The 7 Stages of Kawhi Grief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Was Masai ever in on Paul George? OKC's price was really high.. but we had the capital. We had the picks that LAC had. We had some young talent too (like OG) and cap filler to make a trade work (like Serge on an expiring deal). If we "stole" George from OKC, would Kawhi have stayed? Or was he leaving anyway?

I'm comfortable with the decision Masai made, but I wonder if it was the right move. We could have built a bit of a dynasty here if we had PG, Kawhi and a big chunk of our core from last year.
    Apparently if we put Pascal on the table, we could've had Westbrook + PG13 + Kawhi for the next 3-4 years ... apparently. In some parallel universe, Raptors fans are gearing up for an exciting season.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Apparently if we put Pascal on the table, we could've had Westbrook + PG13 + Kawhi for the next 3-4 years ... apparently. In some parallel universe, Raptors fans are gearing up for an exciting season.
      LOL.. I know OKC wanted to trade both and got their wish.. but LA was able to get PG without Russ, and didn't have to give up a prospect as good as Siakam to do it.

I suspect Masai felt like Kawhi didn't want to come to Toronto even if he pulled a similar deal, so just bailed.

Comment

I've moved on a long time ago(a week after he made the decision). You guys should too. This is insane.
        What it do baybeeee!!

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I have nothing but respect for Kawhi, and what he accomplished this season. However, more than anything else I do not want to see him win a championship this season with the Clippers. I do not want the story to be that Kawhi can go anywhere and win. Raptors put a darn good team around him to win that title.
          If he wins a championship with the Clippers this year he's going to be put in the same breath as LeBron and Jordan and Bird and Magic.

Kawhi has all the potential in the world to go down as one of the top 10 greatest players ever.
          What it do baybeeee!!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Some inference that that wasn't really a possibility and Toronto was just being used as negotiating leverage. Now if that was "not a possibility" because the other teams weren't seriously considering it or because Masai wouldn't actually do it, I'm not sure. I have a hard time seeing Masai not being willing to pull the trigger on that, though. He's shown he'll take home run swings when the team is knocking on the door.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Some inference that that wasn't really a possibility and Toronto was just being used as negotiating leverage. Now if that was "not a possibility" because the other teams weren't seriously considering it or because Masai wouldn't actually do it, I'm not sure. I have a hard time seeing Masai not being willing to pull the trigger on that, though. He's shown he'll take home run swings when the team is knocking on the door.
              How does that Westbrook + PG trade even work salary-wise? You have get rid of some combination of Lowry, Gasol & Ibaka along with Siakam and maybe even FVV or Powell. With Westbrook incoming, Lowry going out is almost a must. This, after trading DeMar, Jakob, JV, Delon & Miles in the same season. I wonder if Masai felt that would make the organization look way too ruthless and having no loyalty whatsoever to the players who just delivered a championship.

Comment

Masai originally got Kawhi (and Green) for not much - DeMar's 2 year contract, Poeltl and the #29th pick the in the draft.

LAC gave up 4 unprotected firsts, 1 protected first, and 2 pick swaps with SGA and Gallo. And George only has 2 years left on his deal.

Kawhi also only signed a 2 year deal. Paul and Kawhi want to live in LA not Toronto. I don't think Masai was willing to give up a package that big for two guys that will probably leave in 2 years. So he bailed. Probably rightfully so.

I mean I would love two more legit cracks at a championship, creating a dynasty on the way. But Masai is protecting our future by not giving up all our picks for essentially a 2 year window. I don't blame him.

Comment

quality content. i guess im near the later stages, nearly realized but... when i see him in a clippers uniform I secretly hope they don't win at all so he realizes Toronto had a better supporting cast....i just can't route for the clips.

with all that said! will embrace kawhi as the saviour till the end of time. he should get the biggest ovation ever seen anytime he steps foot in toronto. he's never coming back to play here, he gave it his all when he could've mailed it in to walk away in off season.
                  Last edited by koncept; Sat Sep 21st, 2019, 07:40 AM.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Hope the Clippers lose. Are we sure PG and Kawhi will be completely healthy?

Comment

Theres also rumors that Masai let the Thunder use the Raptors for leverage because:

A. Hes furious that the clippers tampered and wanted to screw the Clippers as much as possible and deplete their team.
                      B. He is boys with the Thunder GM

Comment

are we really still talking about this?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post

Perhaps it's the 7th and final stage?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post

My man we are still talking about how Carter, T-Mac, and Bosh left this team. Strap yourself in, this ride'll last years.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                            X