Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: The State of The League

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

    And why don't you have a problem with a team doing the opposite of this? Blake Griffin signed with the Clippers because he wanted to be in LA. A few months later (according to you lot) they "dishonor" that contract and ship him off to Detroit.

    Why is there no issue with that but there is an issue with a player demanding a trade?
    He was shipped out because he was paid like a championship level player without a championship. Same as Derozan. When 30+ teams are fighting for one trophy, with max payroll, max and min roster size and other confinements, you do what you do to win. Players want to win too, but are not under the same constraints. Play well, get paid. It's not pay well, get championship for the teams.

    Comment


    • planetmars wrote: View Post

      People trashed West and Masai too though. I know plenty of people that were seriously mad at Masai for trading DeMar for Kawhi even though it was for Kawhi and made the team better. And that's my stance.. I'm more pissed off if the player wants out of Toronto to play somewhere else, because I know the reversed won't likely happen. So I gravitate towards the teams that lose their asset/star because it's personal. As a fan base we've seen stars leave us. But we've never seen a star want to come here.
      To the bolded: But if it does, then you fully support it? Lol

      Either way, I mostly just don't care. You always hear both sides calling it a business, and it is. We got our ring, and we got Masai. If players don't want to come here then Masai will find a way to get em anyway.
      Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 26, 2019, 03:33 PM.

      Comment


      • Shredder wrote: View Post

        He was shipped out because he was paid like a championship level player without a championship. Same as Derozan. When 30+ teams are fighting for one trophy, with max payroll, max and min roster size and other confinements, you do what you do to win. Players want to win too, but are not under the same constraints. Play well, get paid. It's not pay well, get championship for the teams.
        They chose to pay him that though. They literally gave him the contract a few months before the trade.............

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post

          To the bolded: But if it does, then you fully support it? Lol
          Yeah.. if it happens (big if though), than I will start trashing teams/organizations before I trash players. Lol

          Comment


          • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

            They chose to pay him that though. They literally gave him the contract a few months before the trade.............
            Fair, but also to skirt the constraints of the system. Don't pay him, let him walk for nothing. Pay him, get something of value back. Either way Blake gets paid.

            Comment


            • Shredder wrote: View Post

              Fair, but also to skirt the constraints of the system. Don't pay him, let him walk for nothing. Pay him, get something of value back. Either way Blake gets paid.
              Ok so they deliberately screwed him over to their benefit.

              Do you not see the damn hypocrisy of being ok with teams doing this but not players?

              All being loyal to a team does is get you fucked over in the end unless you win multiple titles. Look at what happened to DeRozan. Similarly, being blindly loyal to a player can screw you over as well (see the Bargnani situation).

              The reality is there shouldn't be an expectation of loyalty from either party. Yet many people here are taking the hypocritical stance that the team shouldn't have any expectation of loyalty but the players should have to be loyal to the team.

              This is like literally expecting your girlfriend to be ok with you fucking other girls but she can't have sex with anyone but you.

              Comment


              • Shredder wrote: View Post
                Don't pay him, let him walk for nothing. Pay him, get something of value back. Either way Blake gets paid.
                Conversely from the Players perspective: Don't ask for a trade, eventually just walk away for nothing, team gets nothing. Ask for a trade, team gets some assets in return and isn't left empty handed. That's a pretty solid favour from the player when framed like this, no?

                Comment


                • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

                  Ok so they deliberately screwed him over to their benefit.

                  Do you not see the damn hypocrisy of being ok with teams doing this but not players?

                  All being loyal to a team does is get you fucked over in the end unless you win multiple titles. Look at what happened to DeRozan. Similarly, being blindly loyal to a player can screw you over as well (see the Bargnani situation).

                  The reality is there shouldn't be an expectation of loyalty from either party. Yet many people here are taking the hypocritical stance that the team shouldn't have any expectation of loyalty but the players should have to be loyal to the team.

                  This is like literally expecting your girlfriend to be ok with you fucking other girls but she can't have sex with anyone but you.
                  I guess the major difference is you seeing a player being traded while still being paid millions and MILLIONS of dollars being screwed over and I don't.

                  Comment


                  • Joey wrote: View Post

                    Conversely from the Players perspective: Don't ask for a trade, eventually just walk away for nothing, team gets nothing. Ask for a trade, team gets some assets in return and isn't left empty handed. That's a pretty solid favour from the player when framed like this, no?
                    I said that in an earlier post. I think most would agree that in the last year of the contract you would be more than fine with it. It's when it happens earlier that I think most are concerned with.

                    Comment


                    • Shredder wrote: View Post

                      I guess the major difference is you seeing a player being traded while still being paid millions and MILLIONS of dollars being screwed over and I don't.
                      I guess the major difference is you seeing a team's player demanding a trade while they still make hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue as being screwed over and I don't!

                      The hypocrisy continues mate.

                      Comment


                      • Shredder wrote: View Post

                        I said that in an earlier post. I think most would agree that in the last year of the contract you would be more than fine with it. It's when it happens earlier that I think most are concerned with.
                        When it happens earlier the team can get even more back in the trade because the receiving team has the player locked in for longer. It gives them more possible suitors as well.

                        Comment


                        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post


                          This is like literally expecting your girlfriend to be ok with you fucking other girls but she can't have sex with anyone but you.
                          I think this is a misuse of the term

                          Comment


                          • Don't most players get a trade kicker too? At least the big max guys do right? Something like 5%.. so they actually get a huge bonus for being traded. That's pretty cool no? Or you don't think that's enough?

                            Comment


                            • Shaolin you seem really hung up on the plight of blake griffin. Poor poor Blake who got traded to the hell that is Detroit.
                              • Griffin is in the midst of a five-year, $171 million contract that he signed in 2017. The deal is fully guaranteed and runs through 2021-22.
                              • Griffin co-owns a production company with the NFL's Matt Kalil. Multiple projects are in the works, including a "White Men Can't Jump" reboot.
                              What a shitty life. Only 171 million to have to fucking play basketball in Detroit Michigan. Where he has a mansion with a pool and a personal driver and chef and assistant and I'm assuming, smokin hot wife.

                              will retire around 38, can move back to LA, wealthy, and can do his comedy and movies and sign autographs or do commentary or coach or fuck it just sit on a beach. He can really do whatever he wants.

                              but poor poor blake griffin. Has to spend approximately 4 months a year in, again, wait for the horrors...A MANSION IN SUBURBAN MICHIGAN

                              the plight of blake Griffin is frankly devastating and I cant believe the world charities dont do more to help these relocated athletes
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Shredder wrote: View Post

                                I think this is a misuse of the term
                                Colloquially "literally" works as both the opposite of and hyperbole of "figuratively".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X