Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    And I've heard that unless they are in their room, they are to be wearing masks. I can see how that's a mixed message, go out and play basketball for 2.5 hours without wearing masks, but as soon as you leave the court, put them back on.
    It's actually kinda funny.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Wait, what is 'backed by science' ?
      Uhhh, that wearing masks in public spaces slows the spread of COVID19?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not sure where the disconnect is here, because we're going in circles. TD is protesting against a policy, backed by science, that his employer believes is beneficial for all employees. So he is indeed protesting "the science" that the NBA believes in. He can quit his job, or in the case of the NBA, he could opt out of the bubble without penalty, which is a gracious option offered his employer.

And TD can continue protesting the conspiracy, if he so chooses... outside of the bubble. TD has no case here. He's just being stupid or regretting his decision to sell out his principles. He willingly and willfully gave up his right to protest when he signed off on the NBA bubble rules. You can't have it both ways.
        I said multiple times that he was wrong in what he did:
        Apollo wrote: View Post

This league has welcomed protest now. It sounds like Davis (while misguided) is protesting something he feels is wrong.
        Apollo wrote: View Post
        Science is still catching up with all things COVID and things constantly change. It is easy to feel scared, confused, frustrated, etc when it comes to all things COVID. Davis might end up being right on the stance but wrong in breaking the rules... But that's protest.
        I also said I disagree on his views of masks.

I also said that I'm not sure if protesting should be in sports. I go back and forth because it's entertainment that I would be willing to wager the majority consume as an escape from the pains of life. People need a place to get away, if not sports they need something else. That said, if sports can be used as a platform for protest or social change it will be difficult to limit it to just this one thing. This is a major shift and it is human nature to progress when a door forward is opened.
        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 4, 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I said multiple times that he was wrong in what he did:

I also said I disagree on his views of masks.

I also said that I'm not sure if protesting should be in sports. I go back and forth because it's entertainment that I would be willing to wager the majority consume as an escape from the pains of life. People need a place to get away, if not sports they need something else. That said, if sports can be used as a platform for protest or social change it will be difficult to limit it to just this one thing. This is a major shift and it is human nature to progress when a door forward when is opened.
          The NBA and its players have basically come to an agreement to be in support of BLM. That has virtually no bearing on other forms and topics of protest, let alone one that goes against policies intended to keep players and staff safe in the bubble.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

The NBA and its players have basically come to an agreement to be in support of BLM. That has virtually no bearing on other forms and topics of protest, let alone one that goes against policies intended to keep players and staff safe in the bubble.
            The times are changing. Wait and see.

Comment

Uhhh, that wearing masks in public spaces slows the spread of COVID19?
              Still VERY inconclusive.
              Unless you're sick, your normal breath will dissipate in the air before it reaches others especially when social distancing is being observed (which is the more effective way of slowing down transmission)
              I would rather believe in wearing masks if you're sick coz the chances of transmitting the virus goes higher when you cough.

Comment

Well, it seems that the league is strictly enforcing it now.
                This has become political, whether they admit it or not.
                The league can not take any stand when it comes to divisive issues like this because it's becoming apparent that they're going against the very message that they're trying to spread.

Comment

Well, it seems that the league is strictly enforcing it now.
                  This has become political, whether they admit it or not.
                  The league can not take any stand when it comes to divisive issues like this because it's becoming apparent that they're going against the very message that they're trying to spread.
                  Disagree. This is neither politics or divisive. Black lives matter is not political. If you think otherwise please explain why.

Masks are not divisive.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Disagree. This is neither politics or divisive. Black lives matter is not political. If you think otherwise please explain why.

Masks are not divisive.
                    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...-movement/amp/

BLM cofounder admits she and her fellow organizers are trained Marxists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....d-marxist/amp/​​​​​​
                    Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Aug 4, 2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Still VERY inconclusive.
                      Unless you're sick, your normal breath will dissipate in the air before it reaches others especially when social distancing is being observed (which is the more effective way of slowing down transmission)
                      I would rather believe in wearing masks if you're sick coz the chances of transmitting the virus goes higher when you cough.
                      From all that I've read the science is inconclusive one way or the other but countries have had to take some stance because that's politics, governments need to lead on all issues. So most governments are shifting towards masks because it seems like common sense. That's how it looks to me anyway.

The Dutch are a prominent example of a government landing on the other side of the science. They say it's inconclusive and so they would rather focus on things they know for sure such as social distancing and proper hygiene habits for example.

Who knows for sure which is correct but the way this pandemic has gone: don't like the science? Wait a day and a new study will arrive that matches how you feel.

Comment

Still VERY inconclusive.
                        The evidence is mounting VERY rapidly. In this latest study, droplets from someone not wearing a mask travelled an average of 8 feet, and up to 12.

Their findings largely align with a study published last month in the journal Physics of Fluids by researchers at Florida Atlantic University. They found that, of the readily accessible facial coverings they studied, a well-fitted homemade stitched mask comprising two layers of cotton quilting fabric was most effective for reducing the forward spread of droplets. The research was conducted using a mannequin’s head, an air compressor and a smoke generator that mechanically simulated a cough. This study didn’t evaluate leakage from surgical masks.

The study found that aerosol-size droplets expelled from the mannequin with the double-layered cotton mask traveled forward about 2.5 inches on average, and that most of the leakage escaped from gaps between the nose and face. Loosely fitting facial coverings, including a folded cotton handkerchief with ear loops, as well as a bandanna were less helpful, the study found. With those masks, droplets traveled on average about 1.25 and 3.5 feet, respectively. In contrast, the study found droplets traveled about 8 inches on average with an off-the-shelf cone-shaped mask.

Meanwhile, droplets from an uncovered cough traveled around 8 feet on average, though the study found that they could travel up to 12 feet—double the currently recommended social-distancing guideline of 6 feet.
                        https://www.wsj.com/articles/face-ma...ng-11595083298

Not only sick people cough and sneeze. If you're in an enclosed area with dry air and other people, a mask is your best bet. At this point, epidemiologists are in nearly universal agreement that masks help reduce the spread.

That doesn't mean that they have to be mandated to be worn every time you leave the home. We saw a woman driving a car by herself yesterday, wearing a mask and gloves, and it's like...cmon, use some common sense.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

There is an interview that the President did (it's on HBO but I think its viewable on youtube now). It's actually pretty sad (and pretty funny depending on your perspective on life). He's so unaware of what is really happening in his own country and is really just making everything so political. Our PM is an asshat but at least he got the job done here. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
                          I haven’t watch the interview, but I read about it on USATODAY. He’s a joke.

The only stat he’s clinging to is the only ONE that is positive. Mortality rate of people that contract covid. Great Job!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I haven’t watch the interview, but I read about it on USATODAY. He’s a joke.

The only stat he’s clinging to is the only ONE that is positive. Mortality rate of people that contract covid. Great Job!
                            What's the recent mortality rate?

Comment

• If you think this is political, wait until the next US Federal Election where NBA players will be often and openly lobbying for anyone but Trump.

Comment

• Hell ya, they are not the most comfortable thing to wear but you do it because you care about other people. Just like everything we’ve done with social distancing.

Everyone is making sacrifices, including the players in the bubble. You wear the mask out of respect for what people are giving up to collectively get out of this mess.

You are seeing a lot of the “ME” mentality going on through this tough time. Do as much as you can to protect those who may not be able to recover from Covid.

Comment

Working...
                                X