No announcement yet.

Everything Stanley Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Em-em, that was one very tasty Chip. It's not like Detroit where they have a head coach who's never won a ring calling all the shots himself though.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I thought about that quote during our finals run.

theres 0 chance dwane was happy for his old coworkers and players, there is 100% chance the overwhelming emotion when we won was him thinking "that should've/couldve/wouldve" been me
      Probably wants a ring. Was still taking credit for this team's success in interviews last season.

Glad DeMar has processed things and moved on, maybe Casey will too. Had some good years here & this doesn't need to be an angry-ex relationship.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I think coach's get too much blame/credit in the NBA. If Casey coached last year we probably would have won it all.. I mean he's known to make critical mistakes in the playoffs, but we had a pretty awesome roster last year. I don't think Casey would have f@cked it up too much.

Nurse made his share of mistakes, but got through it okay. Kept Kawhi on the bench for too long in the lone loss to Orlando. He called that dumb timeout against GSW. He rode Fred way too much in the first two rounds (and maybe that was a smart move in hindsight).

Nurse however gave the keys to Pascal, and it worked great. Not sure if Casey would have done the same there. But he might have. Nurse also had that great box-and-1 strategy. Casey relies a lot on his assistants, so maybe something similar would have been employed.

We also didn't have guys like CJ Miles or Bebe that Casey would have gone to. Masai fixed the roster enough to ensure the coach wouldn't mess things up too much.

I'm not 100% convinced that Casey would have lost us a ring if he was there instead of Nurse. But on the other hand I'm really happy that Casey's ego took a hit. He at times was really full of himself.

Comment

• Oh gosh, Casey would 100% have lost in the 2nd round.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I think coach's get too much blame/credit in the NBA. If Casey coached last year we probably would have won it all.. I mean he's known to make critical mistakes in the playoffs, but we had a pretty awesome roster last year. I don't think Casey would have f@cked it up too much.

Nurse made his share of mistakes, but got through it okay. Kept Kawhi on the bench for too long in the lone loss to Orlando. He called that dumb timeout against GSW. He rode Fred way too much in the first two rounds (and maybe that was a smart move in hindsight).

Nurse however gave the keys to Pascal, and it worked great. Not sure if Casey would have done the same there. But he might have. Nurse also had that great box-and-1 strategy. Casey relies a lot on his assistants, so maybe something similar would have been employed.

We also didn't have guys like CJ Miles or Bebe that Casey would have gone to. Masai fixed the roster enough to ensure the coach wouldn't mess things up too much.

I'm not 100% convinced that Casey would have lost us a ring if he was there instead of Nurse. But on the other hand I'm really happy that Casey's ego took a hit. He at times was really full of himself.
            We would've lost in the ECF if we had Casey.

1. How did we beat the Bucks in the ECF? other than Kawhi being great? they used the zone defence on Giannis. They basically shut him down after game 2.

2. The box and 1 defence played a HUGE factor in the finals. Would Casey even have the balls to play a box and 1 defence in a championship series?

3. Nurse should also get a lot of credit for the development of Siakam.

Nurse pushed all the right buttons in the playoffs. He outcoached Clifford, Brown, Bud and Kerr. The only mistake that he really did was calling a timeout in game 5.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think coach's get too much blame/credit in the NBA. If Casey coached last year we probably would have won it all.. I mean he's known to make critical mistakes in the playoffs, but we had a pretty awesome roster last year. I don't think Casey would have f@cked it up too much.

Gasol and Ibaka would have been starting together and Pascal would never have a breakout year. I don't think we would have won with casey. He probably wouldnt have load managed kawhi and went for some sort of regular season win record. We also wouldnt have nick as an assistant as he probably would have got on of the other open jobs last summer, so no box and 1 in the finals.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Em-em, that was one very tasty Chip. It's not like Detroit where they have a head coach who's never won a ring calling all the shots himself though.
                lol. Next time the Pistons play here, somebody needs to give Casey a bag of salt & vinegar chips ..... with dip.

Comment

• Talent > coaching. Imagine PJ without Jordan, Pippen, Shaq or Kobe? Nurse had Kawhi. Casey had DeMar. I think Casey with Kawhi would have gotten us as far. No way to prove it though.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Gasol and Ibaka would have been starting together and Pascal would never have a breakout year. I don't think we would have won with casey. He probably wouldnt have load managed kawhi and went for some sort of regular season win record. We also wouldnt have nick as an assistant as he probably would have got on of the other open jobs last summer, so no box and 1 in the finals.
                    The load management came from Alex/Masai.. Casey would have no say. Remember Kawhi was treated with kid gloves by management, and not the coach. The only question mark is if Pascal would have blossomed. But even under Nurse, OG started a few games at PF over Pascal before he went with Pascal permanently. If Serge was our PF, our backup C would have been Moreland as Masai traded/waived Monroe. So that would have been a risky call. Casey likes to plug and play guys so they know their role. And not having a backup C would screw up his plans. So not sure he'd do that - but I might be giving him too much credit.

Comment

Talent > coaching. Imagine PJ without Jordan, Pippen, Shaq or Kobe? Nurse had Kawhi. Casey had DeMar. I think Casey with Kawhi would have gotten us as far. No way to prove it though.
                      Highly unlikely that Casey gives Pascal the freedom to handle the ball, make mistakes and become our 2nd most important player last year. And then there's all of Nurse's experiments and lineup changes to prepare the team for adjustments on-the-fly in the playoffs. That also doesn't happen under Casey.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Oh gosh, Casey would 100% have lost in the 2nd round.
                        I dunno, the 2nd round was not exactly Nurses shining moment. He played Fred and Norm and an undersized backcourt waaay too much, if not for Kawhi going FULL Michael Jordan and Embiid being some combination of sick and little punk, we were supposed to lose with Nurse too. Nurses best series was the next vs Milwaukee where he came up with a game plan to neutralize the best player in the NBA regular season.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Highly unlikely that Casey gives Pascal the freedom to handle the ball, make mistakes and become our 2nd most important player last year. And then there's all of Nurse's experiments and lineup changes to prepare the team for adjustments on-the-fly in the playoffs. That also doesn't happen under Casey.
                          Casey let Demar handle the ball, make mistakes and become our 2nd most important player. And Casey started Pascal as a Starter. I think Pascal breaks out last year regardless of who the Coach is.

Wait, why are we talking about this in the Stanley Johnson thread? Lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dunno, the 2nd round was not exactly Nurses shining moment. He played Fred and Norm and an undersized backcourt waaay too much, if not for Kawhi going FULL Michael Jordan and Embiid being some combination of sick and little punk, we were supposed to lose with Nurse too. Nurses best series was the next vs Milwaukee where he came up with a game plan to neutralize the best player in the NBA regular season.
                            You are focusing on what mistakes he wouldn't have made, and ignoring that in a series we won by the narrowest of margins, he would 100% certainly have made a far bigger mistake than any Nurse made, along with still making most of the ones Nurse did.

Seriously, look back at Casey's playoff record. Threw the Nets series playing Salmons (not something you'd assume any coach would do), started Hansbrough in the first Wizards series for practically the first time all year (shockingly bad choice), heck, he threw a game in the more recent Wizards series playing Lorenzo freaking Brown for no reason at all, he abandoned a starting lineup that was working in the most recent Cavs sweep throwing that series in the process...

If it was Casey, not only do I think he loses that series against the 76ers, but I'd bet we lose in like 4 or 5 games. That team is better than any opponent he ever beat in the playoffs and there was no margin for the disastrous decisions he'd consistently make.

The reality is, the decisions Nurse gets criticized for in the 76ers series were mostly the right decisions, even with the poor shooting, and Casey doing something different in those cases is as likely to lead to the series loss as a better outcome - leaving aside of course the insane rotation decision he would make to throw away a game or two.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Alright guys, wrong thread. C'mon now. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Alright guys, wrong thread. C'mon now. Lol
                                At least RR is back in full swing again. I should have never posted those stanley johnson defense highlights with a quick shot of casey celebrating the win i should have know better. I think we can offically say the 2019-2020 RR season has kicked off. This is training camp for us too Joey give us a break. We fighting for roster spots
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X