Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking at next year T.D could maybe slide up to be the 2nd guard off the bench consistently if Norm is still the 6th man. If Norm goes into the starting lineup then T.D could slide into his role and be a high volume bench scorer.
    He really needs to work on his defense tho.
    I see him being a 2 guard right now but if he can develop some play making he could be a large PG ala Jrue holiday.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      Wes Mathews has been an outright scrub on & off over the last 3 years. Danny Green was having such a great playoff run for us that Nurse finally benched him for the second half of games in the Finals.
      Green is 8 PPG this season and 1 assist on a team with 2 superstars. Over rated....

      Comment


      • He has a ton of potential but needs the opportunity to play through mistakes, so he can grow from them. Right now those opportunities are not evenly distributed on the team.

        TD and Thomas are being asked to come in cold from the bench, take risks and have an impact on both ends of the floor right away with no errors, otherwise they get a quick hook. That's tough to do as rookies. You need rhythm and the chance to adjust your game from your mistakes. If they had the same opportunities Fred got and McCaw is getting right now, I feel they would break through and be solid rotation pieces on a contending team fairly quickly.
        2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

        Comment


        • inthepaint wrote: View Post
          He has a ton of potential but needs the opportunity to play through mistakes, so he can grow from them. Right now those opportunities are not evenly distributed on the team.

          TD and Thomas are being asked to come in cold from the bench, take risks and have an impact on both ends of the floor right away with no errors, otherwise they get a quick hook. That's tough to do as rookies. You need rhythm and the chance to adjust your game from your mistakes. If they had the same opportunities Fred got and McCaw is getting right now, I feel they would break through and be solid rotation pieces on a contending team fairly quickly.
          Agreed 100% but I that's kind of how it is when you're coming in as a rookie on a championship contending team. Fred only got 7.9 minutes a game in his first year and we were good then but not this good. McCaw I have no words for. Nurse just loves him for reasons only he and his staff know and that's that. But McCaw got about 15 mins a game in his first year with Golden State. Terence is getting 17 mins a game on a team as good as ours in his rookie year so that's pretty good considering. But he should 100% be getting more minutes than McCaw. There is no question about that.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

          Comment


          • GLF wrote: View Post

            Agreed 100% but I that's kind of how it is when you're coming in as a rookie on a championship contending team. Fred only got 7.9 minutes a game in his first year and we were good then but not this good. McCaw I have no words for. Nurse just loves him for reasons only he and his staff know and that's that. But McCaw got about 15 mins a game in his first year with Golden State. Terence is getting 17 mins a game on a team as good as ours in his rookie year so that's pretty good considering. But he should 100% be getting more minutes than McCaw. There is no question about that.
            Yeah and I think beyond the raw minutes tally we also gotta look at tolerance for errors. McCaw has ample tolerance, TD and Thomas have zero tolerance.

            I get there's a rookie vs non-rookie status thing that ends up creating some artificial pecking order; however, if you want to win, eventually you need to start giving your rooks with potential more leash to develop, and start trimming down minutes of players that have had 3+ years on the league like McCaw with no significant improvement from their rookie year.

            We started OG as a rookie; he came in with a very raw 3pt shooting from college, but they were determined to have him develop that, and that was only possible with regular meaningful minutes vs tough competition where he could play through his mistakes, right out of the gates. You give TD/Thomas the opportunity to share the court with 4 solid/established players like they did with OG (and later with Fred), and those guys will shine.

            So yeah, I'm with you on the McCaw thing, there must be something Nurse sees that that whole fan base is missing. Hopefully there will be some shuffling when games come back
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

            Comment


            • I think the thing with McCaw is that over the two years he has been with the Raptors he has only played in 66 games. I am not a fan of his, but I can see the team trying to figure out what they truly have in him as a player. He has some stinkers for games but then he has a real gem that keeps you intrigued just enough to keep playing him. On Dec 28th in a win vs. Boston he put up 18 points, 7 reb, 8 assists on 8-12 shooting (2-4 from 3), on Jan 8th he had 13 points, 11 assisits, 5 boards on 6-11 from the floor (1-3 from 3).

              He went on after that to be the guy we all complain about now.... but with my coaching hat on I look at a 6'6" 6'7" guard with some ball skills and passing chops with switch-ability on defense. I think my team may need that length at times during the playoffs and I think if I give him enough of a chance he may win me a game when I need it.....I just might lose my hair before that happens.

              Long term I think Davis will be a better player and more valuable to the team. Right now we have small guards, Norm plays big but is only 6'3", McCaw looks the part of what we need, he just does not play the part.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

              Comment


              • Watching TD II when he is humming tells you what his ceiling is. Watching him when things aren't working out tells you what his floor is. While he didn't start plying Bball late, like Siakim, football was his focus up until he had to choose which scholarship he would accept. I think that suggests how much better he can get. Once he gets his shit together with focused off-season practice directed by coaches and personal trainers, the weaknesses in his game (defense) should diminish. He seems to have the drive. Based on his possible ceiling, as demonstrated by his good performances, he has the natural tools. I think there is no doubt he could reach starter status on a good team (The Raptors). I expect to see him starting regularly 21-22 season.

                Comment


                • Davis, Fred, and Norm could absolutely be the starting perimeter for the Giannis-led NBA champion Toronto Raptors. Does that answer the question?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • WJF wrote: View Post
                    I think the thing with McCaw is that over the two years he has been with the Raptors he has only played in 66 games. I am not a fan of his, but I can see the team trying to figure out what they truly have in him as a player. He has some stinkers for games but then he has a real gem that keeps you intrigued just enough to keep playing him. On Dec 28th in a win vs. Boston he put up 18 points, 7 reb, 8 assists on 8-12 shooting (2-4 from 3), on Jan 8th he had 13 points, 11 assisits, 5 boards on 6-11 from the floor (1-3 from 3).

                    He went on after that to be the guy we all complain about now.... but with my coaching hat on I look at a 6'6" 6'7" guard with some ball skills and passing chops with switch-ability on defense. I think my team may need that length at times during the playoffs and I think if I give him enough of a chance he may win me a game when I need it.....I just might lose my hair before that happens.

                    Long term I think Davis will be a better player and more valuable to the team. Right now we have small guards, Norm plays big but is only 6'3", McCaw looks the part of what we need, he just does not play the part.
                    I cant say for sure because I haven't looked but usually even in games when he scores the ball well (which is VERY seldom) he's still usually a huge minus in the plus/minus category. And I know that stat doesn't mean a lot but the eye test proves it with him too. Usually when he enters games everything slowly starts going to shit lol.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • From the "Morning Coffee" article "Raptors’ Davis striving to be playoffs difference-maker when NBA resumes"

                      "“Things that I’ve been doing throughout the season, I gained it from them,” Davis said of his veteran teammates such as Serge Ibaka, who took him under his wing this season. “The things that I see them do on the daily, them leading by example, I picked up on some of those things.

                      “So I kinda know what it is I need to do in the gym and outside of the gym — like eating right and things of that sorts. So I don’t really need to talk to someone everyday and be like, ‘Do this, do this.’ I already picked up on those little things.

                      “If there are some questions that I need to ask I can pick up the phone and call them, but they pretty much have got me on the right track as far as doing things on the court and taking care of my body.”

                      Grateful for the lessons passed onto him by his older colleagues, Davis has taken full advantage of the wealth of knowledge that has been with him all season long.

                      “Advice from a veteran is the best advice a rookie can receive, unless it’s from his head coach,” he said. “But a veteran knows because they’d been in a rookie’s shoes, they went through what we’re going through right now. So advice from veterans is just major, it’s like, ‘I want that.’

                      “So any time Fred or the older guys – Norm [Powell], Kyle, Marc [Gasol] – those guys talk, I’m listening, because I don’t want to miss anything.”

                      No wonder I like him so much. Suddenly he is in a tie with five other guys for favourite Raptor.

                      Comment


                      • Puffer wrote: View Post
                        From the "Morning Coffee" article "Raptors’ Davis striving to be playoffs difference-maker when NBA resumes"

                        "“Things that I’ve been doing throughout the season, I gained it from them,” Davis said of his veteran teammates such as Serge Ibaka, who took him under his wing this season. “The things that I see them do on the daily, them leading by example, I picked up on some of those things.

                        “So I kinda know what it is I need to do in the gym and outside of the gym — like eating right and things of that sorts. So I don’t really need to talk to someone everyday and be like, ‘Do this, do this.’ I already picked up on those little things.

                        “If there are some questions that I need to ask I can pick up the phone and call them, but they pretty much have got me on the right track as far as doing things on the court and taking care of my body.”

                        Grateful for the lessons passed onto him by his older colleagues, Davis has taken full advantage of the wealth of knowledge that has been with him all season long.

                        “Advice from a veteran is the best advice a rookie can receive, unless it’s from his head coach,” he said. “But a veteran knows because they’d been in a rookie’s shoes, they went through what we’re going through right now. So advice from veterans is just major, it’s like, ‘I want that.’

                        “So any time Fred or the older guys – Norm [Powell], Kyle, Marc [Gasol] – those guys talk, I’m listening, because I don’t want to miss anything.”

                        No wonder I like him so much. Suddenly he is in a tie with five other guys for favourite Raptor.
                        Norm is 26 but he's an "older guy"

                        Comment


                        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                          Norm is 26 but he's an "older guy"
                          We are old fuckers, its official
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X