Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 7 Stages of Kawhi Grief

Here is the grief model we call the 7 Stages of Kawhi Grief:
    • 1/ SHOCK & DENIAL- You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. This can't be happening.
    • 2/ PAIN & GUILT- Was it me, was it him, what could we have done to prevent this?
    • 3/ ANGER & BARGAINING- KA-WHYYYY? We offered you EVERYTHING!
    • 4/ "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS- Will we ever win again, we won't ever win again, no one understands.
    • 5/ THE UPWARD TURN- We still the Champs, we make the playoffs and anything can happen again
    • 6/ RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH- Lots of cap space coming, build around Pascal and OG and go all in for Giannis and another stud.
    • 7/ ACCEPTANCE & HOPE- In Masai We Trust!
    I'm past stage 1, skipped stage 2 and am firmly in stage 3. Somewhere between anger/disappointment and depression

WHAT STAGE ARE YOU IN?

No longer Zen calm but Dead calm ....

There's summer league game at 12. Is that a stage?
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I understand Kawhi's decision.
      But he could have done us a favor by doing a sign and trade to the Clippers.
      We would take anything rather than in end up with nothing.

Comment

i watched this team when they had fucking aroujo. we're still in the good times.

would have been nice if leonard stayed but evidently he's not the guy we wanted him to be - which i'm sure spurs fans would willingly attest to.

someday we'll get our canadian superstar who'll come home.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
          who does S&T anymore
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            i watched this team when they had fucking aroujo. we're still in the good times.

would have been nice if leonard stayed but evidently he's not the guy we wanted him to be - which i'm sure spurs fans would willingly attest to.

I'd prefer Murray over Wiggins.

Comment

I'd prefer Murray over Wiggins.
              that goes without saying lol

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                There's summer league game at 12. Is that a stage?
                I think that means you're in 6. Or still in denial

Comment

I actually hate the sign and trade. It feels more like we're doing him a favour and he gets everything he wants by leaving.

Comment

What stage is it when you start to think having a great exec is not enough, because increasingly every year this is a league where the superstars work their own way (FA or trade requests) to the NBA's most desirable markets? And you know that for most players, Toronto is no such market?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...rs/1663705001/
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I'd take a few international superstars as well as a Canadian. Don't really care too much about nationality except Americans evidently don't want to come/stay here.

I kinda envy Dallas with Luka and Zinger, they'll be fun to watch if healthy

Comment

RJ Barrett when he gets tired of the dumpster fire that is the Knicks.

Comment

POLL:

Statues -

Masai yes, Kawhi yes?
                          Masai yes, Kawhi no?
                          No statues for you!

Comment

The way I look at the personnel decisions over the past year or so

- Had Masai not made the gamble and traded for Kawhi, Raptors probably wouldn't have won the championship with KL/DD - they likely don't get past the 76ers in the 2nd round, and everyone would be clamouring to blow things up this offseason

- Had the Raptors played the Warriors with a fully healthy Thompson and Durant the entire series, there's a greater than zero chance that the Warriors would've won the championship. Raptors fans would applaud the step forward, be mildly disappointed in the fact that Kawhi headed back to LA, and

So what does this leave Raptors' fans with: First, it leaves them with a championship trophy, it also means that the Raptors will have a very good likely-playoff bound team for next year (would guess that the Raptors end up with a similar record next year, with home court in the first round. With the current roster (again, not set in stone that this will be the roster on Opening Night), the team's offensive approach will likely involve lots of ball movement / transition / and 3's - the biggest iso players in DeRozan and Kawhi no longer on the roster - Pascal will probably be the big ISO player next year. It might not produce success in the playoffs, but will make for entertaining games.

I'm not going to cheer Kawhi, I'm not going to boo/jeer him either - but will take a bit of smug satisfaction at the glaring spotlight that will be on him from US media over the next year and a bit. He's going to face incessant questions from the media about his decision, they're going to bring up the San Antonio situation over and over, and it's going to be a lot more of a circus than it was in Toronto, because the US media isn't going to be spending all its time fellating Golden State next year.

Comment

I'm 44

Comment

Working...
                              X