the two, I imagine Gasol gets traded.

I'm expecting a gap year with a playoffs appearance. I imagine if the Bucks flame out in the playoffs to Philly, Giannis will be more likely to look for greener pastures.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    You cannot win without a super star in this league. It was always obvious but last season definitely proved that too. Masai has to be looking at Giannis as his next whale. So that means ensuring we have cap space in 2021. That year has a lot of whales actually.

We are not a free agent destination generally but you need cap space to play. Having cap space in 2020 doesn't help anyone but makes you mediocre as you'll be chasing guys that aren't chip worthy.

Ideally what I would like to see is Masai keep this team going this year.. than in 2020 try to get guys locked in on 1+1 deals. If not than let them walk and just do what the Nets did last year. Try your best with Pascal/OG and maybe Fred for a year and see how far they get.

The other option is to trade for a star.. but the value for a star has gone up exponentially. PG isn't even a top 5 guy in the league.. was traded for 6 picks, a prospect and a decent pseudo-all star on an expiring contract. Davis was traded for a huge package as well.

Collecting picks and prospects and hoping they turn into something takes a LONG time. Masai has patience, but I don't think tanking is the solution or the direction he will take. The team's ultimate goal has to be to get cap space in 2021 and they can retool / try / treadmill (whatever you want to call it) until then.

So I see Masai riding this out this season.. I think our peak will be the 2nd round in the playoffs. There will be guys like Beal and Love that will be dangled in the summer or at the trade dead line.. but they won't be true difference makers and I hope we don't trade for them.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

I'm not sure Westbrook will be in OKC much longer. Could see them trading him now.
    Where do you think Russ and his ~40M$ AAV for 4 more years goes ?

To add naptha to the fire... his last year is worth 47M$ for a guy who has seen Kevin Durant and Paul George leave town on his watch.
    I know the Knicks are dumb.. but they are not that dumb.

I think OKC is stuck with him for 3 more years.
    Just like Houston is stuck with an aging Chris Paul and the Wizards are stuck with John Wall.

So what are your thoughts on who has the cap space to absorb a 40M$ deal that is a ball hogging point guard away from a championship.

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Yeah, future Knick.
    lol dude without Kyle, Ibaka and Gasol, we are the knicks... #WETHEKNICKS

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

How good does the draft compensation have to be to take back Wiggins for one of those guys? Id be interested in getting underperforming guys into Raps culture to see what happens.

Id really like to find a way to trade for Ben Simmons, he really doesnt fit with Philly unless he gets a lot better, we have the time and flexibility to build around him however. It probably takes an intermediate trade or two, cause I dont see the pieces yet, but boy that would be fun.
    No way we're getting a Rich Paul client.
    Ben will end up a Laker.

Plus he's a flawed superstar, I see him as just a bigger Russ.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    I could see a mixture of both.

Depending on how Wiggins and Nurse gel this summer with Canada, I could see a trade where we send out some expiring contracts say Serge and whomever else makes the money work for Wiggins and a Draft pick.

Then potentially you could try to pry Beal away from the Wizards at the trade deadline for an expiring contract or two Gasol FVV? Hopefully you get a pick back in that as well. Wizards are in Cap hell, Masai got picks for Barnagni.

Not as good as we had last year but young.

Regardless of what happens, thank god we have Masai.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's in Masai's character or MLSE's bank account desires to tear it down.
    And who would take Lowry's ($35+M!) Gasols and Serge's contracts excpet as expiring and what do you get for that?

The Raps don't really need a bunch of draft picks alone; they need players with upside and tenure to line up with Pascal and OG. Siakam is about to get (over)paid as well.
    How good does the draft compensation have to be to take back Wiggins for one of those guys? Id be interested in getting underperforming guys into Raps culture to see what happens.

Id really like to find a way to trade for Ben Simmons, he really doesnt fit with Philly unless he gets a lot better, we have the time and flexibility to build around him however. It probably takes an intermediate trade or two, cause I dont see the pieces yet, but boy that would be fun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X