Everything Terence Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maury wrote: View Post

Kyle should have played less than 30 minutes yesterday and he got to 34. 34 should be an above-average night for him but it's looking like that's not going to happen. We'll likely be heading into the playoffs with Kyle as a shell of himself if this keeps up.
    If theres one team I trust regarding load management, its this team.

Comment

I really don't know if they are easier minutes. He's basically sprinting up the floor every other possession either getting to the rim and hitting the floor hard or he's running around off-ball trying to get open. It makes us an awesome team but to me, they actually seem like hard minutes. He's bouncing off bodies, running around up and down the court, trying to get steals and take charges, all of this stuff is hard. Hopefully, Fred can take the load off a bit but Kyle is eager to do all of the above and he has a history of not knowing when to dial it back (i.e. in October against the bulls).
      Well yeah, certain aspects of Lowry's game will always be there no matter who he's sharing the floor with; he will always sprint, take charges, fight through screens etc. that's Kyle, he's gonna always leave everything on the floor, so his minutes are tough compared to other players. That said, in addition to all that, he no longer has to run the offence as point guard or carry the transition offence and defence on his back all the time anymore when he's sharing the floor with Siakam and Fred.

So compared to his "former self" he's actually doing less on the floor, at least in theory (that was one of the things Nurse alluded to earlier in the year when talking about FVV sharing the floor with Lowry, meaning to give Kyle a bit of a break from all the PG grind). If anything this highlights how many things under the sun Kyle does every night, and how intense his game is. All in all I agree with you though, at the end of the day, his minutes should gradually come down to preserve him.

Comment

Kyle should have played less than 30 minutes yesterday and he got to 34. 34 should be an above-average night for him but it's looking like that's not going to happen. We'll likely be heading into the playoffs with Kyle as a shell of himself if this keeps up.
        I think Nurse just has to get the rotation sorted out and the new guys need to settle in. There is enough talent on the roster that in another 20 games, Kyle and Gasol's minutes go down. Lots of references from team members about cleaning up the rebounding mess, being smarter with the ball and focusing harder on D. We saw some of that against the Bulls. Lots of time to correct the mistakes. Nurse has shown he is nothing if not adaptable.

Maybe after the all star break is time to start worrying about Kyle being a shell of himself if nothing changes before then.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Well yeah, certain aspects of Lowry's game will always be there no matter who he's sharing the floor with; he will always sprint, take charges, fight through screens etc. that's Kyle, he's gonna always leave everything on the floor, so his minutes are tough compared to other players. That said, in addition to all that, he no longer has to run the offence as point guard or carry the transition offence and defence on his back all the time anymore when he's sharing the floor with Siakam and Fred.

So compared to his "former self" he's actually doing less on the floor, at least in theory (that was one of the things Nurse alluded to earlier in the year when talking about FVV sharing the floor with Lowry, meaning to give Kyle a bit of a break from all the PG grind). If anything this highlights how many things under the sun Kyle does every night, and how intense his game is. All in all I agree with you though, at the end of the day, his minutes should gradually come down to preserve him.
          Lowry doesn't fight through screens consistently, in the regular season. That's a myth. He stopped doing that like 3-4 seasons ago. He gets rubbed off screens easily and allows the opposition to get into their sets with no resistance. He gambles for steals and takes himself out of the possession early and relies too much on help defense.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Lowry doesn't fight through screens consistently, in the regular season. That's a myth. He stopped doing that like 3-4 seasons ago. He gets rubbed off screens easily and allows the opposition to get into their sets with no resistance. He gambles for steals and takes himself out of the possession early and relies too much on help defense.
            In the regular season yeah, even Kawhi last year was taking it easy on screens since that has become such an increased injury risk over the past few years. In the playoffs though, no one (Lowry included) was coasting through screens, which played a big part in them surviving Philly and the Bucks.

Comment

I think I prefer Norm starting over FVV. Play Fred 18 minutes at the PG and another 12 at the 2. Limit Kyle to 30

Norm should be pushed up to 28 -30 leaving 6-8 minutes (unless Norm has to play back up 3 minutes, then that time is extended) for Thomas or Davis. Those two can get more minutes on load management nights that Kyle would need. I think he should rest 8-10 games this year after the other guys get intergraded.

McCaw can stay on the bench beside SJ and RHJ.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I think I prefer Norm starting over FVV. Play Fred 18 minutes at the PG and another 12 at the 2. Limit Kyle to 30

Norm should be pushed up to 28 -30 leaving 6-8 minutes (unless Norm has to play back up 3 minutes, then that time is extended) for Thomas or Davis. Those two can get more minutes on load management nights that Kyle would need. I think he should rest 8-10 games this year after the other guys get intergraded.

Yeah, I'm running a little tally on McCaw's offensive production since pre-season. So far he's got 3 made field goals in 75 minutes

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

My gut is that McCaw is going to get the FVV treatment, i.e., unlimited opportunities to succeed. He's probably going to jump over Powell in the rotation.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

My gut is that McCaw is going to get the FVV treatment, i.e., unlimited opportunities to succeed. He's probably going to jump over Powell in the rotation.
                    McCaw is younger so thats probably what will happen
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Great seeing Davis break out even as he handled (some( primary ball-handling responsibilities. So athletic.

Comment

I hope he continues this play cause it would be nice to know we have someone more reliable than mccaw. Great game last night.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          I hope he continues this play cause it would be nice to know we have someone more reliable than mccaw. Great game last night.
                          It looks like he has what made Pascal excel. High motor and confidence.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Great seeing Davis break out even as he handled (some( primary ball-handling responsibilities. So athletic.
                            Legit the best rebounder on the team. Hes so fun to watch.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

It looks like he has what made Pascal excel. High motor and confidence.
                              No - with my respect to your words - Davis is totally a different player. Pascal is a rare mix, I mean his post moves, drippling, shooting and rebounding are amazing. On the other hand, I think Davis is so close to Ross but with consistency and a very balanced approach to the game, he will mix his game in a good way, not like Ross who will keep shooing from outside.

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

No - with my respect to your words - Davis is totally a different player. Pascal is a rare mix, I mean his post moves, drippling, shooting and rebounding are amazing. On the other hand, I think Davis is so close to Ross but with consistency and a very balanced approach to the game, he will mix his game in a good way, not like Ross who will keep shooing from outside.
                                I actually like Leo's comparison to Jrue Holiday. Obviously not there yet, but he's got the physicality and the playstyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X