X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I really think it's different battling like crazy because you're superstar is on the shelf (or in this case load management). It happens all the time.

Much different when you don't even have a superstar and there's no collective will to battle and hold the fort until your leader returns.
    Raps aren't battling for a top seed .....
    Something to prove?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Raptors also played really well in the regular season without Kawhi. I could see them battling for a top seed.
    I really think it's different battling like crazy because you're superstar is on the shelf (or in this case load management). It happens all the time.

Much different when you don't even have a superstar and there's no collective will to battle and hold the fort until your leader returns.
    Raps aren't battling for a top seed .....

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Johnson and RHJ played together at Arizona.

Masai all in on strong athletic wings with questionable shots, I love it.
    Kind of been his thing for years now. Raps believe they can teach shooting. That's why they looks for length, defensive minded and high motors in players. Guys like Wright, Norm, Yak and OG all fit that mold. Same goes with the two rookies this year in Davis and Hernandez.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Wow, some seriously athletic forwards to fortify this roster. I’m expecting a fair amount of smallball - with Stan and RHJ at the 4 - where their limited perimeter skill sets won’t be so limiting.
    RHJ has to play the 4. He struggles defending quick wings but he is very good guarding PFs. The Nets even ran him at Center from time to time. It’s a solid get.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Wow, some seriously athletic forwards to fortify this roster. I’m expecting a fair amount of smallball - with Stan and RHJ at the 4 - where their limited perimeter skill sets won’t be so limiting.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Siakam’s back up then. I don’t think he’s a SF based on what I’ve seen. So Johnson and him at the forward spots off the bench. OG will get his chance. Hopefully this Thomas guy can shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Good pick up,will push OG..that is the plan, like his D..

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Raptors also played really well in the regular season without Kawhi. I could see them battling for a top seed.
    In fairness Danny Green had a fair bit to do with that success. Losing him too hurts our defense, our shooting, spacing, depth etc.

I hope you’re right though!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gonzz
    replied
    I think we are going for the all defence team. Hold the opposition to under 100 pts and we have a chance at winning. It worked in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    So RHJ is coming off the bench I take it as an energy guy, as well as SJ? Both on short deals. I wonder is this more shots in the dark hoping for one to breakout and become good trade bait?

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    He has a nice mid-range shot and is a 2-way player. Had a bit of a down year due to injuries, though. Hoping he can improve his shot with the Raptors development staff!

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Johnson and RHJ played together at Arizona.

Masai all in on strong athletic wings with questionable shots, I love it.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Welcome aboard RHJ

Wonder what the financials look like? Are we still looking for another PF after this with some part of the MLE? Or is this it?
    Yeah, weird that it hasn't been reported yet. Usually these prove-me deals for one year are the minimum or close to it, and we already used our BAE on Johnson. But I would have pegged RHJ's market far above the minimum. Could be anywhere between the minimum and the rest of our MLE and I wouldn't be too surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    A couple of points.... notice his mins./game fell off last season (wonder why).... and he was let go for cap space apparently rather than capability.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X