No announcement yet.

The 7 Stages of Kawhi Grief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty angry and hurt last night. We did everything we could for this guy. I dont believe he was ever truly considering us and we got a little strung along.

my gf had an insteresting theory. What if he was planning on returning, thru the parade and the "ha ha ha" and Niagara falls and cargo jet and all of it, but got turned off when he came for the meeting and had fucking paparazzi helicopters and nutcases waiting at the hotel? It certainly seems like he did a lot of thinking still even post July 3rd..

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I was pretty angry and hurt last night. We did everything we could for this guy. I dont believe he was ever truly considering us and we got a little strung along.

my gf had an insteresting theory. What if he was planning on returning, thru the parade and the "ha ha ha" and Niagara falls and cargo jet and all of it, but got turned off when he came for the meeting and had fucking paparazzi helicopters and nutcases waiting at the hotel? It certainly seems like he did a lot of thinking still even post July 3rd..

He gave Clippers and Raptors same instructions. He wanted a second star. Clippers did it. Masai wouldn't do it or couldn't do it. He just waited to see if Clippers complete the trade.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Fuck Ballmer and the Clippers.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I sincerely doubt the media/fans had anything to do with it at all.

In retrospect, as much as we wanted to believe otherwise, I think the order was Clippers and then Raptors, depending on who who show him the best path forward ie pick up another star or show him the path to another star next year. I bet he told both the Clips and Raps that if they could land Paul George (maybe it was Durant before), he would follow.

But I don't think there is any doubt that his heart was in California and it was an uphill task for Masai who ultimately wouldn't pay the required price to OKC.

Need I remind you why athletes might want to go/stay in LA? I'm surprised Miami doesn't have a better team every year.
          What number was Kawhi Leonard again

Comment

The Clippers

Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't know the Raptors were ever much of an option. Maybe if the two LA teams really effed up. Kawhi wanted to go home.

He was so careful with his words all year long. He focused on himself, his own path. I don't think he strung anyone along.

Now Paul George - one year ago re-signed with all kinds of nice words about OKC and unfinished business. Gets sweet talked into a trade request one year later. So much for bucking the trend of small market vs bright lights, that didn't last long.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                Fuck Ballmer and the Clippers.
                Adam Silver:
                "And this is how you'll get Kawhi away from that foreign team north of the border"

Ballmer:
                "bwahahahahahahahahahahaha"

Comment

Step 1: Watch Raptors win championship.
                  Step 2: Who cares, they won.

We still have Masai. No worries.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We just won a championship... if you asked me last year:

1. Kawhi stays one year and we win.

2. We lose in 2019, but Kawhi will stay for 2 more years.

I'm taking 1 every time.

Comment

Tampering works

Comment

Has Kawhi said anything yet? I'm on vacation not checking my phone
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I went from #1 to #7, skipping all the in between. Came to terms with shortly after the trade.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Tampering works
                            No team would ever do it but it would be awesome for OKC to make the trade and then sue Leonard for tortious interference with a contract. Not sure if the CBA prohibits such a thing but maybe it shouldn’t. Maybe if New Orleans finds out the Lakers are conspiring to have Davis terminate a contract they should be able to sue. Something is going to have be done about this or Silver is going to have an owners revolt at some point.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

No team would ever do it but it would be awesome for OKC to make the trade and then sue Leonard for tortious interference with a contract. Not sure if the CBA prohibits such a thing but maybe it shouldn’t. Maybe if New Orleans finds out the Lakers are conspiring to have Davis terminate a contract they should be able to sue. Something is going to have be done about this or Silver is going to have an owners revolt at some point.
                              Yup. This year teams were tampering *even in public* like never before.

Comment

Hes right.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X