Everything Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Wow, averaged 14/7/2.5 on a decent Nets team in 2017/18. Doesn’t turn 25 until the new year.

i really like the versatility that him and Stanley bring. Allows us to go small and fast or big and defensive. Looking pretty new-school at the 4 now after being a bit shallow there last season (with OG’s struggles).
    Just gotta pray they can somehow improve on their shooting. Which is pretty abysmal.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Just gotta pray they can somehow improve on their shooting. Which is pretty abysmal.
      Yeah, you pretty much can't play them at the 3 unless they can take it up a notch (no hope for RHJ I don't think, but Stanley is a little closer)... although our PF (Pascal) and Centers being competent behind the arc helps.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Yeah, you pretty much can't play them at the 3 unless they can take it up a notch (no hope for RHJ I don't think, but Stanley is a little closer)... although our PF (Pascal) and Centers being competent behind the arc helps.
        Assuming the roster is almost intact as it stands, if you had FVV/Thomas/Ibaka/RHJ/Johnson as the bench, you probably have just enough shooting to make it work as long as Serge knocks down shots. Lowry/Powell/OG/Siakam/Gasol likely has just enough as well.....

But who knows what it all looks like in November.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Assuming the roster is almost intact as it stands, if you had FVV/Thomas/Ibaka/RHJ/Johnson as the bench, you probably have just enough shooting to make it work as long as Serge knocks down shots. Lowry/Powell/OG/Siakam/Gasol likely has just enough as well.....

But who knows what it all looks like in November.
          Gasol, Lowry & Ibaka are in contract years. Assuming they are still with the team - they will be taking a lot more shots. With much lowered expectations and not having to cater to Kawhi, guys are going to be playing pretty loose next year. It could be a surprise team. Replacing 'regular season' Danny Green is also going to be difficult. He was super-efficient, durable and defended both wing positions at a high level.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            So did the Raps get him for the minimum? Basketball insiders seems to indicate that he got $1.6M (although it's marked as "estimated"). If that's true that's pretty awesome.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...s-team-salary/
            Blake now confirms he is indeed signed for the minimum. Now just to figure out exactly how much McCaw got - they could offer him up to 2M per year over his 2 years with his non-Bird Rights. Anything more than that and they would have had to dip into the MLE.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Gasol, Lowry & Ibaka are in contract years. Assuming they are still with the team - they will be taking a lot more shots. With much lowered expectations and not having to cater to Kawhi, guys are going to be playing pretty loose next year. It could be a surprise team. Replacing 'regular season' Danny Green is also going to be difficult. He was super-efficient, durable and defended both wing positions at a high level.
              This team was a perennial top 4 team in the Conference before Kawhi. I know DeMar is gone, but we have a new DeMar in Siakam.

Philly and MIL for sure are the two best teams in the Conference and they probably would finish 1 and 2. But after those two? I think this team could finish as high as 3rd. Indiana don't scare me and the Celtics lost Horford and Kyrie.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

This team was a perennial top 4 team in the Conference before Kawhi. I know DeMar is gone, but we have a new DeMar in Siakam.

Philly and MIL for sure are the two best teams in the Conference and they probably would finish 1 and 2. But after those two? I think this team could finish as high as 3rd. Indiana don't scare me and the Celtics lost Horford and Kyrie.
                Couple things hurt us. Pascal is nowhere near the volume producer DeRozan was, and with Lowry declining, can't rely on him for as much production as in the past either. We also traded away our most efficient volume scorer in JV. And lost some shooting even compared to the DeRozan years. So the offence will likely struggle. Now, the defence has a chance to be top notch, but you still need a solid offence to leverage that fully and be a contending team. And the defence is no guarantee - too many young wings being relied on to step in for Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. Meanwhile, not sure Serge playing backup C is a viable plan on a team that's not really playing for a championship, even in the ceiling scenario of being the third best team in the East, meaning we might need to move him or Gasol (probably Serge) before the season even if we want to compete - meaning we lose yet another contributor and producer.

That said, yeah, glass ceiling is probably 3rd for this team, but they could come in well outside of home court if even a few things go wrong, too.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Couple things hurt us. Pascal is nowhere near the volume producer DeRozan was, and with Lowry declining, can't rely on him for as much production as in the past either. We also traded away our most efficient volume scorer in JV. And lost some shooting even compared to the DeRozan years. So the offence will likely struggle. Now, the defence has a chance to be top notch, but you still need a solid offence to leverage that fully and be a contending team. And the defence is no guarantee - too many young wings being relied on to step in for Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. Meanwhile, not sure Serge playing backup C is a viable plan on a team that's not really playing for a championship, even in the ceiling scenario of being the third best team in the East, meaning we might need to move him or Gasol (probably Serge) before the season even if we want to compete - meaning we lose yet another contributor and producer.

That said, yeah, glass ceiling is probably 3rd for this team, but they could come in well outside of home court if even a few things go wrong, too.
                  As it stands this is more of a playoff team than a regular season team to me. Cant see Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka sustaining a high level of play all season, but they can get to a really high level.

Comment

Agreed. Everything pretty much has to go well with the roster as it stands for us to be the 3rd seed. Not out of the realm of possibility but it will be tough
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Agreed. Raptors will make the Playoffs, but don't see us getting past the second round. I do think Raptors should trade Ibaka and/or Gasol and get something of value back before their contracts expire. They both won championships so should have decent value.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

As it stands this is more of a playoff team than a regular season team to me. Cant see Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka sustaining a high level of play all season, but they can get to a really high level.
                        Agreed. Injuries/depth will be a bigger issue this year too. If Lowry missed a few games last year we still had Kawhi to carry the team. If Lowry rests a back-to-back we’re in tough this coming year.

Comment

Is RHJ still on our team? I barely see people talking about him?
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                            Yes, he is. Backup PF tends not to generate a lot of discussion, especially when other depth pieces are currently playing in SL.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                              and he's been shown hanging out with Norm and the rest on the sidelines at summer league

Comment

Well, welcome back to the RR Forums Rondae Hollis-Jefferson thread.

I thought it was time to bump this, with Ibaka out, and maybe Anunoby out for a while, we might be talking a little more about HJ. If he continues to show like this, we will have a lot more to say about him.

Should he be taking 200 chip shots, from three feet away from the basket, every day? Man, he left some points on the table. Of course, it was only because of his play when he wasn't shooting that it matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X