No announcement yet.

Everything Stanley Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We remain super solid at the 3 spot, balance with enough shooting (which we basically already have) and we’ll win a lot of games.

I’ll take it!

Comment

At least the f/o did not go into a prolonged slumber after the Kawhi flyby. They were looking for a Kawhi-lite ... defense first wing. Now work on/coach his offense. Wished the 2nd year was a team option in case he shows very well.

Comment

Heard about this signing... the one thing that really intrigued me the most was that it was a player option in that second year and not a team option.. that means that Bobby/Masai are okay to eat into the cap space into 2020. I bet Pascal gets his extension as well now.

Comment

I'm seeing a lineup of

Lowry, Johnson, OG, Siakam, Gasol

FVV, Thomas, Boucher, Ibaka...

and I'm okay with it. 50 win team and win another Chip (if every star on every team we face goes down with a catastrophic injury)
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I’m imagining lineups more like:
            Lowry
            FVV
            OG
            Stan
            Pascal

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I’m imagining lineups more like:
              Lowry
              FVV
              OG
              Stan
              Pascal
              I don't like FVV at the 2. I'd rather he come off the bench. If we want him starting it's time to move on from Kyle. I don't want to do that either, so I'd rather start norm or Stanley Johnson.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

I don't like FVV at the 2. I'd rather he come off the bench. If we want him starting it's time to move on from Kyle. I don't want to do that either, so I'd rather start norm or Stanley Johnson.
                FVV needs to play with at least 3 good players. He's not a true PG and he can't elevate a bench... opposite, in fact. By the end of the playoffs, his optimal role was clear: a 5-10 starting shooting guard.

Comment

They’ll try and get a starting shooting guard. Johnson will be a back up 3. Unless he beats out OG which I doubt he does.

I’ll have a hard time seeing Serg. Taking a bench role with this team. It’s different when you are a legit contender.

Comment

Avery Bradley is out there. We still have roughly 8mil to play with. Any takers?

Comment

FVV really needs to be out against an opposing small guard. Steph was actually a perfect match up, a lot of running around but undersized and not at all physical (just have to fight the screens).

We may see Powell start some. There'll still be some fun lineup combinations, I'd like to see Lowry/OG/Siakam/Ibaka/Gasol actually.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

OG or Siakam are not a good fit at the 2. If anyone can do it it’s Siakam but I don’t think it’s the best way to use the roster.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                          Avery Bradley is out there. We still have roughly 8mil to play with. Any takers?
                          8 mill? Cap space? You sure?

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

Clearly not the starting lineup.

Comment

According to our Salary Cap thread

Comment

My understanding is that there is no cap space, but still have the MLE which is about that much. Tomato/toe-matt-ow

Comment

Working...
                                X