Everything Stanley Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Thought he'd be battling Miller for back up minutes but Miller is not on NBA level still. It's Stanley's to lose. It's crazy to think he was drafted in 2015 after Raps got swept by Wiz.
    Yea no one on that summer league team looked like a regular rotation NBA player as you said. Miller ain't winning shit. But it is hard to judge some of these guys when they're playing with other crappy players. They would look better playing with the likes of Fred and Pascal and stuff.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post

Yea no one on that summer league team looked like a regular rotation NBA player as you said. Miller ain't winning shit. But it is hard to judge some of these guys when they're playing with other crappy players. They would look better playing with the likes of Fred and Pascal and stuff.
      Yeah summer league is made for combo guards who can create individual offense off the dribble. Not going to read into this too much.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post

True, Alfonzo Mckinnie looked bad last season summer league yet found his niche on another team.

Comment

Johnson may have some untapped potential, but since I saw him in college, I always thought he was mostly an athlete, and though I haven't seen much of him, his numbers aren't inspiring.

Most all of the former lotto picks I would want to take a flier on had already moved though, so I guess Johnson was the best available. Obviously it hurts losing Kawhi, but the timing was as bad as possible, the real free agency period was between the draft and July 1.

Comment

He's only 22. Some guys don't turn pro until now and he's moving into a team with a proven developmental program.

Comment

Young kid which is good, plays D, which I like, bench player, hopefully he surprises me..
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

huh...good vibes from this guy.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

somebody thought he was Patrick McCaw lmao
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    somebody thought he was Patrick McCaw lmao
                    lol Yeah I saw that too, these reporters man, the cringeness have reached new heights lately. it's like "you had ONE job"... Don't even know the name of the person you're interviewing. Stanley took it in stride though, seemed to know quite a bit about the raptors in general already.

Comment

I feel like this guy will be the next most polarizing player here on this forum. If this kid starts to get an offensive game it could be fun to watch. He matches with the rest of our young guys timeline.

A young lineup of:
                      FVV
                      Stanley
                      OG
                      Siakam
                      Boucher/Hernadez
                      Would be a defensive team for sure, offensively we will see.

Comment

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Stanley is getting cooked by Jordan Crawford. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Stanley is getting cooked by Jordan Crawford. lol.
                            In Stanley defense (heh) I don't think they want you to play very physical out there for obvious reasons.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this thread. As was the case last year, many of the young Raptor players have been at the Rico Hines runs this summer. Stanley has been in there building chemistry with his new teammates. If Stanley has get a little consistency with his offence he could be a big part of a valuable bench unit. HEre is some video, Stanley comes in at the 5 min mark. Lost of FVV, Boucher, and Norm in the video as well.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                                Just wanted to bump this thread. As was the case last year, many of the young Raptor players have been at the Rico Hines runs this summer. Stanley has been in there building chemistry with his new teammates. If Stanley has get a little consistency with his offence he could be a big part of a valuable bench unit. HEre is some video, Stanley comes in at the 5 min mark. Lost of FVV, Boucher, and Norm in the video as well.
                                Raptor legend Darrick Martin is part of Rico Hines crew. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X