Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

You're retarded. Nobody said that.
    Now now. No need for that sort of language.

Comment

• Keon you have so much hatred for the fact that players get paid tens of millions of dollars to play it's hilarious.

You do know the owners are making more than them right?

Comment

• It's always funny to me too that it's the conservatives/right-wingers that have the biggest problem with this player power stuff. Freedom of the individual, capitalism, market forces, etc. All of a sudden they hate that shit when they see rich black men taking advantage of it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          You can't really compare Professional Sports Leagues to average companies though, because Pro Sports leagues skirt so many understood and accepted rules (Monopoly, Antitrust, etc.) and get governments exemptions to do so. In what other business are Employees drafted, and chosen to go where they have no say in the matter?

Yes, they make a fuck load of money. Totally. But they earn their owners 100x that and have a capped salary, no matter how much they bring in. In what other industry is that a thing?
          Their owners earn 100x that in business. The team certainly does not earn 100x that. The average team, after paying players, staff, and operating cost, will make maybe 30 to 50 mil. Many teams as we know actually LOSE money.

there is risk in owning teams. Its not the most sound investment. There is no risk in players signing for 150 guaranteed
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Inb4 more accusations of "playing the race card" oooh so scary. The reality is that race does absolutely factor into this.

The denial of racial factors in social perception nowadays is one of the biggest problems we have. Doesn't mean people are racist, but MLK Jr. said himself that the white moderates are actually a bigger obstacle to positive social change than the KKK.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              It's always funny to me too that it's the conservatives/right-wingers that have the biggest problem with this player power stuff. Freedom of the individual, capitalism, market forces, etc. All of a sudden they hate that shit when they see rich black men taking advantage of it.
              I'm communist but ok
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'm communist but ok
                Didn't say it's exclusive to those folks. I was mainly referring to KeonClark. He's the uber conservative here that's all about the individual until NBA players are trying to do what's best for themselves. Then it's time to pipe down and be loyal. Gimme a break mate.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Their owners earn 100x that in business. The team certainly does not earn 100x that. The average team, after paying players, staff, and operating cost, will make maybe 30 to 50 mil. Many teams as we know actually LOSE money.
                  Not so much the case anymore with the new TV Deals. Only one team lost money in 2017-18 (Cavs with record high salaries and tax to pay), and not a single one did this past year I don't think. Everyone made money. Not to mention that the valuations that these guys are getting on the teams are sky rocketing into the multiples of Billions, while also having cities and states pay for their arenas.

Regardless, the point stands that the NBA is not like every other business out there, and so it shouldn't really be compared.

Comment

Didn't say it's exclusive to those folks. I was mainly referring to KeonClark. He's the uber conservative here that's all about the individual until NBA players are trying to do what's best for themselves. Then it's time to pipe down and be loyal. Gimme a break mate.
                    Yep, that's me. The racist hick from the west, as I think you eloquently called all calgarians at one point.

and you're the guy who virtue signals out of one side of his mouth, and then stereotypes and applies labels out of the other.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yep, that's me. The racist hick from the west, as I think you eloquently called all calgarians at one point.

and you're the guy who virtue signals out of one side of his mouth, and then stereotypes and applies labels out of the other.

Guys, we're not here to discuss each other or political views. We're here to talk Ball. Quit it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm from Calgary too mate.

And I don't really think you're racist, just very ignorant of your own biases.

Comment

• the funny thing to think that this is player empowerment. Yeah those Lakers kids in NOLA really feel empowered.

Comment

Approximately* 50%, but yep that's correct. However when we're talking about players demanding trades, that's usually the higher end superstar players. And these guys are almost always paid LESS than their actual worth if it was a free and open market system.
                            Yeah, but high end superstars make more money in endorsements. Owners should get a percentage of that and are taking it up the you-know-what on that business issue.

Comment

• High-end superstars don't have to worry about jackshit. No franchise is willingly going to trade Lebron, KD, Davis or any player of that level.

Comment

• Only Shaolin can turn talks about trades and free agency into "racist!!!"

I'll never forget the picture of John Wall when he looked stoned, somebody got called racist by Mr Fantastic lol

Here it is again cause it's awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X