Everything Stanley Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post

There was an extenuating circumstance for that ... if I remember correctly ... trying to ensure Steve Nash would not sign with the Knicks. I forget the actual mechanics behind it all. Of course Nash signed neither with NY nor the Raps.... and the Raps were stuck with Fields.
    And it wasn't actually for that much money. If it hadn't been for the nerve thingy it would have been fine.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

And it wasn't actually for that much money. If it hadn't been for the nerve thingy it would have been fine.
      Full disclosure: I was a LF fan ... he had good pedigree at Stanford and was a decent/good 2 way player ...and then as you say.... got touched by BC

Comment

• An underreported story on Fields is that in spite of his hilariously bad shooting because of the elbow injury, he was still a functional defensive wing, and his being benched for one John Salmons is reasons 1 through 10 why the Raptors lost to the Nets in that glorious first year of this run and I will never forgive Casey for that, nor stop bringing this up over and over again.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Full disclosure: I was a LF fan ... he had good pedigree at Stanford and was a decent/good 2 way player ...and then as you say.... got touched by BC
          I've always kind of regretted that we missed out on the full Landry Fields Experience. I really liked him as a rookie. He got paid a bit much then lost his shot due to injury. Next time J Lin feels hard done by in his career, he should think of guys like his old buddy Fields. Would actually be kind of tough to know you're good enough for the NBA and have it cut short by injury. Would have to move past the life long What if?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I've always kind of regretted that we missed out on the full Landry Fields Experience. I really liked him as a rookie. He got paid a bit much then lost his shot due to injury. Next time J Lin feels hard done by in his career, he should think of guys like his old buddy Fields. Would actually be kind of tough to know you're good enough for the NBA and have it cut short by injury. Would have to move past the life long What if?
            Oh boy... right you are... the "what if" conundrum is all over prof. sports ... and actually life itself even for schmucks like us on the forums in all manner of circumstance I am sure!! This was but one up close set of circumstances which have crumbled an athlete's career which we experienced in Toronto. The NBA & NFL are full of them for sure. And some resurrections too .... very happy for Shaun Livingston who just retired, was a great talent coming in and suffered a horrific injury and then persevered to come back still a good player but never his old self. Yeah Landry & Jeremy sharing a couch in NYC ... I remember that. Wonder what LF is doing these days? Should check it out... he was a bright/nice guy.

Comment

• Two things i will always remember about Stanley Johnson. Rookie season playoffs vs cleveland-Said to media he was in Lebron head after game 1, Probably not the smartest thing to say publicly but i love his confidence.
              The 2nd more recent-He probably played the best 1 on 1 defense vs Kawhi i saw the entire previous season in that 1st matchup. Regardless of if he can get anything clicking on offense he has the skills to be an elite defender in this league for a long time to come
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Edit:it seems the codes to insert media are not working anymore Joey

Edited by Joey: It works fine ... if you do it right.
                Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 1, 2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• TEST

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Edit:it seems the codes to insert media are not working anymore Joey

Edited by Joey: It works fine ... if you do it right.
                    Watching Casey celebrate like that... makes me mad. Lol.

Comment

• Lol thanks joey. It seems the youtube code has changed a little.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Watching Casey celebrate like that... makes me mad. Lol.
                        Meh whatever casey earned it. Came back into the building of the franchise that fired him and stole a game. Nick got the last laugh.

Comment

Lol thanks joey. It seems the youtube code has changed a little.
                          No problem. And nope, just copy the base Youtube link, and put [ video] [/video] around it (minus the unnecessary space). Still the same.

Comment

Meh whatever casey earned it. Came back into the building of the franchise that fired him and stole a game. Nick got the last laugh.

Yeah. That regular season win in Toronto was Casey's SuperBowl. If that's the karmic price for winning the championship.... let Casey win again this year! Casey is all about those regular season wins.

Hey, Dwane: Tell me how my chip taste?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah. That regular season win in Toronto was Casey's SuperBowl. If that's the karmic price for winning the championship.... let Casey win again this year! Casey is all about those regular season wins.

None of those three championships were achieved by that fraud, just got lucky once to be in that Mavs team... As an assistant...
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I thought about that quote during our finals run.

theres 0 chance dwane was happy for his old coworkers and players, there is 100% chance the overwhelming emotion when we won was him thinking "that should've/couldve/wouldve" been me
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X