No announcement yet.

Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TO media, like all the other media, needs to compete with tweeter for clicks. They might throw stones and ask questions later if that's what tweeter is doing. They'll unfortunately angle for the most drama and controversy as possible so they can generate clicks. Long are the days of balanced views and objective journalism.

Maybe I'm naive but I personally hope the man, guilty or not, has the due process he's entitled to, and if the courts find him not guilty, goes on with his life and earn a living on his trade without additional judgement from mobs that don't have all the facts.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
      The TO media, like all the other media, needs to compete with tweeter for clicks. They might throw stones and ask questions later if that's what tweeter is doing. They'll unfortunately angle for the most drama and controversy as possible so they can generate clicks. Long are the days of balanced views and objective journalism.

Maybe I'm naive but I personally hope the man, guilty or not, has the due process he's entitled to, and if the courts find him not guilty, goes on with his life and earn a living on his trade without additional judgement from mobs that don't have all the facts.
      He will get his day in court thats for sure.

His council has said see you in court and he has entered a plea of not guilty.
      We shall see what his accusor's defense team has to say.
      Next appearance is Dec 23 which in all likelihood will be moved to the new year.
      This could go on for months.
      And until the courts have made a ruling ... the Raps and the NBA and the NBA PA all with skin in the game ...will wait.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Not my place to call that woman a liar. But let justice system play out and we move from there. It will be hard for him regardless and i personally doubt MLSE will put up with it. But we'll see.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Not my place to call that woman a liar. But let justice system play out and we move from there. It will be hard for him regardless and i personally doubt MLSE will put up with it. But we'll see.
          Even if they feel the need to keep him with the team (or face the wrath of the NBAPA) they have no need to keep him anywhere but stapled the bench yet he's playing so I'm leaning to the team and MLSE "putting up with it"

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Even if they feel the need to keep him with the team (or face the wrath of the NBAPA) they have no need to keep him anywhere but stapled the bench yet he's playing so I'm leaning to the team and MLSE "putting up with it"
            I doubt it's "putting up with it." I suspect the team has done their investigation and concluded that he is innocent. Now they may well be wrong about that, but I suspect that is their position, more so than "we believe you did this but meh who cares."
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I doubt it's "putting up with it." I suspect the team has done their investigation and concluded that he is innocent. Now they may well be wrong about that, but I suspect that is their position, more so than "we believe you did this but meh who cares."
              If Davis' is found not guilty, the Raptors will probably take the same stance as they did with Adrian Griffin. Twitter will not like it.

Comment

Saw somewhere that CBA basically protects Davis in this situation until there's a legal conclusion? I.e. as his employer, the Raptors can not do anything punitive at this point based on the allegations alone. Any decision would need to be basketball related. Also something about it actually being between the league and players union re: punitive action. The Raptors as employer could of course cut a guy after a legal decision, but it's basically not their job to punish him in any way.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I didn't chose those words. They were quoted from the prior post above mine.

Comment

• Ugh... so complicated and difficult, all this.

Adrian's situation and TD's are ultimately quite different.

Adrian was faced with allegations from his past, long prior to his tenure with the organization, not in the actual moment they occurred, and he was immediately supported by not one but two members of his nuclear family, two of his sons, saying their own mother is not to be trusted and that these allegations are completely and utterly false. These matters are extremely complicated, but it seemed like there's substantial cause for doubt there. Adrian is also behind the scenes where fans don't have to see and think about him literally ever.

TD on the other hand was arrested on the very same night of the alleged incident, where he is accused of hitting his girlfriend 8 times in the face in front of their son, taking her phone, with which she was videotaping him, and smashing it. Now, from that, there may be footage that she has of all this. There may be images of her battered face taken by the police when they arrived on the scene. That would be pretty well damning. ... Or yes, there may be no evidence whatsoever, which would then certainly stand to call things into question.

I was a bit surprised they didn't keep TD pinned to the bench, and I gotta say I felt pretty uneasy the whole time he was on the floor. A lot of you may not care much about that but plenty of people will, and not just 'Raptors Twitter.' Harder to unabashedly cheer for someone with that hanging in the air.

For those saying, wait for justice in the courts... Have you ever looked at the statistics for how many women actually receive justice through the courts?? Next to none. So, I'm sorry but the likelihood is that even that is simply not going to outright be a good enough barometer as to whether Terence actually did the things of which he's accused. (...Do we think O.J. killed Nicole?... that's just one mega example of shit that happens every single day.)

As Dan says, perhaps the Raps have some good cause to believe that he's innocent... Though I have my doubts, I hope so. Otherwise, I'm a bit disappointed to see him getting significant playing time one way or the other until we know exactly whether or not he pummeled a women's face. If he did, not a good look on the organization to be playing him as though everything's hunky-dory.

I'm not saying I'm in love with the idea of cancellation, especially without a clear picture of the facts. But I'm a big fan of the pause button.

Comment

• I was shocked that they were playing him as well, and I agree with the uneasy feeling about him being there. I hope the Raptors have good information that this incident didn't happen. I understand that they can't punish him or affect his career by making him sit at home before being proven guilty, but I'm sure they don't have to play him. We'll see what happens... and I trust Masai is doing the right thing.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        ...As Dan says, perhaps the Raps have some good cause to believe that he's innocent... Though I have my doubts, I hope so. Otherwise, I'm a bit disappointed to see him getting significant playing time one way or the other until we know exactly whether or not he pummeled a women's face. If he did, not a good look on the organization to be playing him as though everything's hunky-dory.

I'm not saying I'm in love with the idea of cancellation, especially without a clear picture of the facts. But I'm a big fan of the pause button.
                        In all the years he has been here, I have seen nor heard not come across anything to make me doubt Masai. He IS the Toronto Raptors. He has just been the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice, so I expect he is coming to this with a high degree of integrity.

If it turns out that Davis is clearly guilty, I will be very disappointed in Masai and the Raptors organization, but I am not going to be that guy out in front of a mob, yelling for justice after trying adn convicting somebody of something in the public media. Easy for the talking heads to say, "what's the holdup, do the right thing." But then actually wanting the team to do the wrong thing, which is jump based on public perception.

Comment

Ugh... so complicated and difficult, all this.

Adrian was faced with allegations from his past, long prior to his tenure with the organization, not in the actual moment they occurred, and he was immediately supported by not one but two members of his nuclear family, two of his sons, saying their own mother is not to be trusted and that these allegations are completely and utterly false. These matters are extremely complicated, but it seemed like there's substantial cause for doubt there. Adrian is also behind the scenes where fans don't have to see and think about him literally ever.

TD on the other hand was arrested on the very same night of the alleged incident, where he is accused of hitting his girlfriend 8 times in the face in front of their son, taking her phone, with which she was videotaping him, and smashing it. Now, from that, there may be footage that she has of all this. There may be images of her battered face taken by the police when they arrived on the scene. That would be pretty well damning. ... Or yes, there may be no evidence whatsoever, which would then certainly stand to call things into question.

I was a bit surprised they didn't keep TD pinned to the bench, and I gotta say I felt pretty uneasy the whole time he was on the floor. A lot of you may not care much about that but plenty of people will, and not just 'Raptors Twitter.' Harder to unabashedly cheer for someone with that hanging in the air.

For those saying, wait for justice in the courts... Have you ever looked at the statistics for how many women actually receive justice through the courts?? Next to none. So, I'm sorry but the likelihood is that even that is simply not going to outright be a good enough barometer as to whether Terence actually did the things of which he's accused. (...Do we think O.J. killed Nicole?... that's just one mega example of shit that happens every single day.)

As Dan says, perhaps the Raps have some good cause to believe that he's innocent... Though I have my doubts, I hope so. Otherwise, I'm a bit disappointed to see him getting significant playing time one way or the other until we know exactly whether or not he pummeled a women's face. If he did, not a good look on the organization to be playing him as though everything's hunky-dory.

Sure, but what does the "hitting the pause button" mean in application? Denying Davis his ability to work immediately upon hearing of allegations and/or charges still under discovery? That would effectively be a presumption of guilt and the NBAPA would come down hard because that automatically penalizes the player. If so, your issue really comes down to the policy of the NBAPA rather than the Raptors who are bound to abide by the CBA.

Should it be a blanket policy that the league immediately suspends a player under allegations? Even then, this rule could be abused. Suppose that somebody decides to wrongly accuse Lebron (or an easier target like James Harden) during the playoffs and a superstar gets suspended because court proceedings take weeks and months.... and later, we find out they are false accusations?

This issue is complicated and painful. That said, if we are all operating under the principle of "innocent until proven guilty", which I believe everybody wants applied to them if they were accused of a crime... then I suppose we should be doing what the Raptors are doing with Davis.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I was shocked that they were playing him as well, and I agree with the uneasy feeling about him being there. I hope the Raptors have good information that this incident didn't happen. I understand that they can't punish him or affect his career by making him sit at home before being proven guilty, but I'm sure they don't have to play him. We'll see what happens... and I trust Masai is doing the right thing.
                            Masai knows more then the fans.

Masai also plays the long game.

The evidence is probably weak but the damage is done & Davis is not viewed as favorably as he did prior to the bubble.

Things have been adding up to Davis as of late. Firstly he was tweeting about masks & conspiracy theories upon entering the bubble which was not a good idea.

Secondly his playoffs performance showed he was still lacking the defensive awareness or fundamentals which made him a liability on the floor vs The Celtics in the playoffs.

Now he is accused of assaulting a woman in front of their child. Again we wait for the evidence but it's another distraction.

Davis has for all intent & purposes has to show growth's this season, not only in his game but personal growth as a human being. His immaturity & distractions have got to go. Masai will be calculating all of that as well as the development of the bench unit like Thomas, Flynn & Watson during the year. This is also a contract year for Davis.

Comment

Ugh... so complicated and difficult, all this.

The Raptors are basically not allowed to do anything punitive at this point tho, I think people are assuming they have more leeway than they do: https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...iscipline.html
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Davis has certainly looked good on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X