Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    So how we gonna have room for Giannis after Terence Davis’s supermax kicks in in 2021?
    Low cap hold
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He has surprisingly good athleticism, if he can work to put on some muscle and focus on defence and shooting I think he could be a mainstay. He looked pretty good in summer league. He now has the opportunity to focus on b-ball 24/7 with one of the best developmental staffs in the NBA.

T-Ross has a shit ton of talent, but the wrong mindset. I'm not saying he wasn't hard worker off the court, but on the court he didn't;t play with the right kind of intensity. It's a shame because that kid has all the athleticism in the world, with the prettiest looking shot. Just way too timid.

Comment

Certainly liked what Davis showed in summer league. He looks to be a smart player, really heads up. Good defensive effort. That is a good base to build on.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Certainly liked what Davis showed in summer league. He looks to be a smart player, really heads up. Good defensive effort. That is a good base to build on.
          I like Masai's strategy. Go after players that put in the effort on defense, you can't teach effort, you either have it or you don't. Get players with a good foundation and build upon that.

Comment

I love this kids off the ball game.

Comment

TERENCE DAVIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST PLAYER THE LEAGUE HAS EVER SEEN. WATCH OUT. POOR FRED, A BEAUTIFUL MAN, BUT "BET ON YOURSELF" IS ABOUT TO BE OUTBET BY THE MAN WHO "MAKES THEM BELIEVE". UNLESSs. A TWO POINT GUARD SET UP IS ON THE WAY, OR REALLY, A POINT GUARD AND "THE SMALLEST THREE" IN TOW!!! KAWHI HAS BEEN REPLACED! WE'VE GOT FRED
              Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Wed Jul 17, 2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                TERENCE DAVIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST PLAYER THE LEAGUE HAS EVER SEEN. WATCH OUT. POOR FRED, A BEAUTIFUL MAN, BUT "BET ON YOURSELF" IS ABOUT TO BE OUTBET BY THE MAN WHO "MAKES THEM BELIEVE". UNLESSs. A TWO POINT GUARD SET UP IS ON THE WAY, OR REALLY, A POINT GUARD AND "THE SMALLEST THREE" IN TOW!!! KAWHI HAS BEEN REPLACED! WE'VE GOT FRED
                Do we still need Tristan Thompson

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

Do we still need Tristan Thompson
                  Yes! You know why???? This tweet says it all: https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/statu...83901949161472

Championship experience!!!!!! We ain't got much to say (except NOW WE DO)

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Positive Article on Davis' Fit With the Raptors:

https://www.raptorshq.com/2019/7/22/...ence-davis-fit

Comment

(Bumping this thread from page 5 back to Page 1. That is all.)

Comment

Either Davis needs to start playing a lot more minutes, or we need Boucher or RHJ to fill in PF minutes to keep OG at the 3 and shift some of Norm's minutes up to the 2. Blowout helped, but FVV and Lowry both need their minutes scaled back. Davis is the sort of high energy well rounded player that you can slot into a lot of lineups.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Either Davis needs to start playing a lot more minutes, or we need Boucher or RHJ to fill in PF minutes to keep OG at the 3 and shift some of Norm's minutes up to the 2. Blowout helped, but FVV and Lowry both need their minutes scaled back. Davis is the sort of high energy well rounded player that you can slot into a lot of lineups.
                            Kyle should have played less than 30 minutes yesterday and he got to 34. 34 should be an above-average night for him but it's looking like that's not going to happen. We'll likely be heading into the playoffs with Kyle as a shell of himself if this keeps up.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

Kyle should have played less than 30 minutes yesterday and he got to 34. 34 should be an above-average night for him but it's looking like that's not going to happen. We'll likely be heading into the playoffs with Kyle as a shell of himself if this keeps up.
                              It's not gonna be like that the whole season. Keep in mind, Kyle is still trying to get into season shape physically. He only played 1 pre-season game, this is part of his game conditioning for the season (it's tougher to get in shape quickly if the minutes are limited). I think one of the guys mentioned that on the broadcast too.

The other factor too is how he's used. 30+ minutes of having to bring out the floor every possession, organize the transition push, and then having to guard a top perimeter player on the opposing team (like it used to be for him) is one thing. 30+ minutes while FVV does a lot of that, in addition to other plus defenders that can push in transition (like Pascal) is a lot less physically demanding overall.

In other words, these are long minutes for him, but they're "easier" minutes. Even so, I still feel like it's gonna go down when he arrives at the right conditioning, and when guys like Davis, McCaw and Thomas are more integrated.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

It's not gonna be like that the whole season. Keep in mind, Kyle is still trying to get into season shape physically. He only played 1 pre-season game, this is part of his game conditioning for the season (it's tougher to get in shape quickly if the minutes are limited). I think one of the guys mentioned that on the broadcast too.

The other factor too is how he's used. 30+ minutes of having to bring out the floor every possession, organize the transition push, and then having to guard a top perimeter player on the opposing team (like it used to be for him) is one thing. 30+ minutes while FVV does a lot of that, in addition to other plus defenders that can push in transition (like Pascal) is a lot less physically demanding overall.

In other words, these are long minutes for him, but they're "easier" minutes. Even so, I still feel like it's gonna go down when he arrives at the right conditioning, and when guys like Davis, McCaw and Thomas are more integrated.
                                I really don't know if they are easier minutes. He's basically sprinting up the floor every other possession either getting to the rim and hitting the floor hard or he's running around off-ball trying to get open. It makes us an awesome team but to me, they actually seem like hard minutes. He's bouncing off bodies, running around up and down the court, trying to get steals and take charges, all of this stuff is hard. Hopefully, Fred can take the load off a bit but Kyle is eager to do all of the above and he has a history of not knowing when to dial it back (i.e. in October against the bulls).

Comment

Working...
                                X